Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:33:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I repaired my wallet now coins are unconfirmed SOS, and solution, reward in btc  (Read 1541 times)
slimsteam (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:08:57 AM

Hello,

I used the "Repair Wallet" button in the last version of MultiBit HD, it takes no longer than 10 minutes to sinc.
But, when I check Payments, all the transaction status have cross arrows (sync), and not the green ticket on them.
In the mean time, all my balance is unconfirmed  Cry

How long it takes for the MultiBit HD client to sync all my received and send payments after I used the Repair Wallet tool ?

http://prntscr.com/bgyajb
here is screen with all my pending balance waiting to arrive from the bitcoin network, it was all in my account until I hit the repair button

http://prntscr.com/bgyaxm
here is part of the transaction that were sent and received all show sending and receiving and none show green showing as completed

I know I could just enter the correct 18 seed words, but when I wrote them down I put them also into my own code which I have forgotten, so this is not a solution if you tell me to restore the wallet by the keys words, I have not lost access to the wallet or forgot the password.

Is there any I can do, will it eventually correct itself it is showing no sign even through I tried to repair the wallet many times, is there any file I can remove of the history of the blockchain.info leaving the coin spendable inside my wallet.

Let me know if you need anything else to assist you to help me gain access to these coins, am willing to pay a reward for help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Baby Rage

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Qtum • Value Transfer Protocol DAPP Platform

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:21:53 AM

I had had the exact same problem with Multibit classic. i kept my wallet.dat and then uninstalled and reinstalled the wallet. took a while for the block chain to sync. alternatively i am sure you could just delete the current block chain file you have and then reopen the wallet and let it sync.

I hope that helps. thats alot of btc to be unconfirmed. If the advice is worth anything to you send me a pm and ill send my address (optimism grows)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:26:34 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2016, 07:53:02 AM by merelcoin

I have a multibit HD wallet which i seldomly use, and the first time syncing the headers took a while... If i remember correctly, it was like 15-20 minutes (might have depended on my internet connection or my peers at that time).
Can you see an orange or a green dot at the right bottom corner of multibit HD, or a syncing indicator... you cropped that part out of the screenshots.

BTW: you do realise it might be a good idear to empty out that wallet, and move all coins to a wallet from whom you do have the seed phrase? If you don't  want to use the core wallet, and stick to an HD one, i personally find electrum to be much faster and easyer to use (but that's just a matter of personal opinion). If you create an output to an electrum controlled address combining all unspent inputs, you can be sure that you have the electrum seed words, and you'll be able to continue managing your coins. This way you can keep the multibit HD wallet, just in case you ever receive any funds on it, or if you need to sign a message, but your coins will be safe.

Personally, i would be carefull with uninstalling/installing unless you know exacly which files to keep (i don't have enough experience with multibit HD to know this for sure, with the core wallet you just have to save your wallet.dat, but multibit hd isn't core)... An alternative would be to close multibit HD, copy the wallet (in windows => C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\MultiBitHD), install multibit HD on a completely different PC, copy the wallet from the original pc, open the wallet on the new pc, and see it if works... If it does, hooray, if it doesn't: no harm done (you haven't touched the multibit HD install on your original pc). I'm certainly not 100% sure this will work, but at least you won't have risked your coins.
More info might be found here: https://multibit.org/help/hd0.3/backups.html

BTW: have you tried turning it off and on again? Shutting down multibit and re-opening it, just in case?
MadMultiHD

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:36:56 PM

I had a similar problem, just fixed it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1513497.0

If you are willing to send me by private message the wallet password and the main wallet file,
I can retrieve those coins for you (no wallet words required).
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 04:47:25 PM

Hello,

I used the "Repair Wallet" button in the last version of MultiBit HD, it takes no longer than 10 minutes to sinc.
But, when I check Payments, all the transaction status have cross arrows (sync), and not the green ticket on them.

How long it takes for the MultiBit HD client to sync all my received and send payments after I used the Repair Wallet tool ?
-snip-
Hi Guys !

I used the "Repair Wallet" button, it takes no longer than 10 minutes to sinc.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my non native english  Cheesy

Strangely familiar? Account farmer? Creating illusion of trust? WTF?
Definitely something fishy going on with those accounts.
Somebody will take a closer look in to this, I might be wrong but its good to
flag them when they are still noobs.

merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:57:22 AM

Hello,

-snip-
Hi Guys !

I used the "Repair Wallet" button, it takes no longer than 10 minutes to sinc.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my non native english  Cheesy

Strangely familiar? Account farmer? Creating illusion of trust? WTF?
Definitely something fishy going on with those accounts.
Somebody will take a closer look in to this, I might be wrong but its good to
flag them when they are still noobs.

Good catch man, you must have one hell of a memory Smiley
I hope you clicked 'report to moderator'? Otherwise there's a reasonable chance they'll miss your report, since it's just in the thread!
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 11:00:24 AM

I had a similar problem, just fixed it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1513497.0

If you are willing to send me by private message the wallet password and the main wallet file,
I can retrieve those coins for you (no wallet words required).

If anyone takes up this guy's offer, then I have a bridge to sell you...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: