Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:23:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with sending BTC to myself  (Read 597 times)
Conzorz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:10:27 PM

Hey guys,
So I recently installed the bitcoin-wallet, while waiting for the blockchain to finish synchronizing I foolishly sent myself BTC. I simply copy and pasted the address in my receive coins tab and sent a sizable amount of BTC to there. I read online that after synchronization the coins will appear, however the synchronization is finished and they have still yet to arrive.. I also viewed the tracking information for my receiving key and it says that no transactions are connected with my key. Do you guys have any idea of what may have happened? Is there any way that I would be able to recover my BTC?
Thanks!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:18:26 PM

I remember the same thing happening to me. But when i restarted the client it started synchronizing again with several thousands blocks left to complete. And it did that about 3-4 times. In the end my transaction showed up. So try restarting the client, maybe it will help.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:22:21 PM

Hey guys,
So I recently installed the bitcoin-wallet, while waiting for the blockchain to finish synchronizing I foolishly sent myself BTC. I simply copy and pasted the address in my receive coins tab and sent a sizable amount of BTC to there. I read online that after synchronization the coins will appear, however the synchronization is finished and they have still yet to arrive.. I also viewed the tracking information for my receiving key and it says that no transactions are connected with my key. Do you guys have any idea of what may have happened? Is there any way that I would be able to recover my BTC?
Thanks!

Did you add a fee to the transaction?
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:23:03 PM

While your waiting for your client to sync you can check the status of your transactions here http://blockchain.info/. Just paste the address into the search box.

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:29:30 PM

How could you send Bitcoins, if you had none? My client says "No! You can't".

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Conzorz (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:50:25 PM

I believe my client is fully synched and I have restarted it several times. I sent my coins from an independent site where I had a wallet, I checked the status on blockchain.info yet it says there has been no sorts of transactions on that address.. My client is encrypted and I used the RPC command to unlock it however I have still yet to receive the coins
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 10:34:41 PM

You will need to contact support at the site the coins were supposed to be sent from.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:48:36 AM

I sent my coins from an independent site where I had a wallet, I checked the status on blockchain.info yet it says there has been no sorts of transactions on that address.

When using a hosted (shared) EWallet provider, your withdrawal is simply a request for the operator of that wallet to send the funds from their wallet.  If you aren't seeing it in the blockchain, the operator didn't send it.

If this was InstaWallet, they just had wallet/bitcoind issues recently hat should be resolved but if not check their thread for the latest as you may need to contact the operator directly.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █