Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why is it so hard to purchase bitcoins?  (Read 1682 times)
BTCkix (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:49:28 AM

ive been looking and looking and its a headache lol first got interested in bitcoins due to researching being anonymous and what not for VPN services and that lead to bitcoins oh man what a headache i stumbled into lol. so i guess my question is as follows, is there anyone who knows a reliable place to get BTC that you dont have to jump through hoops? ive signed up with 3 places so far that claim to be able to purchase with moneygram but they end up linking to an exchange partner that in the end doesnt support.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrCrabs

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:32:09 AM

I'm redesigning the Internet to fix that problem right now.
Jaw3bmasters

Activity: 196

Another block in the wall

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:46:04 AM

ive been looking and looking and its a headache lol first got interested in bitcoins due to researching being anonymous and what not for VPN services and that lead to bitcoins oh man what a headache i stumbled into lol. so i guess my question is as follows, is there anyone who knows a reliable place to get BTC that you dont have to jump through hoops? ive signed up with 3 places so far that claim to be able to purchase with moneygram but they end up linking to an exchange partner that in the end doesnt support.

What is your payment method?

In Cryptography we trust.
BTCkix (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:47:18 AM

nice can you make it friendlier while you at it?
BTCkix (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

What is your payment method?

To be honest im stuck with payments, the only thing i can do is the big no no's (paypal, CC) I do have a moneygram account but seeing as im a noobie i cannot post outside of this section in the forums nor can I pm. I was going to see if I could moneygram someone some cash for them but i quess i will have to wait until i can post an ad
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:53:11 AM

is there anyone who knows a reliable place to get BTC that you dont have to jump through hoops?

The factors that matter in order to give you the best answer include:

- Where are you located (country)?
 - How much are you looking to buy?
 - What payment methods do you have available?
 - How soon do you need access to the proceeds?
 - Is privacy important?

A fairly comprehensive list of options is compiled here:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Cash works.  There are methods to buy bitcoins with cash in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Russia, and many other locations.

You might find a local trade as well:

- http://www.LocalBitcoins.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bradyboy

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:53:29 AM

I'm looking to trade with someone for some paypal cash, are you interested? I was thinking along the lines of a bitcoin or two, nothing more.
Jaw3bmasters

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:53:58 AM

Get some fiat while you wait to exit newbiedom.

BTCkix (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:56:10 AM

is there anyone who knows a reliable place to get BTC that you dont have to jump through hoops?

The factors that matter in order to give you the best answer include:

- Where are you located (country)?
 - How much are you looking to buy?
 - What payment methods do you have available?
 - How soon do you need access to the proceeds?
 - Is privacy important?

A fairly comprehensive list of options is compiled here:

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins

Cash works.  There are methods to buy bitcoins with cash in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Russia, and many other locations.

You might find a local trade as well:

- http://www.LocalBitcoins.com

- Where are you located (country)? Currently in Afghanistan Sad
 - How much are you looking to buy? $500 or so
 - What payment methods do you have available? pretty much PP or moneygram
 - How soon do you need access to the proceeds? was hoping to get in a day or so
 - Is privacy important? Privacy is the main reason why i want BTC
battmann

Activity: 182

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:58:10 AM

If you want check out CryptoCurrent.com and your answer may be as simple as that Smiley Maybe.

Good luck!
-battmann
BTCkix (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 10:59:34 AM

you will have to educate me on fiat  Huh
Jaw3bmasters

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:00:12 AM

Cash, any kind of cash............

bradyboy

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:03:13 AM

Wow, Afghanistan?! That might be a problem, as I don't imagine there's a lot of locals selling their bitcoins.

On second thought, I might be able to help you, as that's about the amount I'm looking transfer to paypal in total. I believe I could provide you with very good proof of who I say I am and can give you screenshots of my mtgox account totals.

Let me know what you think.
BTCkix (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:04:16 AM

Cash, any kind of cash............

errr cash doesnt really do me good at this point lol i mean i can pay via my CC but im trying to get into the whole anonymous movement and id like to pay a VPN via BTC  
BTCkix (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:07:02 AM

Wow, Afghanistan?! That might be a problem, as I don't imagine there's a lot of locals selling their bitcoins.

On second thought, I might be able to help you, as that's about the amount I'm looking transfer to paypal in total. I believe I could provide you with very good proof of who I say I am and can give you screenshots of my mtgox account totals.

Let me know what you think.

its tempting but id like to exchange with someone thats been on the forums for a while. that being said i know i cant be one to judge as im like a day old Sad  but with moneygram the receiver can get the money first to verify funds then send me the BTC
bradyboy

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:16:42 AM

I've got an idea on how I can prove my funds to you:

1. I PM you a screenshot of my mtgox account(s)
2. You PM me a specific amount of bitcoin (has to be less than .05) that I have to send to your bitcoin wallet within a minute.
3. I then post a screenshot of my revised mtgox.

Honestly man, this is all very dubious indeed, but I feel like we are both in positions to mutually benefit each other. I would not add any fee or anything and your bitcoins would be delivered within 3 hours.

There's still the element of trust that's worrisome, so I'd be willing to send the coins first to an intermediary member here that I know wouldn't scam me.
bradyboy

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:19:55 AM

Why not that Stephen guy?! Give me an address to send my coins to Stephen, and I'll pass them on to you. If you burn me though, I'll hunt you down...
BTCkix (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:22:31 AM

Why not that Stephen guy?! Give me an address to send my coins to Stephen, and I'll pass them on to you. If you burn me though, I'll hunt you down...

lol errr willing to come to Afghanistan? but in all seriousness i realized i have to wait until im sync'd to be able to verify receipt of them Sad im at 59%
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:31:03 AM

lol errr willing to come to Afghanistan? but in all seriousness i realized i have to wait until im sync'd to be able to verify receipt of them Sad im at 59%
You can put the address on blockchain.info to see if the tx has gone through, no need to wait for the client to verify.
BTCkix (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:38:45 AM

You can put the address on blockchain.info to see if the tx has gone through, no need to wait for the client to verify.

hmmm looks like we can do this then, so how would we do the transaction brady?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: