Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:27:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now.  (Read 24191 times)
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 05:50:39 PM

LOL. Looks like people want to hold on to their coins rather than spend them.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:16:39 PM

LOL. Looks like people want to hold on to their coins rather than spend them.
and you just learned why deflationary currency is a terrible idea.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 06:41:18 PM

I think getting goods and services exchanged in Bitcoin is important. Even pass-through services like this one are good because they add to the list of things that you can buy with BTC (= making BTC more useful and desirable = greater incentive for "pure" BTC transactions).

Unfortunately, I can't really help this particular site reach its goal, mainly because it doesn't seem to have anything I particularly want to buy.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
Mosper

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:54:37 PM

Roger has enough money that he should just create a deal where user A can buy ITEM for user B and if user B doesn't pay back the loan then roger will cover/insure it up to a certain level. If this is really just about getting bitcoin out there and not making money then it shouldn't be a problem right? This is going to end with Roger walking away with several hundreds of thousands of dollars and that will be it most likely. No markup? Yea right.

^^ You are right that it is good for bitcoin but nobody involved with bitcoin is actually interested in or cares about furthering bitcoin for any reason other than their own personal gain so bitcoin to this day hasn't had anyone really go to bat for it.

mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:56:39 PM

Roger has enough money that he should just create a deal where user A can buy ITEM for user B and if user B doesn't pay back the loan then roger will cover/insure it up to a certain level. If this is really just about getting bitcoin out there and not making money then it shouldn't be a problem right? This is going to end with Roger walking away with several hundreds of thousands of dollars and that will be it most likely. No markup? Yea right.

Ok, we get it. You're mad and have some axe to grind. We can real your previous posts. Stop posting now.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Mosper

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 06:57:47 PM

Ok, we get it. You're mad and have some axe to grind. We can real your previous posts. Stop posting now.
I do not have any axe to grind and I am not mad. Not sure why you think that. If you would like to rebuttal any of my posts I'm happy to have a discussion with you.

I actually offered to lend my services to this site/company.

Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 06:59:24 PM

nobody involved with bitcoin is actually interested in or cares about furthering bitcoin for any reason other than their own personal gain
Is this a problem?

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
Mosper

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:00:22 PM

nobody involved with bitcoin is actually interested in or cares about furthering bitcoin for any reason other than their own personal gain
Is this a problem?
It is because what is best for bitcoin in the long run and what is best for that person are often times at odds with each other. Take this thing we're discussing right here in this thread.

mccorvic

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:01:05 PM

I do not have any axe to grind and I am not mad. Not sure why you think that. If you would like to rebuttal any of my posts I'm happy to have a discussion with you.

Ain't nothin' to rebut except that you're making every other post a sperg post and actually not contributing anything of value or interest.

But fine, sigh.

This is going to end with Roger walking away with several hundreds of thousands of dollars and that will be it most likely. No markup? Yea right.

Needs citation. Oh wait, you don't have any because you. just. mad.  I know I've bought a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff from their store cheaper than I could of from amazon or newegg.  So yea, if he gets profits from that good for him.  I got cheaper stuff. You on the other hand? Your just mad.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Mosper

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:02:32 PM

Ain't nothin' to rebut except that you're making every other post a sperg post and actually not contributing anything of value or interest.

But fine, sigh.

This is going to end with Roger walking away with several hundreds of thousands of dollars and that will be it most likely. No markup? Yea right.

Needs citation. Oh wait, you don't have any because you. just. mad.
Why does speculation need a citation? and I have nothing to be mad about.

mccorvic

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:04:16 PM

Ok, I'm def arguing with an idiot. "Rebut my points that I am making up and have no evidence of!"  I don't know why you're so mad, that's for you to figure out at this point.

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:07:34 PM

Okay I finally found a product I can recommend, that I'm sure almost any Bitcoiner could use a few of.  It's actually a really good price as well.

These USB sticks work well.  I've had no problems booting them, etc.  They're also tiny.  So, perfect for backups or whatever.

4gb, $6
16gb, $14

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Mosper

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:12:11 PM

Ok, I'm def arguing with an idiot. "Rebut my points that I am making up and have no evidence of!"  I don't know why you're so mad, that's for you to figure out at this point.
My evidence is that people are more interested in hoarding their money than spending it so he likely will not be hitting his goal which means he is just going to end up walking away with the profit. I do not believe there is no markup because there are ways that make more sense to drive sales such as the insurance I mentioned. If this was really about the reasons that were stated then there are things which would make sense to do which aren't being done.

I am sorry that you don't understand the concept of inference/deduction/speculation and think that only hard proven facts are allowed to be discussed. Seems that there is an idiot in the conversation but it isn't me.

mccorvic

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:17:12 PM

I am sorry that you don't understand the concept of inference/deduction/speculation and think that only hard proven facts are allowed to be discussed. Seems that there is an idiot in the conversation but it isn't me.

I needed to quote this for the laugh.  Keep tryin' I guess, you'll get a thought out there eventually. None the less, I'm sure you'll continue to sperg up this thread by posting every other time.

The truth is the bitcoinstore offers good deals on lots of items for BTC.  You cannot argue that.  All you can do is smack the keyboard, come up with "theories", ask people to rebut them, then admit you just made stuff up, but get defensive when people call you on it.

We will continue to laugh at your posts. Like, guffaw laugh.

Mosper

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:18:51 PM

I needed to quote this for the laugh.  Keep tryin' I guess, you'll get a thought out there eventually. None the less, I'm sure you'll continue to sperg up this thread by posting every other time.

The truth is the bitcoinstore offers good deals on lots of items for BTC.  You cannot argue that.  All you can do is smack the keyboard, come up with "theories", ask people to rebut them, then admit you just made stuff up, but get defensive when people call you on it.

We will continue to laugh at your posts. Like, guffaw laugh.
The truth is that once he fails to make his goal this "business" is going to collapse and that 250k revenue isn't shit to a company like amazon and that the goal of proving to places like amazon how much they're missing out was never going to happen and likely wasn't even his intent.

Funny that someone who is a member of a community centered around a "currency" driven purely by speculation doesn't like someone speculating. You're kind of dumb.

mccorvic

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:24:40 PM

Funny that someone who is a member of a community centered around a "currency" driven purely by speculation doesn't like someone speculating. You're kind of dumb.

See, defensive.  If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I post 90% of my posts in the speculation sub-forum.  You know what we do there? Speculate.  We make up all kinds of crap.

But what you're doing here is posting in a regular thread, making up very personal attacks out of whole cloth, and posting over and over and over.  If you had a complaint, fine. Say so.  But just posting the same unrelated dredge whenever someone else posts is what puts you into crazy person territory.

Mosper

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:25:45 PM

See, defensive.  If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I post 90% of my posts in the speculation sub-forum.  You know what we do there? Speculate.  We make up all kinds of crap.

But what you're doing here is posting in a regular thread, making up very personal attacks out of whole cloth, and posting over and over and over.  If you had a complaint, fine. Say so.  But just posting the same unrelated dredge whenever someone else posts is what puts you into crazy person territory.
6 pages in and I have a few posts. Yes that sure is crazy. Posting on a forum where people post things sure is crazy. I'm sorry I also didn't realize no statements without as much proof as exists for scientific theories could be posted outside of the speculation forum.

I think you might just be dumb. I also am not defensive. You should see if bitcoinstore has a dictionary for sale.

mccorvic

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:27:49 PM

blah blah blah defensive

In any event, we'll see how long you can go without posting about how Roger Vee won't return your emails or whatever.

Mosper

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:29:02 PM

blah blah blah defensive

In any event, we'll see how long you can go without posting about how Roger Vee won't return your emails or whatever.
lol what? Seems like you're the one with an axe to grind.

silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 07:43:10 PM

I want to buy just to shut mosper up at this point  Grin    Oh noes! people will not buy with deflationary coin. agghhhh! the sky is falling.  I'll be putting in an order near the end of the month. I'm saving for something I've wanted there for a long time. Deflationary money is so much better for saving for what you want instead of borrowing for what you want. It teaches discipline and will lead to greater wealth and security over time. That's a good thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: