Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:32:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you comfortable with putting your ID online?  (Read 2649 times)
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 06:33:31 AM

i don't mind sending my ID to a company as long as they don't put it available for everyone else to see.
if its just for verification, i guess i can't do anything else but send my drivers license to prove i'm real.
Thats actually the fallacy why a lot of people are scammed through Identification theft. Not all such services require your identification, and despite being registered you shouldn't just send your id to them without marking them in some manner. The company won't tell you they are using your id on different places, the data can also be compromised by a hack,so you should stay away from companies that don't have a good security.

Hausi

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 08:25:18 AM

i gave my id to one exchange.
it is a company in my country that i know, and i know they have to handle it in our legal way.
I would NEVER give any site my ID, an Selfie, signature, certificate of registration or an birth certificate...
Do you guys know, what they can do whith your data ?
Often the want way too much info. They can take over your identity and destroy your real live.
Easy social hacking when you give them and ID and an Selfie.

also read about an exchange who wants a lot of data and then comes a message somthing like "no exchange available".
You find your data in the deep web Cheesy
biggbox

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 11:36:42 AM

i gave my id to one exchange.
it is a company in my country that i know, and i know they have to handle it in our legal way.
I would NEVER give any site my ID, an Selfie, signature, certificate of registration or an birth certificate...
Do you guys know, what they can do whith your data ?
Often the want way too much info. They can take over your identity and destroy your real live.
Easy social hacking when you give them and ID and an Selfie.

also read about an exchange who wants a lot of data and then comes a message somthing like "no exchange available".
You find your data in the deep web Cheesy

Selfie is slightly safer. But you need to watermark your documents in a manner that it is difficult for it to be reused, if the documents were leaked.

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 12:24:54 PM

Identity theft/fraud is a big thing nowadays.

So just a question - Are you guys comfortable with going on sites and verifying your ID with you and legal proof? I'm personally not, because on the internet anything can happen.

Im not comfortable with my ID online, because what if someone hacked their site and they sell my identity in deepweb like others hackers do. Im not feeling safe about their site security because many hackers now have knowledge to hacked a governor site and the governor site is secured by Pro I.T they can break it so how about if this business site..
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 08:17:50 PM

Identity theft for men is not a matter of concern if you do not have enough to ose but if you have got enough to lose yes it become a problem . I think there should be a special key for login and not those shits like ID and passswords .
Why is money a concern here ? Its basically your reputation on the line. If a guy uses your ID to do something illegal online and is able to social engineer your email or a service you use and do something illegal, then you are likely going to be held responsible for it. Its not only about losing money.
Yeah, if the ID proof is leaked or sold, it could be even worse. People would say the user sold it and I paid him and both could be in equal trouble. I fear that if my bank account gets hacked and the user gets access to me documents, he could easily misuse it. Nowadays, they have made it compulsory to verify your ID with forex and trading accounts.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 09:47:42 PM

So just a question - Are you guys comfortable with going on sites and verifying your ID with you and legal proof? I'm personally not, because on the internet anything can happen.

Im not comfortable with my ID online, because what if someone hacked their site and they sell my identity in deepweb like others hackers do. Im not feeling safe about their site security because many hackers now have knowledge to hacked a governor site and the governor site is secured by Pro I.T they can break it so how about if this business site..

This is the exact reason why I don't give out my ID. Most of the time they ask for my ID and other papers I make sure to check out what kind of company  i am dealing with.
The only exchange that has my ID f.e. is Kraken, if bittrex or c-cex would ask for my ID, i want close my account there.
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:14:04 AM

This is the exact reason why I don't give out my ID. Most of the time they ask for my ID and other papers I make sure to check out what kind of company  i am dealing with.
The only exchange that has my ID f.e. is Kraken, if bittrex or c-cex would ask for my ID, i want close my account there.

But you cannot avoid to give your ids if wallet provider ask for it just like our wallet provider here in phils they require us selfie verification and ids back to back so we can use their services and can withdraw thru banks but im confident that its ok since they are government registered, but for other site asking well my big answer with that is totally NO i dont want to get liabilities in the future so better keep out with unknown site asking for identity.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

md1120

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:19:23 AM

maybe
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 01:26:07 AM

i don't mind sending my ID to a company as long as they don't put it available for everyone else to see.
if its just for verification, i guess i can't do anything else but send my drivers license to prove i'm real.
Thats actually the fallacy why a lot of people are scammed through Identification theft. Not all such services require your identification, and despite being registered you shouldn't just send your id to them without marking them in some manner. The company won't tell you they are using your id on different places, the data can also be compromised by a hack,so you should stay away from companies that don't have a good security.

never giving your ID would perhaps work good in your country. but  if you can not cash out with out it, i don't have any choice.
living in this 3rd world country where they enforce everything will choke us to death.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:20:34 AM

never giving your ID would perhaps work good in your country. but  if you can not cash out with out it, i don't have any choice.
living in this 3rd world country where they enforce everything will choke us to death.

But if it really requires then we should give our ids just like our wallet provider theyre asking for personal ids and selfie now because they want to identify easily the fraudster or identify the real user not dummy wallets, and also to access the cash out option so by that i will no doubt for giving my ids to them as long as theyre legit well thats ok.

AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:46:20 AM

But if it really requires then we should give our ids just like our wallet provider theyre asking for personal ids and selfie now because they want to identify easily the fraudster or identify the real user not dummy wallets, and also to access the cash out option so by that i will no doubt for giving my ids to them as long as theyre legit well thats ok.

Indeed if they are legit its no big problem due to the fact that sometimes the company's can also not be blamed for doing this they are mostly forced to do this if they are needing it.
I do not like it for a part also because these days a lot of things also get hacked...
Babayega31

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:12:20 AM

Indeed if they are legit its no big problem due to the fact that sometimes the company's can also not be blamed for doing this they are mostly forced to do this if they are needing it.
I do not like it for a part also because these days a lot of things also get hacked...

I think it depends on site, if they are fool and not upgrade their security features for the maximum level i think possibilities for them to be hack thats why we need to do some research about the site eventhough they are registered but really we make also extra research if theyre site is fully secured thats why it only depends on site provider.

Altcoinmoney

Activity: 344

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:57:01 AM

I do not like it at all but I cannot do anything about it because its sometimes required by the government.
I do not like it because its still stored and even if they are saying it gets deleted after a while its still not secure in my eyes.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:50:00 PM

If the site has a license and is legit like Perfect Money and PayPal, I don't mind to upload my ID proof. Identity theft can be an issue even in the case of bank accounts wherein online bank accounts get hacked and even email IDs. If I need a payment processor/exchange website to sell my bitcoins or store money online, I have to get my account verified then. There's no option.
I agree bit I still have the feeling even when they are legit and have a license for it its pretty risky because if this will leak your details will lay on the streets waiting for big trouble..
If they have a license that's valid, there couldn't be any chance of stealing your identity as they'll have to face legal charges then. It's only when you verify with new websites that claim to have a license that's fake when you details can be leaked. If by any chance it happens and you get to know about it, it's preferred to immediately take an action and report it.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:08:39 PM

If the site has a license and is legit like Perfect Money and PayPal, I don't mind to upload my ID proof. Identity theft can be an issue even in the case of bank accounts wherein online bank accounts get hacked and even email IDs. If I need a payment processor/exchange website to sell my bitcoins or store money online, I have to get my account verified then. There's no option.
I agree bit I still have the feeling even when they are legit and have a license for it its pretty risky because if this will leak your details will lay on the streets waiting for big trouble..
If they have a license that's valid, there couldn't be any chance of stealing your identity as they'll have to face legal charges then. It's only when you verify with new websites that claim to have a license that's fake when you details can be leaked. If by any chance it happens and you get to know about it, it's preferred to immediately take an action and report it.

How would you or anyone know they leaked it ? Even if you mark it and all, a leak could have been a hack on your end, so you will probably not win legally. And neither go about filing cases internationally.

prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 08:22:32 PM

I do not have a bank account and mainly withdraw my money from exchanges to my parents bank account which needed me to verify their details. After I withdraw, I just close the account and hopefully these websites do not misuse the IDs once the accounts are closed. It actually makes it more secure when the ID is verified on exchange websites but sometimes I get scared if the site turns a scam or is banned by the Government.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 09:23:22 PM

For me as a simple bitcoin user I don't see why I should give my private informations to anyone but when I will run a business i think my users should know about me to be more confident

nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:20:14 AM

The thing is, government or even companies are now requiring us to get ID eventhough we don't want it.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:34:36 AM

if they are also working with a bank or other legitimate and trusted company and also they are showing themselves to the user i would be comfortable to put my ID if it is necessary like that wallet that we are using here in my country .
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:08:32 PM

I do not really like it but sometimes there is no other option than doing this due to the fact that its sometimes required by the government that is the company falling under in their country.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: