Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unauthorized transaction on my debit card done without 3d secure. Who is liable?  (Read 6193 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:01:40 PM

I have an Indian debit card and it has all the "3d secure" stuff, which I always use. However, on some sites (mostly overseas ones) I made some online purchases and they went through without going through the 3d secure process.

Yesterday I had two unauthorized transactions on my debit card of a significant amount done on a US site. I contacted the bank immediately and also the site where the tx was done. Both assured me that "it will be take care of". Today morning the bank calls me and says that "there is a chance that you will not get your money back since it is not a transaction done by you but by someone else." (wait, wtf??)

I am 100% sure my IPIN (the thing needed for 3d secure) is not compromised as I don't store it on my computer and it is fairly complex to guess. Therefore it was one of those transactions without IPIN.

Who is liable in such a case?

Strange, have you tried to contact the bank?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: