Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:41:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: YuTübopołis: Quickening The Çastle (Y:QTÇ) ~ Çrypto-based reality show çoncept.  (Read 1542 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:00:25 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2016, 12:45:30 AM by Gleb Gamow

YuTübopołis: Quickening The Çastle

While meeting resistance from myriad ilks, a motley crew race against time to revitalize the crumbling Gothic-esque edifice of a former prison and its environs.

The clock is ticking! YouTubers team up with a cryptocurrency startup in their envisaged quest to revitalize a once God-forsaken prison – The Çastle – into a vibrant 146-acre complex embodying the headquarters of YuTübopołis, [The South] YouTube Space, YouTube Hall of Fame with its acclaimed chef-owned panoramic restaurant overlooking the Cumberland River, outdoor organic and vertical grow farms, and Tennessee State Prison Museum. This hybrid docusoap subsumes rare footage spanning over a hundred years, interviews of erstwhile TSP denizens and retired guards-cum-screws and of equally eccentric Libertarians and [alternative-lifestyle] vloggers (including performances), segments of where-are-they-now YouTubers, surprise cameos, clever lawmakers and lawyers, and [ideally] voice-overs provided by the once homeless Ted “Golden Voice” Williams. Each episode, depicting a recurrent countdown clock and to-date itemized expenditures, builds on the former as we follow ameliorations of the co-op’s awardment from the state of Tennessee laden with a strict completion clause of less than three years to accomplish said feat or lose their lease [or purchase] option – and the millions already invested – all the while facing blowback from city, state and federal regulators, historical societies, the surrounding neighborhood, churches, and even from the team’s respective communities prior to the yearn for summer 2019 grand opening coinciding with a sponsored multi-day VidCon-esque jamboree chock-a-blocking downtown Nashville, climaxed by YouTube stars performing live as part of the highly anticipated season three’s two-part finale, revealing in real-time towards its end the formal announcement, presented by the Governor of Tennessee, of whether or not policy-makers granted permanent occupancy, sealing the fate of YuTübopołis.

<Inspired by, and an extension of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1489378.0>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 08:00:56 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2016, 10:28:45 PM by Gleb Gamow

Reserved for synopses of sample episodes.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 12:32:24 PM

Do you know when the first episode will be released? Looks pretty interesting and I'd definitely check it out, but it seems like an ambitious project, so would be helpful to know what stage you are in...

Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:46:48 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2016, 01:33:39 AM by Gleb Gamow

Do you know when the first episode will be released? Looks pretty interesting and I'd definitely check it out, but it seems like an ambitious project, so would be helpful to know what stage you are in...

Ideally, the first episodes would need to be released in 2017 so to enjoy a three-season run. In re. as to what stage it's in, to date the reality show concept went from the idea in my head to the OP of this thread to you penning its first reply sans my reserve post. But, my project where it got its roots - http://yutu.co.in/ - is much further along, a project that will definitely come to fruition even if the reality show aspect doesn't gain traction.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:07:09 PM

Gleb you smashed it.

That idea (or something very like it) has the potential to break this arena open to those that can breathe with all orifices except their noses. You just need the right production team,  hope you pull it off, in a big way.

Please please please contact Bitcoin eccentrics and preeners to get them onscreen, I am considering developing plans...... Cheesy

Vires in numeris
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:22:58 PM

Gleb you smashed it.

That idea (or something very like it) has the potential to break this arena open to those that can breathe with all orifices except their noses. You just need the right production team,  hope you pull it off, in a big way.

Please please please contact Bitcoin eccentrics and preeners to get them onscreen, I am considering developing plans...... Cheesy

Assumin' you no satirically speaketh, thank you, Carlton.

After hours of scourin' the Internet, I finally found an eccentric that'll fit the bill:

Seriously, all non-nefarious crypto enthusiasts worth their salt would have a shot of bein' on Y:QTÇ provided, of course, they bring somethin' interestin' to the table (literally preferred, 'specially 'round noonish).

Feel free to submit whatever you deem fit in advancin' the concept to fruition, with same true for any others, hopefully one with film experience so to aid in creatin' a sizzlin' teaser so to betterer haz a shot of bein' picked up by a TV network.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:20:26 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2016, 08:33:11 PM by Gleb Gamow

It's a foregone given that Y:QTÇ would bode well for YouTube stars and the cryptocurrency space (including directly and indirectly for Bitcoin), as well as for Nashville and the state of Tennessee if such a reality show were produced, with the added benefit of seeing the former Tennessee State Prison revitalized into a vibrant space in near-real-time via some TV network.

PDF: http://www.sitemason.com/files/koOZ6E/Tennessee%20State%20Penitentiary%20PR.pdf

Known in Hollywood and pop culture as one of the most famous prisons in history, Tennessee State Penitentiary is revealed in the newest addition to Arcadia Publishing’s popular Images of America series. Boasting more than 200 arresting vintage images, Tennessee State Penitentiary is the collaborative work of previous Arcadia author Yoshie Lewis and historian Brian Allison.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:59:25 AM

To get a sense of what numbers need to be realized in determining the success of any TV show, consider the following: http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html

The counts of the top 17 YouTubers according to subscribers surpass that of the number of viewers of the top-rated show above - TBBT - during some undisclosed week: http://socialblade.com/youtube/top/100/mostsubscribed

Can you imagine what the view count would be for one episode if PewDiePie and just one other of any of the twenty YouTube brands depicted above were to upload a video [or two] each about a week prior to the airing of a Y:QTÇ episode they'd both be appearing in as a teaser for their respective subscription base? Such would be augmented by the standard promotions of said upcoming episode. And, further imagine what that may do for the trading of Lÿnspinz' yAłtçoins, e.g., PDP (PewDiePie), on YTÇ-SốX during the [projected] week of the airy. Visit http://yutu.co.in/faq/glossexicoin/ if unclear about our [branded] neologisms.

While some folks are presenting their million-dollar idea, I'm pursuing a scalable one with a billion-dollar-plus market cap projected for the first five years alone. Who wants on board? All positions currently available including CEOs (plural; I'm just it's creator-cum-founder playing a limited role, with financials controlled by others prior to Beta launch and beyond).
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:01:19 PM

Possible concept tweak: Singularity Castle Grin

Have actual Musk/Tony Stark wannabes with real(ly) dangerous experiments and stunts Cheesy

(any suitable area for that on the grounds? Smiley )

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:04:58 PM

I am deadly serious on the former post, you could turn it into the most ridiculous circus man has yet beheld (be responsible and everything Tongue)

Vires in numeris
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 05:59:34 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 12:00:21 AM by Gleb Gamow

Possible concept tweak: Singularity Castle Grin

Have actual Musk/Tony Stark wannabes with real(ly) dangerous experiments and stunts Cheesy

(any suitable area for that on the grounds? Smiley )

I am deadly serious on the former post, you could turn it into the most ridiculous circus man has yet beheld (be responsible and everything Tongue)

Personally, I love your concept tweak, albeit there'll be no way to do anything dangerous on the state-own property given liability concerns. Too bad, though, for imagine a team of macho dudes demonstrating their prowess via zip-lining butt-ass naked face down and dripping blood while skimming atop the Cumberland River freshly stocked with piranhas so to impress women in a prison on its other side.  Kiss Kiss Kiss

<Talk the next day at a water cooler>: Awesome Y:QTÇ episode last night, eh? Rex, the most endowed, would've made if he hadn't paused to take a selfie.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:27:20 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 10:08:09 PM by Gleb Gamow

The following was discover thanks to Stream Africa 2014 // Llew Claasen: 1784, When Crowdfunding Began:

That made it the fourth-most-viewed project page in Kickstarter’s history. The top ten:

Ouya game console
Pebble watch
Veronica Mars movie
Potato Salad
Double Fine Adventure
Project Eternity
Penny Arcade
Reading Rainbow
Mighty No. 9
Oculus Rift

I'm curious as to what a Kickstarter campaign (or the like) for Y:QTÇ would generate. Hmmm!
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:25:29 PM

I think that part of the success of those campaigns was validity that they could achieve what they set out to do. So, the ability to make potato salad is a pretty low threshold to accomplish and so on. I think if you can show that you can achieve success and make it a reality (pun not really intended) then people would like contribute to it. So, if I ran a campaign tell people that I'm going to build a rocket in my barn to get into orbit, I might not get much funding. However, if I show that I've got a team of people working on it, tell them that I worked for NASA, and show a test, the likelihood that I'd get funding would go up.  I'd probably leave out the barn though  Cool
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 12:19:48 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2016, 12:35:09 AM by Gleb Gamow

I think that part of the success of those campaigns was validity that they could achieve what they set out to do. So, the ability to make potato salad is a pretty low threshold to accomplish and so on. I think if you can show that you can achieve success and make it a reality (pun not really intended) then people would like contribute to it. So, if I ran a campaign tell people that I'm going to build a rocket in my barn to get into orbit, I might not get much funding. However, if I show that I've got a team of people working on it, tell them that I worked for NASA, and show a test, the likelihood that I'd get funding would go up.  I'd probably leave out the barn though  Cool

You mean something like this? (and thanks for your kind insight, cloverme)

Introducing my 1952 Oldsmobile 88 Super Rocket, a true barn find. The purpose of this Kickstarter campaign is to raise funds to fully restore this beauty, then take it her Darla (personified so to elicit emotions) on the road to orbit the US, visiting towns of those who've contributed to the cause so they could literally get behind the wheel and take her for a spin around the block, across town, or for an extended drive depending on what level was contributed. Branding rights awarded to only one entity for U$10K.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:01:22 PM

Make sure you visit YuTü.Ço.in's such-such wow lucrative signature campaign so not to perhaps miss out, again, on making bank: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1521348.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: