Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 01:39:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DAO Fail!! Sell or hodl?  (Read 3322 times)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:23:22 AM

The Ethereum price is surprising high at the moment. I think there is a chance that these 3.6 million eth will not be dumped to the market.

Yes, it is surprisingly high. Denial? Or is the ETH community an odd bunch (relative to us) who see a hardfork as a strength?

I don't think people have a major problem with it considering it's early stages and experimental technology. People want their money back simple as that.

Also think about incentive for Ethereum and Dao holders.

Yes but who will take them seriously if Ethereum is mired with a roll back in its transactions? I have heard that banks and big companies hire crypto devs as consultants. What would their opinion of Ethereum be if it went thru a hard fork? I'm guessing it's not good.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 10:35:52 AM

The Ethereum price is surprising high at the moment. I think there is a chance that these 3.6 million eth will not be dumped to the market.

Yes, it is surprisingly high. Denial? Or is the ETH community an odd bunch (relative to us) who see a hardfork as a strength?

I don't think people have a major problem with it considering it's early stages and experimental technology. People want their money back simple as that.

Yes but who will take them seriously if Ethereum is mired with a roll back in its transactions? I have heard that banks and big companies hire crypto devs as consultants. What would their opinion of Ethereum be if it went thru a hard fork? I'm guessing it's not good.

If the law enforcer can catch the thief who stole the 3.6 million Ethereum, there is no need to hard fork.
HellSpawn.

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 11:39:47 AM

I sold Everything! Angry
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:19:45 PM

I sold Everything! Angry

Exactly, and this is what we think will happen en masse as soon as everything is forked. As soon as people get their coins/value back, the majority of folks are most likely going to USD or btc. Consequently, the price is gonna tank again, but most likely without that odd 'I refuse to die' hovering price action this time.
deadpoolx

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:36:41 PM

Flawed project, there are better investments out there.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:46:41 PM

If the law enforcer can catch the thief who stole the 3.6 million Ethereum, there is no need to hard fork.

That's "if". But we know that's not happening. And in the first place the DAO should have been hack proof the very moment it was set up. It is holding a lot of money and security should be of the utmost importance. They failed in that regard and that's very sad to see.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
devondad93

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:10:42 PM

So I have invested BIG in DAO and got slapped in the face with yesterday's DAO Attack.

What is the best move to do now??

1) Sell all my DAO with 50% loss?
2) Hold on my DAO and hoping it could regain its price back in another 26 days.

Is there any chance that DAO might actually hold value again? Or was this the death sentence and getting out is the ONLY way.

Would appreciate some input asap.

PS: I noticed a lot of BUY action for DAO in Poloniex exchange and that is confusing me more and making me double think b4 selling.
maybe just hold your DAO for atm? or if you really scared DAO price would down again, you can sell atleast 50% from all your DAO
RastoMan

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:01:23 PM

So I have invested BIG in DAO and got slapped in the face with yesterday's DAO Attack.

Is there any chance that DAO might actually hold value again? Or was this the death sentence and getting out is the ONLY way.

PS: I noticed a lot of BUY action for DAO in Poloniex exchange and that is confusing me more and making me double think b4 selling.
maybe just hold your DAO for atm? or if you really scared DAO price would down again, you can sell atleast 50% from all your DAO

DAO will be recovered by the hard fork. So there is no need to worry about that. Just hold and convert back to Ethereurm.
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:54:51 AM

DAO will be recovered by the hard fork. So there is no need to worry about that. Just hold and convert back to Ethereurm.

The DAO price is 0.9% of the Ethereum price now. It indicates the DAO holders believe they will recover the funds.
RastoMan

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:58:39 PM

The DAO price is 0.9% of the Ethereum price now. It indicates the DAO holders believe they will recover the funds.

The DAO price is 0.93% now. So it seems that the hard fork is almost certain to happen. that is interesting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: