Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 02:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DAO Fail!! Sell or hodl?  (Read 3322 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 04:32:37 PM

The Ethereum price is surprising high at the moment. I think there is a chance that these 3.6 million eth will not be dumped to the market.

Yes, it is surprisingly high. Denial? Or is the ETH community an odd bunch (relative to us) who see a hardfork as a strength?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:33:33 PM

Man, imagine being in the Ethereum inner circle. They call the shots and some of them probably trade on that information everytime. Don't you think?

twitter.com/erikledgers
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:36:07 PM

The Ethereum price is surprising high at the moment. I think there is a chance that these 3.6 million eth will not be dumped to the market.

Yes, it is surprisingly high. Denial? Or is the ETH community an odd bunch (relative to us) who see a hardfork as a strength?

I don't think people have a major problem with it considering it's early stages and experimental technology. People want their money back simple as that.

Also think about incentive for Ethereum and Dao holders.

twitter.com/erikledgers
addias

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:49:20 PM

I would sell because I think more of the sentiment is turning to do nothing or a soft folk. So, I am not sure if the investors will get their ETH back. Even if investors do get their ETH back; the time frame might not be worth it.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:36:23 PM

Conflicts of interests will be ETH ultimate undoing -

http://aakilfernandes.github.io/ethereum-protocol-developer-holds-114877-dollars-worth-of-dao-tokens
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 06:47:42 PM

I don't think people have a major problem with it considering it's early stages and experimental technology. People want their money back simple as that.

I figured as much myself. They might well glom onto blockchain rollback as a feature...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Tacalt

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 08:30:27 AM

I figured as much myself. They might well glom onto blockchain rollback as a feature...

There will be no blockchain rollback. Just the Ethereum will be locked in the soft fork, and returned in hard fork.
Kewatia

Activity: 299

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:57:18 PM

There will be no blockchain rollback. Just the Ethereum will be locked in the soft fork, and returned in hard fork.

But according to https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/releases, the latest 1.4.9 is not a soft fork.
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:37:12 AM

But according to https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/releases, the latest 1.4.9 is not a soft fork.

The work is going to find a soft fork solution. But there is not news about when it will be ready for the implementation.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:12:17 PM

Sell out as long as you still can find buyers. Daotoken likely to go zero.

You can easily find buyers at the moment. If there is further drain of the DAO to hackers account, it could go to zero.

The price of both Ethereum and DAO are recovering. It seems people still have confidence in it. but it could also be a dead cat bounce.
Additionally BTC prices are crashing through the floor. Time to sell those BTC bags for ETH.

It is quite difficult to judge or decide. The bitcoin price is still around $630 at the moment. The Ethereum price dropped a little.

Surprising that it's hovering if anything. A coin in crisis with a semi stable price? Someone, multiple someones, are propping it up ATM. Bitcoin has taken bigger price hits for less, I find the relative stability of eths price through all this as strange. It never took the full dive I expected.
RastoMan

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:45:46 PM

Sell out as long as you still can find buyers. Daotoken likely to go zero.

You can easily find buyers at the moment. If there is further drain of the DAO to hackers account, it could go to zero.

The price of both Ethereum and DAO are recovering. It seems people still have confidence in it. but it could also be a dead cat bounce.
Additionally BTC prices are crashing through the floor. Time to sell those BTC bags for ETH.

It is quite difficult to judge or decide. The bitcoin price is still around $630 at the moment. The Ethereum price dropped a little.

Surprising that it's hovering if anything. A coin in crisis with a semi stable price? Someone, multiple someones, are propping it up ATM. Bitcoin has taken bigger price hits for less, I find the relative stability of eths price through all this as strange. It never took the full dive I expected.

Maybe the big whales did not have time to exit in the last big dump. So they are proping up the prices.
bitcoinsideronline

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 12:52:21 PM

If you hold daos you may need to hold for years
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:44:05 PM

I have no idea what to say to do.  I am going to hold some for the novelty.  Even if this DAO is dead others will build upon this concept.

I love Bitcoin
Kewatia

Activity: 299

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:59:08 PM

I have no idea what to say to do.  I am going to hold some for the novelty.  Even if this DAO is dead others will build upon this concept.

You cannot hold DAO in a few months. I heard the DAO will be dissolved and the Ethereum will be returned.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 06:24:05 PM

https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/dao-disaster-differing-philosophies-bitcoin-ethereum
RastoMan

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:32:52 PM

From the article, I can find some bitcoin developers want the Ethereum to fail. They are afraid of the Ethereum.
Fordsmith

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:48:20 PM

already sold my DAO without profits but I have set buy order with lower price Wink
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:22:58 PM

already sold my DAO without profits but I have set buy order with lower price Wink

I did the same to the Etheruem. I sold my Etheruem at 0.02, I set a buy order at 0.018. I bought at 0.018, but the price is 0.014 now.
Tacalt

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 08:06:18 AM

I did the same to the Etheruem. I sold my Etheruem at 0.02, I set a buy order at 0.018. I bought at 0.018, but the price is 0.014 now.

If you buy at 0.014, the price is 0.016 now, you might have made some profits. But we cannot predict the market.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:02:33 AM

When you have a lot of money hanging in the balance, you will believe anything as long as you get it back. In all honesty I want to see what will happen after the hard fork if they decide to do that.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███