Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:32:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking for your advice  (Read 1472 times)
zulu55 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 10:09:47 AM

Hello guys!
I'm planning to buy S7 in near future, like an investment of money I'm ready to lose (I understand the risks, increasing difficulty and halving, but nevertheless). Online calculator says 190 days of ROI. My electricity price is 0.06/kWh, so I expect at least $200/month
So, the question is - is it better to wait for halving, will the price of equipment be down after the halving? Can I expect any decrease?
Another question is - how long can (S7) it live? I mean, do I need to be afraid that it can die before ROI?)

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:19:53 AM

I think you're better of waiting for the S9 https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=0002016052907243375530DcJIoK0654
It has an efficieny of 0.098 J/GH which is quite a bit better than the S7's 0.25 J/GH which means that it'll be profitable for a longer time.
zulu55 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 10:25:55 AM

I think you're better of waiting for the S9 https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=0002016052907243375530DcJIoK0654
It has an efficieny of 0.098 J/GH which is quite a bit better than the S7's 0.25 J/GH which means that it'll be profitable for a longer time.

$2200 is still a pretty much amount to lose, comparing to $800 for S7.. But thanks anyway, I will think about it
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:53:58 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2016, 12:08:26 AM by leowonderful

$2200 is still a pretty much amount to lose, comparing to $800 for S7.. But thanks anyway, I will think about it
If you're willing to get the same efficiency as the S7 but at a lower hashrate, try the S7-LN. Comes with free psu, 2 fans, 0.25j/gh efficiency. Only difference is, it only hashes at 2.7TH/S, but you'll spend less and have almost the same experience, and only costs 291$ without shipping, so it's cheap and also cheap to upgrade. It's really just not worth buying any variant of S7 now that the halving is so close, so consider buying a S9 like bigboom said.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 04:32:55 PM

The thing is no one know's after having what a profitable electricity price is for S7's.  Just don't know value of BTC, difficulty, etc.  So a LOT of unknown's.   If you get one you for sure can mine till having with S7.   But at having block reward is cut in have... so less income.

This is where the suggestion of S9 comes in at as you will be mining with it after having with 0.06/kWh.  S7... hard to say speculation.  But if you get a S7 with that electricity rate know going into it you might need to sell the miner at having.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 05:56:49 PM

If you're willing to get the same efficiency as the S7 but at a lower hashrate, try the S9-LN. Comes with free psu, 2 fans, 0.25j/gh efficiency. Only difference is, it only hashes at 2.7TH/S, but you'll spend less and have almost the same experience, and only costs 291$ without shipping, so it's cheap and also cheap to upgrade. It's really just not worth buying any variant of S7 now that the halving is so close, so consider buying a S9 like bigboom said.

S9-LN for $291 is a very nice idea, Smiley however I think you will find that you are actually referring to the S7-LN.....

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
zulu55 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 06:14:46 PM

Thank you all for replies! Decided to purchase S9, as the most efficient and powerful device. More spend, more gain. And fun  Cheesy
I hope it will not die just after its warranty expires, haha  Undecided
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 06:44:35 PM

Thank you all for replies! Decided to purchase S9, as the most efficient and powerful device. More spend, more gain. And fun  Cheesy
I hope it will not die just after its warranty expires, haha  Undecided
Cool! I hope will enjoy the world of mining, good luck! Smiley
zulu55 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2016, 07:11:09 PM

Thank you all for replies! Decided to purchase S9, as the most efficient and powerful device. More spend, more gain. And fun  Cheesy
I hope it will not die just after its warranty expires, haha  Undecided
Cool! I hope will enjoy the world of mining, good luck! Smiley

I surely will  Wink Thanks!
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:08:02 AM

If you're willing to get the same efficiency as the S7 but at a lower hashrate, try the S9-LN. Comes with free psu, 2 fans, 0.25j/gh efficiency. Only difference is, it only hashes at 2.7TH/S, but you'll spend less and have almost the same experience, and only costs 291$ without shipping, so it's cheap and also cheap to upgrade. It's really just not worth buying any variant of S7 now that the halving is so close, so consider buying a S9 like bigboom said.

S9-LN for $291 is a very nice idea, Smiley however I think you will find that you are actually referring to the S7-LN.....

Rich

Yep, you caught me there. Will edit, thanks for telling me :p S9-LN for 291 would be the best miner ever sold, lol.
topiOleg

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 07:49:31 AM

Decided to purchase S9, as the most efficient and powerful device. More spend, more gain.

I think it is good decission, S9 might be most power effecient miner for very long, probably over one year. But the S9 price could get down, especially after halving.

zulu55 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 01:36:50 PM

Decided to purchase S9, as the most efficient and powerful device. More spend, more gain.

I think it is good decission, S9 might be most power effecient miner for very long, probably over one year. But the S9 price could get down, especially after halving.

Yes, I researched a bit, and made a similar conclusion) I'd even buy it before halving, but there is a problem- the only store in my country sells them order it directly from bitmaintech by some contract, at the moment all batch 2 is already sold by pre-orders, and they still don't know when batch 3 will be available. And they said better to pre-order now, unless I don't want to miss it.
There is also a way to order directly from bitmaintech, but those are also unavailable now, as I see on their web-site
But I don't hurry much, so just need to wait Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:48:48 PM

The thing is then you are giving up pre-having mining by waiting.  So it's a trade-off as mining now is huge in my eyes right before having.   So will S9 go down in time? Yes (how much we have no idea).    But you missed mining before having so you did not get some coins you could have.

It is all speculation on what is best.  But I would keep in mind the trade off of the coins you did not get to mine by waiting.  It could add up depending on many variables.
zulu55 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 07:08:39 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2016, 07:26:20 PM by zulu55

The thing is then you are giving up pre-having mining by waiting.  So it's a trade-off as mining now is huge in my eyes right before having.   So will S9 go down in time? Yes (how much we have no idea).    But you missed mining before having so you did not get some coins you could have.

It is all speculation on what is best.  But I would keep in mind the trade off of the coins you did not get to mine by waiting.  It could add up depending on many variables.

I agree about trade-off before halving, surely they do it intentionally. But I don't want to buy something that I'll need to sell after halving in case just to get some less-difficulty coins. I want to mine as long as I can, and probably get some profit. In this case I'll better wait for S9, and just trade bitcoins this halving. And that profit I can spend on a miner (and some more btc) after the halving.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 11:20:52 PM

The thing is then you are giving up pre-having mining by waiting.  So it's a trade-off as mining now is huge in my eyes right before having.   So will S9 go down in time? Yes (how much we have no idea).    But you missed mining before having so you did not get some coins you could have.

It is all speculation on what is best.  But I would keep in mind the trade off of the coins you did not get to mine by waiting.  It could add up depending on many variables.

I agree about trade-off before halving, surely they do it intentionally. But I don't want to buy something that I'll need to sell after halving in case just to get some less-difficulty coins. I want to mine as long as I can, and probably get some profit. In this case I'll better wait for S9, and just trade bitcoins this halving. And that profit I can spend on a miner (and some more btc) after the halving.

I'm not sure what you mean by "surely they do it intentionally".   The S9 before having get's more mining from now till having so a larger price is expected.   It is worth more before having so it makes sense it would be higher before. (And again that is pure speculation I have no idea price after having).

But with a S9 you will not "need to sell after halving" it's king on efficiency right now so it will be mining after having.  So I do think you made the right purchase there.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:36:46 PM

Hello guys!
I'm planning to buy S7 in near future, like an investment of money I'm ready to lose (I understand the risks, increasing difficulty and halving, but nevertheless). Online calculator says 190 days of ROI. My electricity price is 0.06/kWh, so I expect at least $200/month
So, the question is - is it better to wait for halving, will the price of equipment be down after the halving? Can I expect any decrease?
Another question is - how long can (S7) it live? I mean, do I need to be afraid that it can die before ROI?)

Thanks!

Your electricity rate is fine, but the time to enter is not. If you are persistent I would advice you to wait for the halving. A week after the halving the prices for equipment should go down.
Although I don't expect the prices 'to halve' which means either way you end up paying too much...
ALToids

Activity: 519
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 10:28:50 AM

Hello guys!

Thanks!

Your electricity rate is fine, but the time to enter is not. If you are persistent I would advice you to wait for the halving. A week after the halving the prices for equipment should go down.
Although I don't expect the prices 'to halve' which means either way you end up paying too much...

The difficulty adjustment and price adjustment will lag behind the block reward by at least a week if not a month.  Factoring that in waiting might not be the best case.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:17:08 PM

Hello guys!

Thanks!

The difficulty adjustment and price adjustment will lag behind the block reward by at least a week if not a month.  Factoring that in waiting might not be the best case.

It is a trade off of getting a possibly cheaper unit, and giving up pre-having mining day's.  Some people talk about doing this but I think the machine's price already has it factored in that around X day's of mining are pre-having and so many after.   So I don't see after having some massive drop.   On price it is still going to be a great miner and running far after having... so it would be priced with that in mind I think.

So in my speculation yes likely cheaper.  But giving up the mining day's before having could be a decent amount of mining your passing up on for a price that is far from certain.  I think price drop will be more gradual not just drop off huge after having.   But pure speculation on my part.  Look at amount of time till having - http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/ by waiting you are giving up a decent amount of BTC in hopes of it dropping in price is only thing we know for sure.
zulu55 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:26:45 PM

Thank you all guys, I took your words into attention.
Finally I'm buying 1 S7 before halving, and will mine BTC or PPC with it. As I calculated S7 will also be profitable for me after the halving, and even considering difficulty increase for 4.33%. I can mine BTc before halving (there is a little time left, but nevertheless) and switch to PPC after halving. Also, waiting for a BTC rate to increase in halving to sell some, take profit and by 1 S9 for mining BTC after halving.
That's what I decided to do.
tbonetony

Activity: 441

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:00:29 AM

The only thing certain here is uncertainty.

You have to understand that anyone who would have known anything future better have already taken a position, while the rest just wait and see. The last thing you can remind yourself is: you are betting or competing against all the other players in this realm. Good luck.

Customizable full-featured crypto trading platform in development. Asking for demo if interested.

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: