Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:39:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now.  (Read 24193 times)
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:37:18 PM

$1400 for a stock standard AMD processor...I think the shop is setting their prices by BTC and letting the $$$ figure float with hte exchange rate..it should be otherway around..set the price in $$$ and float the BTC according to exchange rate

I do know that there have been items on there that are actually bulk buys but aren't listed as such.  Not sure if this is one.  The search/categorization on the site still has a long ways to go.  There have been times I've looked for an item and couldn't even tell if they had it or not because it came back with 1000+ items :/

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Mosper

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:53:24 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2013, 11:23:28 PM by Mosper

The naysayers in this thread are kinda funny.  Making sort of a "It's not a feature, it's a bug!" argument.  We assure you, they are features.  The fact that it's not as easy as Amazon one click is, to me, a benefit.  I don't WANT my credit card info stored by someone else. I don't WANT a store to have the ability to just suck money out of my account.  With BTC any transaction is controlled by me,

Though I don't see any crypto being directly used a lot in brick and mortar restaurants and such.  I'm not one who thinks that the USD will some day just vanish and the whole world will use nothing but btc.  It would be possible to have service providers create a "btc debit card" that would fullfil that instantaneous need, but I dunno.

Hm... FUD ? Astroturfing ? Man - come on - what're you on ?

A zero confirmation acceptance is in most cases perfectly okay. This goes instantly. If you'd like to buy a car or a house, I'm sure you could sit down for an hour and have a chat though..

Isn't it astounding how someone can get 200 posts or so on the forum and still have no clue how bitcoin works?
Yea I've had so many issues with Amazon stealing my money. Besides how ridiculous you sound the question was how is BTC more convenient not "what stupid paranoid issues does it resolve for your insane outlook on the world". None of these "features" make things more convenient. You are a shill and actually harmful to the progression of bitcoin.

edit: and your answers like "bitcoin debit card" are just going through the motions of centralizing things. Watching you guys over the last few years is like watching people experience the entire history of economic development in fast forward.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
mccorvic

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:24:18 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 01:10:40 AM by Maged

Isn't it astounding how someone can get 200 posts or so on the forum and still have no clue how bitcoin works?
Yea I've had so many issues with Amazon stealing my money. Besides how ridiculous you the sound the question was how is BTC more convenient not "what stupid paranoid issues does it resolve for your insane outlook on the world". None of these "features" make things more convenient. You are a shill and actually harmful to the progression of bitcoin.

edit: and your answers like "bitcoin debit card" are just going through the motions of centralizing things. Watching you guys over the last few years is like watching people experience the entire history of economic development in fast forward.

If given the option of someone having my credit card info and not, I choose not. Simple.  No, I haven't had a problem with Amazon specifically but there are a lot of problems with people having issues with identity theft online.  I hope no one needs to educate you on this issue.  I bet there were a lot of people a few years back who would have said, "I've never had a problem with Sony losing my credit card info". Whoops.

I thought my "but I dunno" made it clear that I'm not really into the idea for more or less why you said.  There could be a good reason for one, but I'm not really convinced.

None the less, it's funny that you think you're a good troll.  What compels you to spend so much time and effort here if are just gonna sperg and naysay without trying to comprehend anything?

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Mosper

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:27:16 PM

Well you don't have to store the info if you don't want to and even then it's still more convenient than bitcoin and I don't think I'm a troll at all.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:31:13 PM

Some update on my shipment from bitcoinstore.

Ordered: 11.03-2013
Shipped: 13.03-2013
Received: 22.03-2013

Total days since order:  11
Total days since shipment: 9

I guess it's shipped by ship. I'm content with this delivery speed. Have yet to unpack and test the hw, that's an exercise left for the weekend. Glad to contribute to the growth of bitcoin businesses!
mccorvic

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:32:06 PM

Well you don't have to store the info if you don't want to and even then it's still more convenient than bitcoin and I don't think I'm a troll. I am saying realistic things that make sense and pointing out how much a nonsensical and nearly incomprehensible shill you are.

I'm pretty sure you do have to have it on store for one click to work? I don't use it enough, but I could be wrong.  

To me, the ease of using bitcoin is in the ability to control my information.  I don't want to type my credit card number in anywhere, even if the site claims they don't store it.  

The reason I say troll is because you obviously don't care for or care to understand what's interesting about bitcoin, yet you continue to post.  Like, if I went to a My Little Pony fan forum and just argued with everyone there, I'm pretty sure I'd be a troll.

Mosper

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:33:20 PM

Well you don't have to store the info if you don't want to and even then it's still more convenient than bitcoin and I don't think I'm a troll. I am saying realistic things that make sense and pointing out how much a nonsensical and nearly incomprehensible shill you are.

I'm pretty sure you do have to have it on store for one click to work? I don't use it enough, but I could be wrong.  

To me, the ease of using bitcoin is in the ability to control my information.  I don't want to type my credit card number in anywhere, even if the site claims they don't store it.  
and you don't have to but none of this has anything to do with convenience.

mccorvic

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:34:35 PM

Difference of definition.  I'd consider it hell of inconvenient if my personal info got leaked, hacked, captured some how.

Mosper

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:39:25 PM

Difference of definition.  I'd consider it hell of inconvenient if my personal info got leaked, hacked, captured some how.
Well it's plain paranoia if you think amazon storing your credit card info when you tell them to not. and you do have to store it for one click ordering but I meant typing it in and instantly being done with the transaction is still more convenient than bitcoin.

Not to mention the framing of your definition is so far disconnected from the process itself that you clearly just using anything you can to justify this notion that bitcoin is more convenient in any way.

mccorvic

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 11:44:15 PM

Difference of definition.  I'd consider it hell of inconvenient if my personal info got leaked, hacked, captured some how.
Well it's plain paranoia if you think amazon storing your credit card info when you tell them to not. and you do have to store it for one click ordering but I meant typing it in and instantly being done with the transaction is still more convenient than bitcoin.

Not to mention the framing of your definition is so far disconnected from the process itself that you clearly just using anything you can to justify this notion that bitcoin is more convenient in any way.

If you can't debunk my argument, don't just revert back to something you said previously.  Or just don't respond to me at all. 

I will let all the victims of identity theft know that their plight was simply an act of their own paranoia :/

Mosper

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:00:57 AM

If you can't debunk my argument, don't just revert back to something you said previously.  Or just don't respond to me at all. 

I will let all the victims of identity theft know that their plight was simply an act of their own paranoia :/
Someone got hit by a car once so I'm going to walk everywhere I go because assuming I will die if I get into a car is not just me being paranoid. You give your statements too much credit if you think there is anything to debunk. your view of yourself is heavily skewed against the reality.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 11:02:49 AM

Nothing about bitcoins prevents one-click buying.

For example you could hook into the browser, such as with a plugin, so that your bitcoins are always poised ready to automatically send coins and your delivery address on any web page that contains a "something you can buy with bitcoins" marker.

It could be like the planned Open Transactions system-tray app, always sitting in the system tray ready to do any financial stuff any app or any plug-in for any app (such as broser, skype, instant messenger, whatever) wants done. Maybe it will wait until that Open Transactions system-tray thing is in place and be just another financial asset one can handle through Open Transactions. Or maybe it will come sooner. If you think it is so important, offer a bounty to get it prioritised...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Mosper

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:33:12 PM

Nothing about bitcoins prevents one-click buying.

For example you could hook into the browser, such as with a plugin, so that your bitcoins are always poised ready to automatically send coins and your delivery address on any web page that contains a "something you can buy with bitcoins" marker.

It could be like the planned Open Transactions system-tray app, always sitting in the system tray ready to do any financial stuff any app or any plug-in for any app (such as broser, skype, instant messenger, whatever) wants done. Maybe it will wait until that Open Transactions system-tray thing is in place and be just another financial asset one can handle through Open Transactions. Or maybe it will come sooner. If you think it is so important, offer a bounty to get it prioritised...

-MarkM-
and then pay the fee myself instead of the merchant (who should be paying it) and wait an hour and then get a broken item or not get it at all and have no recourse against the merchant.

Bitcoin is an unnecessary middle man between consumer and supplier which adds extra layers of complexity and wait and also costs more to use once all is said and done while also offering zero buy protections for the customer. It doesn't have to be this way but as it stands that's how it is.

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:08:16 PM

People who claim to see the long term potential of bitcoin yet seem to totally fail to appreciate the fact that we're bootstrapping the world's first decentralized currency from nothing to global scale....annoy me. It's like you expected the infrastructure, professionalism, network effects, and scale handling to magically come out of nowhere all at once, and now you're disappointed and therefore trollish. As someone who's worked almost exclusively for startups, I appreciate that it's hard. It takes A LOT of work, drive, and passion to execute even when the idea is phenomenal.

Indeed, it's actually quite impressive how much great work is getting done in the bitcoin ecosystem, and the speed at which things are maturing.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Mosper

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:15:52 PM

People who claim to see the long term potential of bitcoin yet seem to totally fail to appreciate the fact that we're bootstrapping the world's first decentralized currency from nothing to global scale....annoy me. It's like you expected the infrastructure, professionalism, network effects, and scale handling to magically come out of nowhere all at once, and now you're disappointed and therefore trollish. As someone who's worked almost exclusively for startups, I appreciate that it's hard. It takes A LOT of work, drive, and passion to execute even when the idea is phenomenal.

Indeed, it's actually quite impressive how much great work is getting done in the bitcoin ecosystem, and the speed at which things are maturing.
It does not take work or time to realize that intentionally limiting the speed at which transactions are made is a bad thing. It does not take time or work to realize that no chargebacks is actually a massive negative for the consumer AND the seller. I do see longterm potential for bitcoins I just don't see the same things you do as being the potential.

If BTCstore carried a good stock of musical equipment (mpc machines/midi controllers/monitors/turn tables etc) at a low enough price from other vendors that the inconvenience of using bitcoin instead of USD was offset then I would be all over it.

yokosan

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:35:02 PM

It does not take work or time to realize that intentionally limiting the speed at which transactions are made is a bad thing. It does not take time or work to realize that no chargebacks is actually a massive negative for the consumer AND the seller. I do see longterm potential for bitcoins I just don't see the same things you do as being the potential.

If BTCstore carried a good stock of musical equipment (mpc machines/midi controllers/monitors/turn tables etc) at a low enough price from other vendors that the inconvenience of using bitcoin instead of USD was offset then I would be all over it.

Chargebacks are possible to implement within the bitcoin protocol, it's just not a standard feature implemented by the current clients.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 07:39:55 PM

+1 There is no comparison between 3/2013 and 8/2012.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 06:23:02 PM

and the big fact that there is a 3000+ que long at mtgox

I am very intrigued by this statement.  How do we find out the backlog at Mt Gox? Thanks.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:13:07 PM

Just to add to your worries ..  Btc went from 95 to 87 in 4 hours.. You are missing out on cheap btc.... the backlog guys Cheesy Cheesy

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:02:27 AM

and the big fact that there is a 3000+ que long at mtgox

I am very intrigued by this statement.  How do we find out the backlog at Mt Gox? Thanks.

We didn't find out, MagicalTux said so.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: