Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHICH ALTCOIN IS NOW BEST TO INVEST?  (Read 4575 times)
ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 04:36:49 PM

Yall are not paying attention if you don't think it's loyyal/RibbitRewards.

Now's the time to buy, when very few are paying attention.
It will no doubt hit 1k sats (at least) eventually. That's 3x from current price
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 05:37:01 PM

The greatest successes will come from coins that are able to capture the attention of the consumer. This means branding is key.

Anyone not currently invested in GoldCoin (GLD) is sure to miss the largest gains in crypto history. We're gaining steam and will not be stopped!

~~
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 06:02:49 PM

You can invest in nearly all of the top 20 altcoins. The whole crypto market is still on the beginning of the development and it will rise over the next years. The top 20 promises profit. When you want to really invest in something new and special then I would wait some more days until IOTA is released.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:25:07 PM

When considering an alt-coin, I would first ask the following questions:
1) What problems / issues does Bitcoin currently face?
2) Does the alt-coin address these issues, and if so how?

Bitcoin currently faces two main issues that prevent its widespread use as money:

a) Bitcoin cannot scale at the protocol level, otherwise known as the blocksize issue. The current Bitcoin blockchain is limited theoretically to 7 transactions per second and in practice to around 2-3 transactions per second. For comparison VISA can peak at well over 40,000 transactions per second. Furthermore this limitation in Bitcoin will not be overcome by technological improvements in processor power, network bandwidth, digital storage, etc since they are baked right into the protocol. As of this point I have not seen a solution for Bitcoin that addresses both the scaling of the blocksize and the security of the network once the emission runs out.

b) Fungibility. As more and more companies are getting into "Bitcoin blockchain analytics" and selling their proprietary "solutions" to industry participants there is no guarantee that one's Bitcoin are going to be accepted in a transaction because some proprietary algorithm alleges that one's Bitcoins were used in say an illegal transaction N transactions ago. This is not an issue with cash and a digital cash equivalent needs to have at least the same level of fungibility as cash.

If one looks at the top 20 crypto currencies, that are both proof of work and whose primary purpose is their use as money, Monero is the only one that fully addresses both of the above issues in Bitcoin.

Monero addresses (a) above by using both an adaptive blocksize limit combined with a tail emission. A tail emission would break a critical social covenant in Bitcoin making this solution impossible in Bitcoin and taking the tail emission out will make the coin insecure as the emission runs out. This is the fundamental problem with the design of Bytecoin for example. Dodgcoin does have a tail emission and could add Monero style adaptive blocksize limit with a comparably minor change in the social covenant but at this point has not done so.

Monero addresses (b) above by using a very elegant mixing method using ring signature that allows instant mixing with existing transactions on the blockchain. This avoids the need to use a second level of mixing servers (Coinjoin in Bitcoin, Dash masternodes) that introduce both delays (it can take hours or even days to mix Dash) and a very significant regulatory risk associated with the operators of the mixing servers.

To get the real picture on how the market has valued Monero over the last 2 years I would suggest taking a look at the historical market capitalization https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/#charts rather than just the price. This will account for the fast falling emission rate in Monero.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:06:58 AM

in the following month i think LISK is going to be the best altcoin if you can catch it early on before it lifts off.

and also there is always eth where pumpers can start pumping it again after the dump stopped.

Seems that LISK is hogging the attention, So far has been more marketing than releases, However  it has one of the largest communities and good developers. If it want to compete with ETH it need get a move on.
arcanaaerobics

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:37:08 AM

I think most people here don't really care about the technical aspects of the altcoins, they just need a quick buck, by buying an altcoin before its rise and selling it at the first pump.
Monero and Dash both have some great features, they have been in the market for a good time considering the history of cryptocurrencies. But one may just ask why is Bitcoin is kicking ass and going to the roof lately ? With all the technical limitations on scalability, block size and red flagging coins ? because it is appealing to the investor and that's why you should think like an uinvestor to make money not like a technical guy, because being superior does not guarantee success.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:36:02 AM

I think most people here don't really care about the technical aspects of the altcoins, they just need a quick buck, by buying an altcoin before its rise and selling it at the first pump.
Monero and Dash both have some great features, they have been in the market for a good time considering the history of cryptocurrencies. But one may just ask why is Bitcoin is kicking ass and going to the roof lately ? With all the technical limitations on scalability, block size and red flagging coins ? because it is appealing to the investor and that's why you should think like an uinvestor to make money not like a technical guy, because being superior does not guarantee success.

i agree 100% no one seems to care if the alt coin even have a future, aslong as its hyped and people are buying they are happy making money.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 10:55:43 AM

You need a lot of research of your own and people recommendation to come out with your own list
get into the coin with high volume,community support active dev and a feature that is unique
these are a few in my portfolio Rubies,Bioscrypto Cbx Bigup, Billary Gpu is ok too

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:15:08 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2016, 02:30:24 AM by ArticMine

i agree 100% no one seems to care if the alt coin even have a future, aslong as its hyped and people are buying they are happy making money.

Not 100%. Some of us actually do care if the coin actually has a future and are prepared to wait for the fundamental value of a coin to materialize. I see the value of a crypto currency as ultimately determined by people using it in commerce, where those people have no interest in speculating on its value, with the more people using the currency in commerce, the more valuable it becomes. The likelihood of this occurring in the future is the risk vs return analysis one makes. Market timing is primarily about getting a fair price as opposed to the best possible price, and cost averaging strategies become part of the buying process.

A similar approach with stocks is to look at the long term earnings and growth potential of a company over the long term based upon fundamental factors. Among the most famous and successful investors who use fundamental analysis is Warren Buffett and his 9 rules for choosing stocks http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/12/05/9-rules-that-helped-warren-buffett-produce-a-18261.aspx. One set of rules that are not present is: Buy high hoping to sell higher and my favorite bear equivalent of sell low hoping to buy lower. This set of rules are known as the greater fool theory.

My take is that many of the same principles of fundamental analysis for stocks can also be applied to crypto - currencies.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810
Merit: 500

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:34:21 PM

I've done well in Lisk, but not sure if its the best time to invest.  Lots of headroom to grow but still alot of work to be done.  Waves just finished a really big ICO campaign but thats closed now.  The only ICO i see left worth investing in is RISE.  Still a couple weeks left in the ICO.  If anyone wants info on it follow the link on my sig.

Any one else know of any other ICO opportunities right now?

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:51:35 PM

With that capital ($1000) I would invest 300 in bitcoin, 100 in lite, 200 DAO, 200 eth, and 200 in a basket of several other alts.
Tacata

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 05:03:59 AM

NXT 2.0 is coming soon, prob re-branded  buying some NXT now you can change for FNXT: And look there NXT  in forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2016/06/10/is-a-blockchain-solution-for-brexit-voting-transparency-the-answer/4/#6e07deb44788

sfinxster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 07:33:50 PM

For now the best option is not to buy any because of the price jump.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 08:24:17 PM

Yes, that  sounds the most appropriate and safe for the moment as calm returns.
tintumon

Activity: 364

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 08:42:02 PM

true, altcoins will go down even further if btc continues its rally.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:38:42 PM

IMO Ethereum is one of the possible Bitcoin Killers. If you want to invest in another crypto you might take a look at it. You can also check out LISK and the Dao, I believe it is a good investment as well!
EpyxZ

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:08:13 AM

With the current hike btc is going through you should stick to btc/usd/eur etc. With the current price dips you can make a nice chunk  by converting between btc & usd.

But if you want my honest opinion I think semi short term alt coin to invest in is doge. doge ran @ like 11 sat around 6 months ago and hiked to 49-53 sats for a few months and now teetering between 38-41 with spikes of 46.

I only recommend doge because even if you dump every bit of your btc into it its one of the few makets currently thats price doesnt plummet to nothing if it begins to crash or you panic sell. loss is minimal.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 01:21:12 AM

Invest is not the correct term....check out SC, ETH for day or short term trading.
Do your due diligence before buying, of course.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 08:27:53 AM

Trader's dream going on right now....ETH 23% down...short here.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 08:46:52 AM

for me the best altcoin to invest is waves, rise,that bela and 777,..
this is good for a newbie to invest here,.. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: