Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin rose to $1M, what you do?  (Read 29475 times)
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 08:21:15 AM

Direct opposite of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1438622.0

If bitcoin rose to $1M, what you do?

I personally would sell maybe 0.00001 BTC (about $10 if I'm not mistaken).
If that would happen then of course OI would sell all of my Bitcoin at once because there is no reason to be waiting for the Bitcoin to still get higher.
I think that not only me but everybody who own a bitcoins would sell it.

Correct and I don't think that there is any point in holding them at stage, so it would be a good decision to sell all coins that we have and enjoy the life and say good bye to bitcoins.
coinoclock

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 08:36:01 AM

If that would happen then of course OI would sell all of my Bitcoin at once because there is no reason to be waiting for the Bitcoin to still get higher.

Correct and I don't think that there is any point in holding them at stage, so it would be a good decision to sell all coins that we have and enjoy the life and say good bye to bitcoins.
but you do realise that bitcoin would be most likely accepted everywhere at this point (how else could it reach $1M) and selling bitcoin would be not a smart idea and also saying goodbye to bitcoin impossible since some services would be only payable in bitcoin. 
drwtsn32

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 08:46:48 AM

Imagine if it rose to $1M, it's given that there were too many buyers that it rose to that amount!
Even if you have a lot of bitcoin by that time, do you think you could sell that to anyone given that everyone has their own bitcoin already?
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:10:33 AM

but you do realise that bitcoin would be most likely accepted everywhere at this point (how else could it reach $1M) and selling bitcoin would be not a smart idea and also saying goodbye to bitcoin impossible since some services would be only payable in bitcoin. 

That is unlikely to happen that services won't accept fiat and only bitcoins, even if price reaches to millions the demand of fiat would be still there and accepting payments in bitcoin would be secondary.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:13:06 AM

i think it's imposible, seem dollar will get inflation very high. i think the highest rate of bitcoin will be $10.000 no highest rate than it.

We should predict seeing the current progress of the coin, right now we can see that the coin is growing with a stable nature because it grows somehow and then it stays stable for sometime and then again it grows, so with that progress we should first predict for something like 2k or something but not that high.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:30:03 AM

That is unlikely to happen that services won't accept fiat and only bitcoins, even if price reaches to millions the demand of fiat would be still there and accepting payments in bitcoin would be secondary.

You are right! Bitcoin is the second option though it has a high price because not all know bitcoin and recognizes it unlike fiat they will choose it or prefer it than bitcoin but as a bitccoin user we are happy if the price reaches because we can be rich from it. Cheesy

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:32:02 AM

It still depends. I think if bitcoin rose to that level, then it could also means that dollar is almosts worthless. Do you still want to own worthless dollars in exchange of a valuable bitcoin? I don't think so. And if bitcoin is already that high, I think there will be more merchandisers accepting bitcoin and you can use bitcoin as easily as using fiat. So there is no need to use fiat anymore.
HoshiPost

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:33:26 AM

I would trade in all of my bitcoin because who would not trade in there Bitcoin if they see that the Bitcoin value is that high.
If you do not sell at that point then something has to be wrong with you for sure.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:38:42 AM

I would trade in all of my bitcoin because who would not trade in there Bitcoin if they see that the Bitcoin value is that high.
If you do not sell at that point then something has to be wrong with you for sure.

Yeah if anyone will not sell his coins at that price and prefer to hold then it will be an worst decision to make as I don't think that price will rise after that and it will start falling.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:47:36 AM

Yeah if anyone will not sell his coins at that price and prefer to hold then it will be an worst decision to make as I don't think that price will rise after that and it will start falling.

the price alone doesn't matter at all but instead what matters is that how that price was reached.

if it was a slow rise with real demand (like the rise so far) it will stay and you would be a fool to see in situations like these. because there will be no drop but only rise.

but if the price rise is fast and sudden without any real support like back in 2013 $1200 rise, you would be a fool not to sell. because the drop in situation like that is assured.

Only Bitcoin
rababo

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:58:05 PM

Though it's not likely gonna ever happen, but if this would really happen then I would sell all of my bitcoin, because I don't think it would stay in $1M for a long time. I'm sure when this happen people will also sell their bitcoin and that makes bitcoin price drop hard.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:11:17 AM

Though it's not likely gonna ever happen, but if this would really happen then I would sell all of my bitcoin, because I don't think it would stay in $1M for a long time. I'm sure when this happen people will also sell their bitcoin and that makes bitcoin price drop hard.

Well we can't and we can say that this is possible as the price of bitcoin is keep on changing and that is why many investors are starting to invest with it because of its fluctuations. And if that happens then for sure that is going to make me rich and I would definitely sell all of it. But in reality if the price reached $1,000 I would sell my bitcoins immediately.
What will you do after the day you will be selling all your bitcoin for $1000, bitcoin prices hitting $2000 or $2500 prices. Never get yourself out of the race. Selling all your bitcoin at one price will definitely will make you regret in future.

So, plan up to sell our bitcoins like for your immediate requirement or any inevitable needs. Holding bitcoin will be always beneficial like it may $ 1 million prices also.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:31:33 AM

If Bitcoin rose to $1M, I would probably dump 1BTC and then the rest of my coins will just remain in my Bitcoin wallet. I think $1M should be enough to travel the world as much as I want. It should be enough for me to go from a country to another weekly. I wouldn't even be needing to work if Bitcoin rises that much because if ever I would need money again, I would just sell another Bitcoin to get another million dollars.

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2016, 09:34:24 AM

people will start selling it much lower than this even when price hir $1000.Unless the price reach $1m overnight,nobody will wait to see price hit $1m as they know that bitcoin price can fall anytime
Vhern

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 12:29:06 PM

the price alone doesn't matter at all but instead what matters is that how that price was reached.

if it was a slow rise with real demand (like the rise so far) it will stay and you would be a fool to see in situations like these. because there will be no drop but only rise.

but if the price rise is fast and sudden without any real support like back in 2013 $1200 rise, you would be a fool not to sell. because the drop in situation like that is assured.

We never know where's the max on the graphic... The strange thing is the people that buy for this price, well, this have no whys...

Now the price sounds stable, maybe it can go up again when the next halving occour.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 12:56:15 PM

I see a lot saying they would sell all their bitcoins. But I think if everyone sells their coins, the price will drop drastically.

Who would care for that? Everyone will see the profit they will be getting so they wont think about something like price may drop if we sell them all but they will just do it for earning profits man.
For sure all people or most people would surely  sold all their  bitcoin as  much as they can  because  they would get easily be a millionaire but as expected   first come first served basis  since  most people would sell all their  holding and the price would surely dump hard  or even die i guess. haha

Everyone will their coins at that price and at that time they will not care about the price of bitcoin in future and once they get millionaire they may even stop using bitcoins.

Yeah If the price would be that high I'd sell all my coins and enjoy the new rich life experience cause I wouldn't risk keeping it in bitcoin for sure it would crash again cause so many people would sell it.
Djanggo

Activity: 337

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:28:05 PM

i would purchase land may also have been considering using it to develop
 rental properties, which could provide more
 passive income.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:30:27 PM

As of now this is really impossible to happen why ? Because if you will see 1 bitcoin will be rose into 1M USD? How people can make sure about this and 0.001 bitcoin will be 1000US Dollar right ? Maybe All people who are using bitcoin will be richer and they can say that they can live with bitcoins.
WEll it is really impossible to happen bitcoin price will jump to 1,000,000 USD DOLLAR? that fast? Woah it's really amusing it is pefectly fine when his become a miracle then many peoplewho are using bitcoin will be more happier than us.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:04:15 PM

i would purchase land may also have been considering using it to develop
 rental properties, which could provide more
 passive income.

This is a  good business though to consider when  we achieve  great  amounts  on bitcoin when it hits $1m price mark but still its too unrealistic to consider to reach amount and  it would really take time   and great mass adoption or either  most  people  on the whole  globe would  use bitcoin maybe it would  be possible though on that way.

choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 02:13:53 PM

I would probably buy my own house. The price of apartment is just too much and it's just a temporary shelter to all of us. Unless you decided to buy the apartment, of course. I would also use the money that I got from Bitcoins to buy other stuffs to get ready for parenthood. You can buy a lot of things with one million dollars but we all have to be careful to not buy useless expensive things. Might as well hire a financial manager for a while because that much money is just hard to manage especially if it's your first time to handle that much money.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: