Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Restoring Armory Wallet with other client  (Read 669 times)
DLS123 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 01:46:11 PM

I have been having some issues with bit-qt corrupting and having to rebuild the blockchain, and in the interim my armory funds are locked up and can't be accessed.  I have the back up, but the "seed" armory uses seems to be unique to Armory.  I have the private keys/addresses but trying to use Electrum and sweep them doesn't work, nor does the import feature in blockchain.info (granted I could be doing it incorrectly as I have never had to do this).

What is the best way to get funds out of an armory wallet, with an alternate client? 
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6653

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 02:56:19 PM

Armory's deterministic wallet is not a standard on that is used so it is imcompatible with other wallets. The best way to get funds from Armory to another wallet is to sweep or import each private key individually. To get the private keys, choose "Backup this wallet" then "Export Key lists". In the next window, uncheck everything except for "Private Key (Plain Base58)" and check the box at the bottom for "Omit spaces in key data". Then copy all of the keys (just the string starting with "5" after "PrivBase58:") and import or sweep them to another wallet.

DLS123 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:07:46 PM

ahhh. I think the "omit spaces" is why it wasn't working.  Thank you.  Maybe an ignorant question, but I have what seems like well over 100 keys. Is there a quicker way to get these into electrum?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6653

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 03:16:35 PM

ahhh. I think the "omit spaces" is why it wasn't working.  Thank you.  Maybe an ignorant question, but I have what seems like well over 100 keys. Is there a quicker way to get these into electrum?
You should be able to copy the entire block of keys. Then just remove all of the "PrivBase58:" using a find and replace. You should just have the private keys left and then you can copy and paste that whole thing into the Electrum sweep box since that can take multiple keys, one on each line.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: