Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:34:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Berlin Bitcoin Conference 2014  (Read 6026 times)
joecooin (OP)

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 10:17:12 PM

'lo community!

We have discussed if we should announce this at this early stage and decided it is about the right time to do so at least here, sort of internally at the forum, so other groups who may be planning similar events around the same time can coordinate their activities. Also word got out at this week's Berliner Bitcoin meetup and we are getting more and more questions. So we thought we let you know.

We* are planning (better: are in the making of) the Berlin Bitcoin Conference 2014.

To take place end of april / early may 2014.

Bitcoin is attracting a fascinating range of different people with different goals and objectives. There's the Silicon-Valley kind of 'let's get rich'-people on one hand and the 'let's change the world for the better'- revolutionary type of guys on the other. And everything imaginable inbetween.

Our event aims at creating a fusion of these worlds and furthermore to reach out beyond the existing community and invite individuals and businesses to learn and get started using the technology (well just in case by 2014 not everybody has adopted it yet). So instead of being a pure community-event as Bitcoin conferences have been so far, we want the community to gather and to invite and  welcome the rest of the world (which neither works at a 250-bucks-business show nor on an anarchist-society focused revolution-event).

Berlin has one of the most active Bitcoin communities in the world and the highest number of brick-and-mortar businesses accepting Bitcoin. It is in the center of Europe and a great place to visit, especially in springtime.

As I said, this is to let the community know in advance what's in the making here. We are far enough in regards to concept, contents and financing to do so. Any more details cannot be given at this early stage but we will keep you updated on the developments.

To blockchain eternity!

Joe

*We, the organisers, are the members of the Crypto Economics Consulting Group (CECG) consisting of but not limited to the forum-users Ente, Goonie, Sodoku, Yossarian and myself. We are all long-time members of the community, have all contributed a lot of lifetime and resources to the Bitcoin economy in the last years, created tons of positive media coverage for our favourite money and are nowadays consulting businesses and individuals (besides each other Wink) in regards to their Bitcoin strategies as well as running our own projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 10:57:45 PM

Congratulations & full support from your southern neighbors!

I am confident that the Bitcoin conference is in very capable hands with you!

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:00:20 PM

This might be the first bitcoin conference that I will be able to attend. Any speakers confirmed?

Signature space available for rent.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 01:11:22 AM

This might be the first bitcoin conference that I will be able to attend. Any speakers confirmed?

Cheers! Would love to pop by and create some footage for my new series Bitcoin -The Series- Wink
Best of luck!

Johannes

P.S.: @ all: Try those super tasty burgers at room77, no kidding, DO IT!
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:46:36 AM

We* are planning (better: are in the making of) the Berlin Bitcoin Conference 2014.

To blockchain eternity!

That's indeed kinda neat.
Let me know if I can be of any help, would love to do my (ever so little) part to make this work.

To blockchain eternity!

And beyond! *clink*
Maciek

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:50:14 AM

Is the Conference going to be in german or in english?
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:57:27 AM

very nice initiative. really looking forward how this evolves. if you need any help, let us know!
cruxfilm

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 05:01:58 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2013, 06:08:45 PM by cruxfilm

Ah, finally I can post here as well.

Awesome—I'd love to attend the conference and if you guys need any help setting it all up I'd be happy to contribute.
I'm a filmmaker (the guy with the mohawk in the top most video Tongue), vfx artist and motion graphics designer and I also do print designs so if you need help either with organizing things or with info media of any kind, let me know.

Natürlich können wir das ganze auch auf Deutsch machen. Smiley
joecooin (OP)

Activity: 359

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 05:39:09 PM

A few brief answers:

Yes, we do have some (important) speakers confirmed already but I really think it is too early to start publishing details at this stage.

As I said, this announcement is to let the community know that this is going on and the time is right because we are planning an event of a size that needs a long time preparing and organising.

Of course, the conference will mostly be in English as it is an international event. There will be parts / sections in German though too, as we want to incorporate a kind of "consumer show" for Berliner / German individuals and businesses who are interested and want to learn everything from "how does this work / what does this mean" to "how can I start using it today?". That includes what we call 'enabling workshops'. This part was so far covered on the conferences by at most one half-hearted talk like 'Bitcoin for newbies' which nobody attended as no newbies have ever attended a Bitcoin conference. As all newbies visiting the Berliner conference will most likely be Germans we will address that target group adequately and that means in German. We have had quite some success so far in creating attention and sparking interest outside the community and are therefor confident that this trend will at least go on if not accelerate over the next year.

Thanks to all who have so far expressed their support and offered their help here or by mail, this is highly appreciated and needed.

Joe

blockgenesis

Activity: 285

Bitcoin.org maintainer

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:04:22 AM

Hey!

When you have something concrete, you can ask for visibility on http://bitcoin.org/en/events

(Will also be visible in the German version of the website)

You can find instructions to ask to submit your conference on bitcoin.org website in the "About bitcoin.org" page (at the bottom).

Thanks for the time you are taking to create such important events!

Donation: 18XXXQs1vAQGBAZbXKA322r9Zy1nZac2H4
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 06:10:13 PM

If you guys need any kind of help just lemme know.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:43:20 AM

after yesterday's BXB experience, I say please include one hour of "trading" each day, or at least for the n00b seminars.
much fun was had, and it really get's peoples juices flowing... never sold so many 20s worth of bitcoin before.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:37:12 PM

Cant wait for the next one.
I even met some Poles that came especially for that event.
jantenner81

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2013, 08:27:30 PM

great idea,

if you need any help pls let me know. Can help on graphic stuff and much more...

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: