Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:31:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to sell my S7 Miners?  (Read 1170 times)
kspare (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 02:31:10 PM

I have 4 S7 Miners to sell, not really sure where is the best place to sell them?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2016, 02:32:42 PM

I have 4 S7 Miners to sell, not really sure where is the best place to sell them?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 10:50:59 PM

ebay
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:03:19 AM

Amazon or eBay. Plenty of people willing to buy from there. I've seen miners go for 100 over the price they are here at the forum. Amazon has less volume for miners (I think), but either way, these two are the best options. Most people look for a listing with free shipping, so raise your prices accordingly. Of course, if you'd like to cash out in Bitcoin, there are plenty of people willing to buy with escrow here.  S7s are in high demand right now, so either way, your miners should sell pretty quickly.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 04:11:51 AM

ebay

Be careful on Ebay as sadly there are bad buyers out there.  With forum you will get a lesser price but you know buyer is good depending on user/history.  With Ebay keep in mind paypal/ebay fees add up.   But still most likely is higher price there then forum.

I suggest doing a buy it now and take offers as it allows you to kinda pick buyer with good feedback.  (If someone pay's the buy it now then not so much).   Just be very honest on listing on condition and use pictures of unit to help prevent issues.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 07:06:48 AM

ebay

Be careful on Ebay as sadly there are bad buyers out there.  With forum you will get a lesser price but you know buyer is good depending on user/history.  With Ebay keep in mind paypal/ebay fees add up.   But still most likely is higher price there then forum.

I suggest doing a buy it now and take offers as it allows you to kinda pick buyer with good feedback.  (If someone pay's the buy it now then not so much).   Just be very honest on listing on condition and use pictures of unit to help prevent issues.

I have sold all my ASIC miners (about 15-20 since 2013) on Ebay & had no problems,of course I only sell to those with at least 20 POSITIVE feedbacks & post NO RETURNS on those auctions  Wink

You can cancel bids from anyone & bar bidders from your auction at any time  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:01:50 PM

You can cancel bids from anyone & bar bidders from your auction at any time  Cool

You can not cancel the last few seconds bids.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:19:47 PM

You can cancel bids from anyone & bar bidders from your auction at any time  Cool

You can cancel the auction but it can be quite a pain.   If a "bad" buyer get's the winning bid right before closing or through buy it now huge pain.  

Last one I canceled was a code for a computer game I got for buying video cards.  The buyer said something about unauthorized bid.... and I had to wait like 1.5 weeks-2 to get fee's taken off my account for a sell that did not happen.  The buyer did some sort of unauthorized bid (might have been unauthorized payment been a bit) in paypal side but not on ebay side so it still showed as valid sell on ebay.  The buyer did not push button he agreed sale did not go on ebay just paypal.  So I had to wait for me to win by no contact from buyer.... all over a few dollars on ebay fees.

But overall I would  agree you can do decent selling old gear on ebay.  I personally keep it till I almost cannot mine profitably at that point I sell to "free" or super cheap electricity users.   This also makes it where I'm not selling a super high/new high dollar miner. Which helps limit possible loss.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 10:20:19 PM

Never had an issue myself...must be lucky  Cheesy

I post this in my auction description & vet ALL bidders (check their feedback) & I send a PM to them ASAP & expect an answer ASAP,if not BANNED  Tongue

"If you have less than 20 positive feedback,I will contact you.Communication is the key to bidding on my items.No/slow reply,your bid will be canceled."

"Please have an understanding of what you are purchasing and the nature of cryptocurrency.  I will not be responsible for user error in the setup or operation of this device."

"No REFUNDS,sold as is."

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 02:11:24 PM

ebay final value fee for miners are 10% , also if you set up the shipping fee , ebay taking 10% from that too ...
if you sold your miner for 500$ + 20$ shipping  , you have to pay 52$ fees to ebay .

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 02:17:48 PM

And another about 4% to PayPal. Set the price 1/7 higher than you want to actually get.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Puffy23

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:24:32 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2016, 06:38:38 PM by Puffy23

I hear horror stories about selling items on eBay, however, I've only ever had a mostly positive experience.

I think I've sold 4 or 5 S5s and maybe 4 or 5 S7s using eBay and only had to cancel 1 completed sale after not receiving payment.  All I had to do was relist the miner and it sold right away.

One thing I would say is keep an eye on the fees.  10% from eBay and 3% from PayPal.  eBay bills monthly rather than collecting at the time of the transaction.  I imagine this is setup so that PayPal can get 3% of the entire sale rather than 3% of take away.

Doing free shipping I expect to walk away with ~$415 on a $500 listing.  Those fees add up quick.

If you sell on the forum I'm sure you can secure escrow for less than the PayPal fee and completely avoid the 10% eBay fee.  I'd guess you have a better shot at getting a serious buyer as well, eBay is swimming with newbs.

Edit:  I would also recommend using fixed price rather than auction style listing.  eBay is quickly turning into another Amazon, with the focus being less and less on the auction side of the house.  I think fixed price listings average 20% higher sales price when compared to auctions.  With miners it lets buyers 'click now' rather than having to wait on an auction to end, and then wait on shipping.  Those days can make or break ROI, most especially this close to the halving.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: