Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1OZ SILVER MAPLE LEAF / CHECK BEST PRICE IN OP  (Read 12621 times)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:01:49 PM

@rpietila: Thanks! I only saw your post now, is the offer valid for today and for quantities 10~25?

Yes, just follow the instructions in the OP.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:19:59 PM

@rpietila: Thanks! I only saw your post now, is the offer valid for today and for quantities 10~25?

Hmmm, I was going to do it now, but I really don't want my name and address on the forum. Can I PM you the rate so I lock it and make the tx, but give the name and address by email instead?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:38:00 PM

Hmmm, I was going to do it now, but I really don't want my name and address on the forum. Can I PM you the rate so I lock it and make the tx, but give the name and address by email instead?

Sure. My email is risto.pietila@silverbank.net

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:07:18 PM

100% positive customer feedback so far. Thank you for all our customers for trusting us! We will update the numbers concerning shipping times shortly on the thread.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:13:32 PM

Just got my 2 coins today.
Great packaging, included invoice, etc.
Trying to find the will to take some pics.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:25:15 PM

Don't force the will  Wink

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:48:25 PM

Don't force the will  Wink

Nah, it's just that my cellphone battery is dead and I need to charge it before taking the pics Tongue
And need to rest my brain a bit. Bitcoin going up like this is a bit brain-damaging Grin
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 07:25:37 PM

One way would be to have the sender sign a message with the private key of the origin address.

How many % can do this? I cannot  Cheesy

I was more like thinking: "take a random number 1-999 and PM it to me before you pay. Add that number of satoshi to your transaction to prove you sent it".

I believe the "correct" way to do this is to generate a new public address for the transaction (though presumably you could reuse old ones). Though if your method is working, why mess with success?

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 07:32:28 PM

One way would be to have the sender sign a message with the private key of the origin address.

I was more like thinking: "take a random number 1-999 and PM it to me before you pay. Add that number of satoshi to your transaction to prove you sent it".

I believe the "correct" way to do this is to generate a new public address for the transaction (though presumably you could reuse old ones). Though if your method is working, why mess with success?

I cannot manually issue such an address if I am not online, and the automatic issuance incurs a one-time investment of my time and/or money and/or risk. I can sell cheaper this way. All transactions are now public and visible which increases trust as people can see exactly how much I have sold via this method, and that I am in no dire need of bitcoins as they are all sitting there Smiley

By the way my sales are currently BTC1400 annualized, that is more than $100k  Grin

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 07:51:00 PM

I cannot manually issue such an address if I am not online, and the automatic issuance incurs a one-time investment of my time and/or money and/or risk. I can sell cheaper this way. All transactions are now public and visible which increases trust as people can see exactly how much I have sold via this method, and that I am in no dire need of bitcoins as they are all sitting there Smiley

Yeah, I just thought you might like to know if you didn't already.

By the way my sales are currently BTC1400 annualized, that is more than $100k  Grin

Nice. If you weren't limited to the EU, I might be in for some.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:53:32 AM

Yeah, I just thought you might like to know if you didn't already.

Nice. If you weren't limited to the EU, I might be in for some.

Hi, thank you! We will soon be offering also 90% circulated silver (Silvervault: AGD type), and American Silver Eagles. Please reply in this thread if you are interested!

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:08:28 PM

Hi, thank you! We will soon be offering also 90% circulated silver (Silvervault: AGD type), and American Silver Eagles. Please reply in this thread if you are interested!

I might be. I don't like to commit unless I'm sure and I'm fluid on a lot of stuff right now. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:11:56 PM

I might be. I don't like to commit unless I'm sure and I'm fluid on a lot of stuff right now. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Why would I buy a metal that is losing value with BTC that is rapidly gaining value?

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:30:53 PM

Why would I buy a metal that is losing value with BTC that is rapidly gaining value?

Diversification.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:32:08 PM

It is called diversification, which ultimately derives its importance from the theory of personal non-constant marginal utility of wealth.

It is generally agreed that the likelihood of silver losing more than 50% of its purchasing power in one year, is very small.
It is generally agreed that the likelihood of cash losing more than 50% of its purchasing power in connection with the above, is even smaller.
It can be postulated that if both of the above happen, the likelihood of anything holding its purchasing power, is small.
Bitcoin can be that anything, and it has done incredibly well, and will continue to do so. However, the likelihood of it losing more than 50% per year is rather large.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion: For a person that possesses an average, non-constant, marginal utility of money, it makes sense to construct a portfolio of assets, which offers nonzero, positive future value in as many as possible different scenarios. This may consist of bitcoins, silver, cash and other assets, in proportions deemed satisfactory.

deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:38:20 PM

It is called diversification, which ultimately derives its importance from the theory of personal non-constant marginal utility of wealth.

It is generally agreed that the likelihood of silver losing more than 50% of its purchasing power in one year, is very small.
It is generally agreed that the likelihood of cash losing more than 50% of its purchasing power in connection with the above, is even smaller.
It can be postulated that if both of the above happen, the likelihood of anything holding its purchasing power, is small.
Bitcoin can be that anything, and it has done incredibly well, and will continue to do so. However, the likelihood of it losing more than 50% per year is rather large.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion: For a person that possesses an average, non-constant, marginal utility of money, it makes sense to construct a portfolio of assets, which offers nonzero, positive future value in as many as possible different scenarios. This may consist of bitcoins, silver, cash and other assets, in proportions deemed satisfactory.

This is a perfectly sound theory.  I agree wholeheartedly.  But why would I use BTC to buy it when I can use Fiat?

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:41:39 PM

This is a perfectly sound theory.  I agree wholeheartedly.  But why would I use BTC to buy it when I can use Fiat?

I have an equally lengthy explanation for that but let's cut it short: I am a moneychanger. You can use fiat or anything if you like, and you only need to pay a premium that equals my cost of selling that fiat or item, and transferring the value to bitcoins. Because at present, fiat is depreciating rapidly, I will probably offer you rather "bad" terms compared to these ones, which are very competitive.

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 03:49:07 PM

perfectly sound theory.  I agree wholeheartedly.  But why would I use BTC to buy it when I can use Fiat?

If I have fiat on hand, I'll probably go looking for that. However, I don't know where to get good deals for fiat and rptiela seems to be developing a good reputation. More importantly than that though, I think it is good to keep bitcoins moving and they're not exactly hard to replace (or in a rising maket, preplace).

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:57:35 PM

His method saves one loop in the ordering process and therefore speeds it up considerably. He doesn't need to be online and answering people with an address when they order. I quite like the system and I might actually use it for my casascius sales at some point.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 02:17:31 PM

His method saves one loop in the ordering process and therefore speeds it up considerably. He doesn't need to be online and answering people with an address when they order. I quite like the system and I might actually use it for my casascius sales at some point.

It's not a terrible system but it does mean you're charging different amounts to different people and just looks messy. If you do different addresses, it's "cleaner" but you'd really want to automate it. Then the buyer enters their details, and scans the resulting output QR, cuts & pastes (or enters the key manually if they're masochistic). I've been thinking this might actually be something that could be provided as a service by an external company, the resulting funds being funnelled into the end-seller's single public key and the order information either emailed or provided by an API. Disadvantage is that the external service gets a cut, of course.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: