Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-03-10 ZeroHedge: The Demographics of Bitcoin  (Read 3124 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:59:55 AM

4% female users are really very little. If Bitcoin system would became more “user friendly” than woman will start to use it more and more.

Regards, Inge (4%)

Why? Aren't women as smart as men? Huh
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inge

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:30:44 AM

4% female users are really very little. If Bitcoin system would became more “user friendly” than woman will start to use it more and more.

Regards, Inge (4%)

It is not a problem of been smart, just the fact that not much woman are into the computer world. It could be a cultural matter…Bitcoin, at the moment, is used mainly by people that are particularly knowledge in computers, programming, etc.  Internet faced the same problem in the beginning of its existence. Nowadays almost everybody is using internet because accessibility is not an issue anymore.

Regards, Inge
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:06:17 PM

Regards, Inge (4%)

It is not a problem of been smart, just the fact that not much woman are into the computer world. It could be a cultural matter…Bitcoin, at the moment, is used mainly by people that are particularly knowledge in computers, programming, etc.  Internet faced the same problem in the beginning of its existence. Nowadays almost everybody is using internet because accessibility is not an issue anymore.

Regards, Inge

While I understand what you say, for some reason I can't stop thinking you're underestimating women.
People say the same thing about Linux, that it's not user friendly, only used by male programmer geeks, etc., but all the women in my house(3) use Linux daily, and I've only explained them the very very basic stuff, and they seem to have no problems at all.
In fact, when they used windows I had to "fix" their laptops almost every 2 days. Now they all use Ubuntu.
Been more than 2 years since the last time I did a full OS reinstall on one of their computers...

BTW, 2 of those women are children aged 5 and 7 Wink
inge

Activity: 298

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:25:33 PM

BTW, 2 of those women are children aged 5 and 7 Wink
[/quote]

LOL in a couple of years you will be in trouble….your passwords will not be safe anymore…and you will not even notice it…:+)

Regards, Inge

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:43:25 PM

i fit the demographics very well. i as a bit shocked especially since i am exactly 32.7 years old.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:44:28 PM

i fit the demographics very well. i as a bit shocked especially since i am exactly 32.7 years old.

Heh, someone has to be  Cheesy

Maybe we should start calling you Mr. Bitcoin.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 01:07:41 PM

Only 4% of BTC users are female?  Crazy!

Does that really surprise you?

It brings up many questions, to say the least Grin
It opens many opportunities, to say the least. If you are at a university, contact local "women in science and engineering" groups (or "women in MBA" or women in whatever), and point out the results of the survey. Would they organise or sponsor a lecture or panel discussion involving someone from the Foundation and local professors of economics, computer sciences, etc.?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 04:08:06 PM

Regards, Inge (4%)

It's more likely how men on the internet react to women. 

A few months back, I must of said something that led a large group of people on this forum to believe I was a woman (I'm still not sure what).  I know this because I woke up one morning to a flood of PMs asking to date me and asking for tit pics.  Some of them very obviously spent that entire night reading every post I'd made on the forum up until that point.  It was super creepy, and I'm not even a woman!

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 05:14:29 PM

LOL From my experience a lot of the really smart women keep their identities or gender hidden from men on the internet, I know because some of them have spoken to me before Cheesy To be honest, unless they've got more balls than men the women who show themselves on the internet are usually attention whores or just don't know much about the internet.
mccorvic

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 05:34:25 PM

To be honest, unless they've got more balls than men the women who show themselves on the internet are usually attention whores or just don't know much about the internet.

I think this attitude is part of the problem.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:08:07 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2013, 06:42:03 PM by Spaceman_Spiff

Regards, Inge (4%)

A few months back, I must of said something that led a large group of people on this forum to believe I was a woman (I'm still not sure what).  I know this because I woke up one morning to a flood of PMs asking to date me and asking for tit pics.  Some of them very obviously spent that entire night reading every post I'd made on the forum up until that point.  It was super creepy, and I'm not even a woman!

Wow, that must have been a weird experience.  I don't know whether I should laugh or feel sad for humanity.

By the way, I think in the case of bitcoin, it is probably just so that the majority of women aren't very attracted to very abstract or heavy technical stuff, without that saying anything about general intelligence.  If you go look at any engineering or science department (except for biology), you ll see an overrepresentation of men.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:14:40 PM

Regards, Inge (4%)

A few months back, I must of said something that led a large group of people on this forum to believe I was a woman (I'm still not sure what).  I know this because I woke up one morning to a flood of PMs asking to date me and asking for tit pics.  Some of them very obviously spent that entire night reading every post I'd made on the forum up until that point.  It was super creepy, and I'm not even a woman!

lol!
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:36:01 PM

Bitcoin is a free world, everyone can join, contribute, make profit etc, no matter the sex, we don't even know who satoshi is! And, despite that, only 4% are women?

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:37:13 PM

LOL From my experience a lot of the really smart women keep their identities or gender hidden from men on the internet, I know because some of them have spoken to me before Cheesy To be honest, unless they've got more balls than men the women who show themselves on the internet are usually attention whores or just don't know much about the internet.

Never thought of this. Maybe there's women on the internet after all.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:45:35 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2013, 07:17:07 PM by Spaceman_Spiff

A few months back, I must of said something that led a large group of people on this forum to believe I was a woman (I'm still not sure what).  I know this because I woke up one morning to a flood of PMs asking to date me and asking for tit pics.  Some of them very obviously spent that entire night reading every post I'd made on the forum up until that point.  It was super creepy, and I'm not even a woman!

Are you all going to ignore the elephant in the room?  
Fine, I guess it is up to me to ask the question on everyone's mind then:  Did you end up sending them pictures of your chest?   Grin
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:07:37 PM

I think this attitude is part of the problem.

You are a master of understatement.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:21:22 PM

Fine, I guess it is up to me to ask the question on everyone's mind then:  Did you end up sending them pictures of your chest?   Grin

The real question is, since this is the bitcoin forum, why didn't you send them pictures of some titties and request a little courtesy and maybe prospect of more?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:33:38 PM

4% female users?  hmmm, if our Bitcoins don't attract them, maybe our nipples will.... I mean Ripples. They are definitely more user-friendly.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:34:01 PM

The real question is, since this is the bitcoin forum, why didn't you send them pictures of some titties and request a little courtesy and maybe prospect of more?

Exactly. Use the Bitcoin "no chargebacks" feature the way it's meant to be used.
mccorvic

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 08:27:11 PM

Lol, I don't like to encourage the problem.  The REAL real question is why anyone needs to ask a complete stranger, female or not, for nudie pics? It's not like there is some sort of shortage of them on the net.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: