Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:26:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395416 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 09:57:06 AM
Merited by allwelder (3)

staking is becoming supported by many nodes operators and staking services,Waves blockchain also opt to add block rewards for node mining,seems supported by community votes.
Will ARDOR consider adding such block rewards in the near future?

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 06:06:07 PM

what about ignis? i once received ignis tokens. because i did not sell all nxt @ath.
U

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 12:20:10 PM

what about ignis? i once received ignis tokens. because i did not sell all nxt @ath.
Main chain ARDOR was almost forgotten , so as ignis - child chain.
From the investing term, sell these un-pop ,buy more promising coins is the better choice.

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6146

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 05:42:28 PM

From the investing term, sell these un-pop ,buy more promising coins is the better choice.
Buy high, sell low Grin (or: Get airdropped high, sell low)

Ardor's USP (child chain pruning) is still not released, if it works as promised and is delivered at the end of 2019, it could be an error to sell for the current price.

But Ardor has also problems derived from its centralized management and the "shared-source" style license, but these are shared with other coins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 06:35:36 PM

Ardor's USP (child chain pruning) is still not released, if it works as promised and is delivered at the end of 2019, it could be an error to sell for the current price.

But Ardor has also problems derived from its centralized management and the "shared-source" style license, but these are shared with other coins.

well, then I will forget them again...
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 06:41:03 PM

Might as well check if you got the freebie GPS tokens from holding it. Pretty sure it was something like a 20% airdrop. I think it is an Ignis asset, so you'd need to check the wallet. They aren't worth much (I think), but free is free.
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 06:45:51 PM

Might as well check if you got the freebie GPS tokens from holding it. Pretty sure it was something like a 20% airdrop. I think it is an Ignis asset, so you'd need to check the wallet. They aren't worth much (I think), but free is free.

ty for the hint. all i got is a message:
Hello! Win your bitcoins here ....
poornamelessme

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 06:57:10 PM

Hmm? I'm not sure what you are referring to there.
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 07:00:49 PM

i did not find any gps tokens in my account.

but i found out that i received a spam message @ my ardor address.
poornamelessme

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 07:11:42 PM

i did not find any gps tokens in my account.

but i found out that i received a spam message @ my ardor address.

I thought it was an asset, so it wouldn't be a token, I think. But maybe you need to wait for the app first ... if you have a spam email, you can sign up for a reminder.

Info found here:
https://triffic.world/en/airdrop
U

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 01:30:20 PM

the key problem is that what they delivered is not needed by market.
This is really ironic,as the first pure PoS coin,it should have a better future rather than like now.
the team are genius,with enough coding skill,but they need better ideas,they need to change,they need to accept advices from community to delivered a much suitable product.

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
vlom
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 03:23:49 PM

I thought it was an asset, so it wouldn't be a token, I think. But maybe you need to wait for the app first ... if you have a spam email, you can sign up for a reminder.

Info found here:
https://triffic.world/en/airdrop

thank you very much.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 04:10:07 PM

the key problem is that what they delivered is not needed by market.
I doubt that. Until now the blockchain's USP, as I wrote, wasn't delivered (not because it's a scam but because they clarified that at their roadmap, from the beginning). So currently the Ardor child-chains do not offer significant advantages to other "token" solutions.

But once child chain pruning is delivered (testnet is planned still for late 2019 and mainnet for 2020), that would provide a crucial "maintainance cost" advantage to other blockchains, as initial blockchain download and full node RAM/disk space requirements would be much lower than for coins which do not offer that feature (the only exception is actually Cryptonite, an even much more smaller altcoin which has a similar system but without child chains).

they need to accept advices from community to delivered a much suitable product.
Yep, that's just what I'm criticizing too: the decision-making is too centralized. They however accept some advices (a comment I made at Stackexchange probably inspired minimal-trust lightweight contracts, as they implemented a technique Lior had described in his answer) and perhaps even pull requests as they write on their Bitbucket repo.

But generally speaking, I think the coin has not a problem related to missing features, but more of a communication problem. This thread, for example, is practically deserted, the Ardor forum has low activity, and there is confusion between the NXT and ARDOR brands (while Ardor isn't a particularly bad name, I would have preferred it to be called simply "NXT 2.0" as originally intended, but they cited intellectual property problems because of other NXT-named brands). And many ask themselves what the IGNIS token is meant for - the answer is actually that its utility depends also on the pruning feature as it would enable a lightweight payment sub-chain.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
poornamelessme

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 06:34:54 PM

But generally speaking, I think the coin has not a problem related to missing features, but more of a communication problem. This thread, for example, is practically deserted, the Ardor forum has low activity, and there is confusion between the NXT and ARDOR brands (while Ardor isn't a particularly bad name, I would have preferred it to be called simply "NXT 2.0" as originally intended, but they cited intellectual property problems because of other NXT-named brands). And many ask themselves what the IGNIS token is meant for - the answer is actually that its utility depends also on the pruning feature as it would enable a lightweight payment sub-chain.

That's what it really boils down to. I have never seen a coin so focused on laying the groundwork (coding/conferences and so on) yet ignore proper marketing so badly. It's like they do the reverse of most other projects... there are some coins w/ much higher valuations, without even really working products, but tons of hype. Ardor is like the anti-hype coin, doing the background stuff, but kind of forgetting to tell anyone it exists. Beats me why they ignore this forum so much either, it takes minimal effort to announce news here.

And they should have retired NXT 1.0, I see no point to their team putting resources on it still ... and as you say, NXT/IGNIS/ARDOR just confuses people. I still have no clue what Ignis is really used for besides the lightweight contract stuff, and no idea why that couldn't have just been done with Ardor by itself.

I like the tech details of the project, but I really hate their communications. You'd think they'd just hire a marketing director or something. Or some random guy to at least update the forum here.
pressing207

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 08:02:22 AM

That's what it really boils down to. I have never seen a coin so focused on laying the groundwork (coding/conferences and so on) yet ignore proper marketing so badly. It's like they do the reverse of most other projects... there are some coins w/ much higher valuations, without even really working products, but tons of hype. Ardor is like the anti-hype coin, doing the background stuff, but kind of forgetting to tell anyone it exists. Beats me why they ignore this forum so much either, it takes minimal effort to announce news here.

And they should have retired NXT 1.0, I see no point to their team putting resources on it still ... and as you say, NXT/IGNIS/ARDOR just confuses people. I still have no clue what Ignis is really used for besides the lightweight contract stuff, and no idea why that couldn't have just been done with Ardor by itself.

I like the tech details of the project, but I really hate their communications. You'd think they'd just hire a marketing director or something. Or some random guy to at least update the forum here.
All trouble in POS/algorithm creators got the Majority of coins right at the beginning. At the same time, they got profit on two ARDR/IGNIS/Why to be engaged in it marketing? They and their grandsons can have a rest all life in the resort.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 04:43:23 PM

I still have no clue what Ignis is really used for besides the lightweight contract stuff, and no idea why that couldn't have just been done with Ardor by itself.
Only Ignis transactions can be pruned, Ardor transactions cannot. That's the reason why most advanced features are only available with Ignis.

That makes Ignis transactions cheaper in terms of transaction fees, because there is less maintainment cost associated to it (if we part from a fixed number of transactions, the more oft them are using Ignis instead of Ardor, the lighter the blockchain becomes). That's obviously currently not so relevant (due to the low price which makes an 1 ARDR fee feel "cheap", and the generally low number of transacions), but if the project eventually becomes a success, then it would become a crucial advantage for Ignis.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
October 19, 2019, 09:53:52 AM

snip

And many ask themselves what the IGNIS token is meant for - the answer is actually that its utility depends also on the pruning feature as it would enable a lightweight payment sub-chain.

From where I sit... they have launched child-chain of Ignis on Ardor platform just to keep all  NXT features like market, voting, coin forging etc which are not bad at all. In fact Ignis is a next version of NXT improved through efficiency gains.
Kriptobt1

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 08:29:26 AM

Ardor released new software for devices with Android operating systems, which will allow all project participants to support the work of the network using mobile devices

pressing207

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 01:31:11 PM

I still have no clue what Ignis is really used for besides the lightweight contract stuff, and no idea why that couldn't have just been done with Ardor by itself.
Only Ignis transactions can be pruned, Ardor transactions cannot. That's the reason why most advanced features are only available with Ignis.

That makes Ignis transactions cheaper in terms of transaction fees, because there is less maintainment cost associated to it (if we part from a fixed number of transactions, the more oft them are using Ignis instead of Ardor, the lighter the blockchain becomes). That's obviously currently not so relevant (due to the low price which makes an 1 ARDR fee feel "cheap", and the generally low number of transacions), but if the project eventually becomes a success, then it would become a crucial advantage for Ignis.
An unhappy NXT has no application at all now?
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:07:48 AM

Ardor released new software for devices with Android operating systems, which will allow all project participants to support the work of the network using mobile devices

-snip-
In other words, Ardor can now run (via new software package) as a Full Node on Android devices. This is the first time where a decentralized blockchain platform enables users to join the network and participate equally in the PoS consensus by only using a mobile phone. Users are no longer required to setup and maintain a server or leave a laptop running all the time to forge new blocks.

Source: https://blog.blockfolio.com/twibs-cardano-adds-partners-for-payment-processing-litecoin-going-private-with-mw-iota-partners-d47772894a65#6bd0
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: