Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:41:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multibit classis wallet password recovery - Help (reward 0.1 BC)  (Read 733 times)
bigsaj (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:42:12 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2016, 05:01:02 PM by bigsaj

Hi

I can't send bitcoins as it asks for a password  Roll Eyes

I had backup of the actual files .wallet and .key from 2013.

Ive loaded the .wallet using the backup files and can see the bitcoins but I can not send as this is when the password is requested.

Can not get the password with all the combinations ive tried this method using the .key file from 2013:
https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md#running-btcrecover

Ive got many .wallet backups but it seems ive been backing up the wrong files, should have exported the keys.

Is the problem that I'm using the .wallet from the 2016 saved wallet with the older files?

Anyway please help.

Thanks
BigSaj
bigsaj (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 08:53:55 PM

Hi

Ive loaded the .wallet using the backup files and can see the bitcoins but I can not send as this is when the password is requested.

Can not get the password with all the combinations ive tried this method using the .key file from 2013:

Ive got many .wallet backups but it seems ive been backing up the wrong files, should have exported the keys.

Is the problem that I'm using the .wallet from the 2016 saved wallet with the older files?

Anyway please help.

Thanks
BigSaj

I'm trying this:
btcrecover.py --no-dupchecks --performance --wallet wallet.key

Lets see.
bigsaj (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:38:53 AM

Hi

Anyway please help.

Thanks
BigSaj

OK Got there, took me about 48Hrs

I had to use the tokens.txt method with a list of known passwords with a combination of stating passwords with a list of what I normally end the passwords with.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

btcrecover.py  --tokenlist  passwordList.txt --wallet wallet.key

passwordList.txt had something like:
^password1
^password2 ^Password2 ^PaSSword2
gmsklt466
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: