Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:31:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Campbx problem transferring bitcoin  (Read 1899 times)
dallsbeep (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:28:09 PM

I generated a wallet to send bitcoin back to campbx and then sent to that address about 24 hours ago and still dont have it on my campbx account. I looked on their FAQ and it said it usually takes about an hour to get there. I am a little worried at this point.

This is the first time going in this direction with bitcoin transfers. Is this normal and im being impatient or should I be worried? Its not showing up in my pending transactions on my account page.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dallsbeep (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 08:18:14 PM

bumping.
dallsbeep (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 04:37:37 AM

No One has had this issue? No one at all?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 04:46:51 AM

I generated a wallet to send bitcoin back to campbx and then sent to that address about 24 hours ago and still dont have it on my campbx account.

Has the payment received six confirmations on the blockchain?

Unfortunately it does not appear that there is a way to see previously generated Bitcoin addresses for receiving deposits.  Some people might save screen shots or paper printouts to have the ability to know without question what Bitcoin address Camp BX provided for deposits.

Have you created a ticket using their support service?

- https://campbx.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

dallsbeep (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 04:51:23 PM

Is there a way to check for 6 confirmations? Im not sure how to do that. Its been about 48 hours and so far, i still dont have my bitcoin. I submitted a ticket yesterday and they say it should take about 48 hours and dont work on weekends so ill wait it out but im a little worried. Every time ive transferred to them, its always taken about 4 hours, but the second i try and transfer back its gone much longer. I just dont want to be out 600$

dallsbeep (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 02:35:42 AM

Is the bitcoin forking the reason why im not seeing any money in my account? Its been 2 days already and im confused

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 02:49:14 AM

The original post lacked info for "regular users".  Here it is:

(1) If you are a "regular user" (not a miner), the best thing is to do nothing and wait a couple hours.  Upgrading, downgrading, whining, FUD, etc, will make no difference.
(2) If you are a "regular user", you don't need to upgrade downgrade or anything.  Just chill out
(3) Regardless of who you are, your transactions are not dead, your coins are not lost.  They will just temporarily be held up.  If you sent a transaction within the last few hours, it may take a few more hours before it's sorted out.
(4) If you insist on processing transactions right now it's probably best to wait 20+ confirmations.  It's just due diligence though ... an attacker would still need a tremendous amount of mining power, quick thinking, and a victim willing to part with a lot of BTC.
(5) By tomorrow this will be in the past and everything will appear to be normal again.  If you slept through this, you'd never know that anything happend (except for the price drop).

Let me reiterate, your coins are not at risk, your transactions are not lost.  It'll just take some time for the network to "iron itself out."  Everything will be okay.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:14:14 AM

Is there a way to check for 6 confirmations? Im not sure how to do that.

Using Blockchain.info you can paste the Bitcoin address you sent the funds to.  It should show your transaction.  If that transaction has six confirmations, then Camp BX should be crediting your exchange account for that deposit.

- http://www.Blockchain.info

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

dallsbeep (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:30:57 AM

campbx apparently doesnt hold onto randomly generated wallets? I dont have the one they generated for the exchange. Sad
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 10:19:52 AM

campbx apparently doesnt hold onto randomly generated wallets? I dont have the one they generated for the exchange. Sad

You sent bitcoins to an address that Camp BX gave you but now you don't know what that address is?

What tool or site did you use to send the payment (or request a withdrawal) from?  Usually there you can see a record of your withdrawal to know what Bitcoin address those coins were sent to.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

dallsbeep (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 05:06:43 PM

I sent the funds to campbx from the silkroad

When i check campbx for my special address, it was no longer showing but campbx is still down so im waiting to see if its fixed once they are up again.
dallsbeep (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 01:53:35 AM

My campbx wallet is no longer there!

I am not able to check the blockchain!

Is this a scam or do you think they will get their ____ together? I am afraid that i am going to be out 600$

HAs anyone else dealt with this or do they have any advice?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:30:12 AM

HAs anyone else dealt with this or do they have any advice?

Firstly, I would advise never associating coins from a service where it is commonly known that illegal trade occurs with an exchange that uses the banking system.   That's pretty much just asking for trouble.

I have no idea if that's why you are unable to access your "wallet" but that's just a suggestion.

campbx wallet is no longer there!

Are you saying that you now cannot log into your exchange account at Camp BX?

They are a hosted (shared) EWallet provider, so you as a customer don't have a wallet there.   You only are given a Bitcoin address in Camp BX's wallet.  When you send a payment to that address, Camp BX will increase your exchange account balance when that payment confirms.

If that is not happening, try to determine from them what the problem is.  If you don't even know what Bitcoin address you might ask them to let you know what deposit address(es) are for your account.

This is the problem with using hosted (shared) Ewallets.  You don't have control over your own coins.    You have to beg their support department for information to figure out what happened.

Incidentally,you might want to look into the new "shared" address method for receiving bitcoins to a wallet at Blockchain.info/wallet -- which you can accessed via Tor even.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

dallsbeep (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 05:19:38 PM

I can log into my campbx account, but it still shows the same balance as before my initial deposit of bitcoins. It has a history of specific wallet to my account links, or should I say had as it is now blank.

So essentially, I have to wait for campbx to get to me to make it right? What is the next step if i do not hear back from them? So far, I havent. Go to the BBB?

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:52:43 PM

It has a history of specific wallet to my account links, or should I say had as it is now blank.

Are you saying you have previous made deposit and/or withdrawal but now your account history doesn't show any of them?

[p.s., Please try to describe your situation without using the term "wallet".   I've no idea what you mean by it.   A Bitcoin address is a Bitcoin address, not a "wallet".  A Camp BX exchange account is an exchange account, not a "wallet".]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

samoliver

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 04:21:10 AM

I sent 17 bitcoins to my campbx address over 48 hours ago and never received them. I already submitted a ticket with them. Was your problem ever resolved, dallsbeep?

As you can imagine, I'm pretty pissed off!
coindexter

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:02:36 PM

Same problem here.Sent coins to a newly generated address and have not shown up in my account.After three days waiting I finaly got a brief reply to my ticket asking if it was a new address (didn't fully read my ticket where I stated it was a new adress).Still nothing.
coindexter

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:27:59 AM

bump
DealMaker

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:47:12 PM

ALL the contact info for the person behind the entire operation is here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281042.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: