Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:50:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you comfortable with putting your ID online?  (Read 2649 times)
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:01:04 PM

if they are also working with a bank or other legitimate and trusted company and also they are showing themselves to the user i would be comfortable to put my ID if it is necessary like that wallet that we are using here in my country .
Well yeah if they are true people and they are showing the real information there's no problem to trust them. to give your real information too..
Its dangerous if the site are not telling the truth and no proof that they are real people.. this is online and i think many people are hiding their real information because online is dangerous if we give our real information.. they can use it in illegal activity or use it to hack your bank account..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:07:13 PM

Identity theft/fraud is a big thing nowadays.

So just a question - Are you guys comfortable with going on sites and verifying your ID with you and legal proof? I'm personally not, because on the internet anything can happen.

I don't think that somebody is comfortable putting his ID online and sending to a company that anytime can be hacked or they will collapse and sell their users database to a third party. Where is the anonymity when you send the ID to a particularly exchange? I will try to not send any ID to them but when we have no other choice we can't do anything else.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:23:41 PM

I do not really like it but sometimes we cannot do anything about that fact and due to that its in my eyes not very bad.
Mostly these ID's will also get removed after a couple weeks in their system.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 02:52:48 PM

if they are also working with a bank or other legitimate and trusted company and also they are showing themselves to the user i would be comfortable to put my ID if it is necessary like that wallet that we are using here in my country .
Well yeah if they are true people and they are showing the real information there's no problem to trust them. to give your real information too..
Its dangerous if the site are not telling the truth and no proof that they are real people.. this is online and i think many people are hiding their real information because online is dangerous if we give our real information.. they can use it in illegal activity or use it to hack your bank account..

yes just like coins.ph they are show the real information of their company and the services that they are providing to us and also they have shown us their identity so it is not hard to trust them .
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:33:49 PM

I'm not of course , it's always better to not give any info about yourself
but I trust some big gambling sites like Pokerstars and WPN , and in order to play on these you have to verify your ID which isn't a problem at all in my opinion when you are dealing with trusted sites
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:44:44 PM

i am not at all comfortable to give my id online i came to bitcoin gambling world because i dont have to disclose my identity and can play all games, but their are some sites which are asking details but i wont use them. But some sites which are very secure can be given the details but they are not asking id proofs to submit online.
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:07:05 PM

One of the very basic thing remains is that bitcoin is anonymous so why will somebody need to give identity else it destroys the basic principle of what is called bitcoin. As creator though about it and reason for creating was to remain anonymous.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:08:05 PM

i am not at all comfortable to give my id online i came to bitcoin gambling world because i dont have to disclose my identity and can play all games, but their are some sites which are asking details but i wont use them. But some sites which are very secure can be given the details but they are not asking id proofs to submit online.

Me too i am not comfortoble for it but when it comes to the verification and when it is necessary to verify your identity to some company i am willing to put my ID but of course only to a trusted company or services because here in my country the services that i have used is also working with some banks and other popular company .
Darwin02

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:55:33 PM

Actually im not comfortable to show my identity to others or online .becouse of crime created by the identity theft so I need to keep my identity safe . But in case its needed I'm willing to show it .

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:08:34 PM

Actually im not comfortable to show my identity to others or online .becouse of crime created by the identity theft so I need to keep my identity safe . But in case its needed I'm willing to show it .

Yeah for sometimes it is not good to show your identity because of identity theft i dont want to be a victim of it and maybe they will blackmail you and will try to fool you and will let you to do something . But if it is necessary for some verification why not ? .
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 06:15:45 PM

Its not a good plan to give your identity online because it can use buy scamming or they can use your real identity to hack your bank account..
thats why we use bitcoin because we are anonymous..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███