Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:04:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Coin to Mine now ethereum has gone?  (Read 763 times)
greenuser (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:14:52 AM

Ok so i am one of the lucky ones.  I moved all my eth to btc last weekend so i have not been caught up in this crash....  As a miner, I had been active on https://forum.ethereum.org  but got spooked and pulled the plug.   The whole forum was in a state of "group think" (those psychology classes at college sure paid off for me).
Well i did end up with 119 finney (0.119 eth) exposure but i'm gona call that a loss.  My gut told me it was a ponzi at the get-go but that's cool, i love a good ponzi!  Good pickings for those that quit early.  Not so good for those that reinvest their winnings. If you are going to have winners, you're gonna need losers, lots of them, that's life!  Well someone has to stump up the capital for the winners.  Anyway, ethereum mining will soon be history.

I am now looking for a new coin to GPU mine.  Monero is up on the traiding platforms, but acording to https://www.whattomine.com/
Feathercoin looks the best to mine right now. With ethereum in 2nd place.

What to mine next?  ideas?

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:21:06 AM

what happened to ETH?
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 08:24:48 AM

i will probably go back to mining bitcoin again.
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 08:27:07 AM

miners! they don't care about goals, decentralization, changing the world. Could mine satancoin if it paid well.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
greenuser (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:44:47 AM

miners! they don't care about goals, decentralization, changing the world. Could mine satancoin if it paid well.

I'm old and probably will not be around to see "the new world"

@ImHash, it's all over the front pages, where have you been?

@killerjoegreece i mine btc too, but my GPUs need work!

TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:48:59 AM

Ok so i am one of the lucky ones.  I moved all my eth to btc last weekend so i have not been caught up in this crash....  As a miner, I had been active on https://forum.ethereum.org  but got spooked and pulled the plug.   The whole forum was in a state of "group think" (those psychology classes at college sure paid off for me).
Well i did end up with 119 finney (0.119 eth) exposure but i'm gona call that a loss.  My gut told me it was a ponzi at the get-go but that's cool, i love a good ponzi!  Good pickings for those that quit early.  Not so good for those that reinvest their winnings. If you are going to have winners, you're gonna need losers, lots of them, that's life!  Well someone has to stump up the capital for the winners.  Anyway, ethereum mining will soon be history.

I am now looking for a new coin to GPU mine.  Monero is up on the traiding platforms, but acording to https://www.whattomine.com/
Feathercoin looks the best to mine right now. With ethereum in 2nd place.

What to mine next?  ideas?

If you are considering mining Monero ask yourself one question:

Will competition from other miners be greater now or after the official GUI and RingCT is released?

sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:05:03 AM

The difficulty of mining Ethereum has dropped. So it is still profitable to mine it. Do you know any more profitable coins to mine>

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 09:07:15 AM

All the more reason to point your power to a noble cause to make this part of your life meaningful.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
Ethertrader1

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:20:56 AM

maybe its time for me to get a new screenname.

But I think its overvalued. If it drops to $5 I would buy back in.
Azarl

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:34:23 AM

Feathercoin is what I have my hands on as well. I trust in it Smiley
greenuser (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:47:49 AM

All the more reason to point your power to a noble cause to make this part of your life meaningful.

I am still looking for that noble cause in the world of crypto.
And my life has already been meaningful, well so far, so good.

@Azarl hmmmm.... Feathercoin. Are you mining it?  PM me if it's a secret!

sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:26:53 PM

I am still looking for that noble cause in the world of crypto.
And my life has already been meaningful, well so far, so good.

@Azarl hmmmm.... Feathercoin. Are you mining it?  PM me if it's a secret!

Feathercoin is not as profitable as the Ethereum at the moment. For high electricity price miner, you will make a loss.

B2

BitDouble.io

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: