Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:54:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Find the Icelandic mining factory !  (Read 1209 times)
khhong74 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 04:30:25 PM

Find the Icelandic mining factory !
Locate the factory ANNA electricity!
I wonder maneunji mining plant in any region of Iceland.
Please tell us how to move the data center !
Have you at any minute you tell a mining factory in Iceland hkh7415@naver.com area , please contact us here !
Just ask !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:07:09 AM

Please calm down and stop shouting. A quick google search finds:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/geothermal-gold-why-bitcoin-mines-are-moving-iceland-1468295

http://www.businessinsider.com/photos-iceland-bitcoin-mine-genesis-mining-cloud-2015-8?r=UK&IR=T

http://cryptomining-blog.com/5404-life-inside-a-bitcoin-mine-in-iceland/

and there are more than 100,000 search results.

Please do your own research, without shouting, keep it down low, and most of all stay calm.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 05:43:20 AM

the cost of living there is 40% greater than in europe, or some country of europe, so even if they pay less for electricity they need to pay more to live there, and someone must remain there to control that farm

so in the end you don't actually pay 0.05 cent per kwh in iceland
SerialLain

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:22:46 AM

I pay about 0.05 usd/kWh for power in Iceland. Small scale operation of 25kW, the price includes hosting right next to the micro-hydro plants (one on-grid, one off-grid).

If you go into medium scale (100-200kW, on-grid only) you can expect to pay more, probably closer to 0.08 usd/kWh with transmission and not including hosting.

If you go really big(>10 MW), you can see prices again in the range of 0.05 usd/kWh with transmission.

The low prices exist but they aren't common for smaller operations.

Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:39:10 AM

I pay about 0.05 usd/kWh for power in Iceland. Small scale operation of 25kW, the price includes hosting right next to the micro-hydro plants (one on-grid, one off-grid).

If you go into medium scale (100-200kW, on-grid only) you can expect to pay more, probably closer to 0.08 usd/kWh with transmission and not including hosting.

If you go really big(>10 MW), you can see prices again in the range of 0.05 usd/kWh with transmission.

The low prices exist but they aren't common for smaller operations.

I find it strange that you pay 0,05 US for hydro power on Iceland. I pay 0,055€ for hydro power on Iceland for a farm of more than 200kW and thats only because i have been with them since beginning 2014, so one of the first i believe. In my price hosting, vpn is part of the price. Every 3-6 month I put out some inq. to other hosting companies on Iceland, and non of them is able to match my present price.
Im willing to dig in to this, so send me a PM with your hosting company and I will let them make me a quote.
One thing I came across is the possiblility to make my own building for my farm, but living expenses, hardware and internet gear eats up the bennefits.

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
SerialLain

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:24:04 PM

I find it strange that you pay 0,05 US for hydro power on Iceland. I pay 0,055€ for hydro power on Iceland for a farm of more than 200kW and thats only because i have been with them since beginning 2014, so one of the first i believe. In my price hosting, vpn is part of the price. Every 3-6 month I put out some inq. to other hosting companies on Iceland, and non of them is able to match my present price.
Im willing to dig in to this, so send me a PM with your hosting company and I will let them make me a quote.
One thing I came across is the possiblility to make my own building for my farm, but living expenses, hardware and internet gear eats up the bennefits.

I buy it directly from farmers (as in actual livestock farmer) that have their own hydro power, not a hosting company.

They include hosting and internet connection, they usually get considerably less selling their power to the grid (about 1-2 cents ). I provide them with an reasonable alternative by buying power at a higher rate than the power companies pay them. I move in the gear, they get a better price and have to give me some space which is usually abundant on livestock farms.

More importantly, I pay little for transmission since we don't buy much from the grid (or at all). Provided the mining gear is behind the metering station of the hydro generator you will only pay for power use that is in excess of the generator capacity.

Right now both my locations have limited capacities available, around 55 kW.

If you are interested in such arrangements you have to meet some of the livestock farmers, see if they have the capacity you need and negotiate with them individually. This is usually requires patience since farmers have very long time scales in their operations, they center their work around the seasons and you can expect to wait a few months before it's possible to move in gear.

There are locations that have power available in the 100-150 kW range but they are fairly remote, you can even find upwards of 1 MW sites that sell to the grid but would rather want to sell locally.

Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:34:35 PM

I buy it directly from farmers (as in actual livestock farmer) that have their own hydro power, not a hosting company.

They include hosting and internet connection, they usually get considerably less selling their power to the grid (about 1-2 cents ). I provide them with an reasonable alternative by buying power at a higher rate than the power companies pay them. I move in the gear, they get a better price and have to give me some space which is usually abundant on livestock farms.

More importantly, I pay little for transmission since we don't buy much from the grid (or at all). Provided the mining gear is behind the metering station of the hydro generator you will only pay for power use that is in excess of the generator capacity.

Right now both my locations have limited capacities available, around 55 kW.

If you are interested in such arrangements you have to meet some of the livestock farmers, see if they have the capacity you need and negotiate with them individually. This is usually requires patience since farmers have very long time scales in their operations, they center their work around the seasons and you can expect to wait a few months before it's possible to move in gear.

There are locations that have power available in the 100-150 kW range but they are fairly remote, you can even find upwards of 1 MW sites that sell to the grid but would rather want to sell locally.

If they generally get 1-2 cents why are you paying them 5?
SerialLain

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 09:41:15 PM

If they generally get 1-2 cents why are you paying them 5?

It's a fair price when considering hosting and an on-site person that can restart equipment when it goes down. Miners do require minor maintenance plus mining usually requires some electrical infrastructure upgrades for carrying power loads.

On the small scale I operate the farmer uses the profit from my power consumption to pay his own salary and any upgrades, when he's selling to the power company there is virtually no extra work involved compared to mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: