Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:40:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Keiser - "Bitcoin Millionaire" - Heralds Satoshi's Bitcoin as "Cyber Christ"  (Read 6256 times)
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 08:50:09 PM

What's really weird about Bitcoin is that it's one the most powerful and innovative tools threatening the current ruling system (led by the Fed).

And nobody knows the identity of the inventor.

He could just as well be an extraterrestial for all we know.

An ET who came to secretly and single-handedly liberate the population of Earth.

That would make a cool movie.  Cool
(that would be the plot twist that would be revealed at the very end)

cjgames.com
mpfrank

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

Cosmic Cubist

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:29:05 PM

there's more to Max Keiser's words than most would believe.

According to anthropologist (and left-anarchist) David Graeber, money evolved from debt (not barter). The ruling class invented religion as an instrument of intimidation and debt collection. The words for debt and guilt are the same in most languages (like German "Schuld").

"[...] All major world religions grew in response to money, whether informed by the beliefs of people living in a money economy, or in reaction to its evils."

http://p2pfoundation.net/First_Five_Thousand_Years_of_Debt

Now we have the savior of debt-free currency to deliver us from all sin.  Shocked

At least, until Ripple puts us all into debt to each other again...  Cheesy

If all the sovereign non-cryptocurrencies will eventually collapse from hyperinflation, you can't afford *not* to invest in Bitcoin...  See my blog at http://minetopics.blogspot.com/ .

Donations accepted at:  17twYNyqTiCTM2gJmumkytvhZh4sCVSKNH
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 09:45:03 PM

According to anthropologist (and left-anarchist) David Graeber, money evolved from debt (not barter). The ruling class invented religion as an instrument of intimidation and debt collection. The words for debt and guilt are the same in most languages (like German "Schuld").

"[...] All major world religions grew in response to money, whether informed by the beliefs of people living in a money economy, or in reaction to its evils."

Now we have the savior of debt-free currency to deliver us from all sin.  Shocked

At least, until Ripple puts us all into debt to each other again...  Cheesy

The difference with Ripple would be at least that the debt is not centralized and not enforced by violence.

cjgames.com
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:55:13 PM

Terence McKenna used to believe that the internet is the savior. Close call I guess.

why am i surprised to find a fellow knowing terence mckenna on bitcointalk...? By all the fundamentals i should not be.

You really shouldn't be surprised Wink
DanielBTC

Activity: 788

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 12:30:18 AM

haha love this part Cheesy

And you know what, it's time to change time period. We are now in year 4. That's year 4 A.B. (after bitcoin).  Wink

"4 A.B. (after bitcoin)!" Liked it! =)

[Daniel BTC] - 9 AB (after bitcoin)
http://www.usandobitcoin.com.br - Bitcoin para Iniciantes
OTC: DanielBTC Bitrated user: DanielBTC.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 02:26:33 AM

The Bitcoin rapture is upon us
gradient vector

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 03:04:00 AM

What's really weird about Bitcoin is that it's one the most powerful and innovative tools threatening the current ruling system (led by the Fed).

An ET who came to secretly and single-handedly liberate the population of Earth.

That would make a cool movie.  Cool
(that would be the plot twist that would be revealed at the very end)

ROFL!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:14:13 AM

BTC, DMT

Coincidence? I think not

How much does a jeweled self-dribbling basketball cost in btc?

Um, what coincidence?  You might as well compare BTC to ATX... both are 3 letters with a T.  As far as I can tell, that's all BTC has in common with DMT.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Hauk

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:16:28 AM

You just blew my mind. E.T. is short for Extra-Terrestrial. Why have i not thought about that before?
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:22:28 AM

BTC, DMT

Coincidence? I think not

How much does a jeweled self-dribbling basketball cost in btc?

Um, what coincidence?  You might as well compare BTC to ATX... both are 3 letters with a T.  As far as I can tell, that's all BTC has in common with DMT.

Machine Elves run the Blockchain.
Rincewind

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 04:43:26 AM

It halfway scares me that this guy has a million dollars in Bitcoin.  When Bitcoins are worth $50,000/ea, he'll be a billionaire.  A crazy guy can control a lot with a billion dollars...
If BTC forums are making threads about his media appearances, I'd say he controls alot already. Hard to trash him though when he's also an evangelist.

I'll pass on his 'CyberChrist' though. When he converts to CyberFSM, I'm on board.
thefiniteidea (OP)

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 01:32:39 PM

It halfway scares me that this guy has a million dollars in Bitcoin.  When Bitcoins are worth $50,000/ea, he'll be a billionaire.  A crazy guy can control a lot with a billion dollars...
If BTC forums are making threads about his media appearances, I'd say he controls alot already. Hard to trash him though when he's also an evangelist.

I'll pass on his 'CyberChrist' though. When he converts to CyberFSM, I'm on board.

BTC forums is making thread about his media appearance because it was funny and had to do with Bitcoin. Max Keiser has no control over BTC forums, otherwise.

So, one could say BTC Forums enjoys (or is controlled by) BTC... and humor. Wink
cho

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

Boar with me

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:44:54 PM

That ET could have chosen something other than BDB to store the blockchain (or included a default configuration file) ! Stupid pleiadeans !

1KEWxTkXPgfB9MdHJcfyoVnfHRnYEHQJPw
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1694

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 03:56:45 PM

Lets not go full retard.

Max is waxing metaphorical, he isn't founding a new religion.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 04:03:27 PM

Lets not go full retard. Max is waxing metaphorical, he isn't founding a new religion.

Infidel! You must go full retard.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 04:07:53 PM

It is time for a holy Crusade  Shocked

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 05:06:14 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2013, 05:41:10 PM by markm

Hmm, that kind of undercuts the regressive theories of the Misers Institute, eh? Interesting...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 05:36:10 PM

Hmm, hat kind of undercuts the regressive theories of the Misers Institute, eh? Interesting...

-MarkM-

yup

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139338.0  Smiley

take that all u "Misers" out there Cheesy

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 02:08:11 AM

That ET could have chosen something other than BDB to store the blockchain (or included a default configuration file) ! Stupid pleiadeans !

http://www.december212012.com/articles/PlanetX_Nibiru/What_Is_the_Planet_Nibiru_and_Is_It_Approaching.htm

tldr satoshi will return in 3600 years  Tongue

freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:13:32 AM

Lets not go full retard. Max is waxing metaphorical, he isn't founding a new religion.

Infidel! You must go full retard.

Full Retard Jacket
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: