Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtualminer.eu - Virtual Mining game and Exchange  (Read 1280 times)
Nachtwind (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 07:07:18 PM

What is it about?

„Virtual Mining“ is a game unlike any other currently found in the BTC community. Imagine you were able to virtually create a new Bitcoin frok, one where you can set the rules, dont have to spend your precious mining time on and still make money with it!
In Virtualminer you have that chance. YOu can create a virtual crypto currency and mine it with vitual rigs, like everyone else could do. You can test settings of a new cryptocoin or implement your cryptocoin right inside the game!

Where is the catch?
You have, as in real life, to spend money to gain money. You can build, arrange and run rigs on altchains that do run in this virtual environment. But in order to do this you have to pay BTC for the rigs or the creation of thechain, but after that your chain is running and the exchange on virtualminer will be allowed to trade your coins for Bitcoins.
If you get enough people to run your Chain you will can get enough people to trade and to raise the price of the coin - just like you would do with your own altcoin, just without development, without flamewars and without neglecting your primary Cryptocoin!

So what are the rules?
Currently the game is running in a testing phase – therefore all of the rules are negotiable, except the one about cheating

-   Every user may “Buy” as many mainboard, virtual asics and other hardware components as he wants.
  o   A mainboard has a fixed number of card slots
  o   A virtual ASIC cannot be upgraded with vGPUs nor does it need a mainboard to be attached to
  o   vGPUs and vASICs speeds are taken from real life values where possible
  o   The amount of Devices available is limited depending on the devices real life availability (a 6990 is less available than a 6850)
  o   Users are able to sell their devices on the "flea market"

-   Users can create new Chains
  o   There can be a maximum 20 parallel active chains
    x   A chain is flagged inactive after 24 hrs. if no one is mining it anymore
    x   A chain is deactivated (unminable, 48hrs after flagging inactive)
    x   Every new chain costs 0.125BTC for every Chain already in existence. The first one is free, the 2nd costs 0.125, the third 0.25 and so on..

-   Users can create Pools
  o As of now pools are unlimited in size
  o A pools founder can set any fee he wants as long as it is less than 25% (to prevent cheating).
  o The chain a pool is mining can be set at any time.
  o Pools always pay proportional
  o Users NOT on a pool mine SOLO

-   Deposits are handled with a unique address every time.
  o A deposit is “valid” and added to the account after 4 confirmations.
  o There is a small fee of 0.01BTC on withdrawal. This is to keep the server alive and cover transfer costs.

-   “Cheating”
  o   “In theory, as the service operator, I could keep the bitcoins for myself. I'm not going to do this, but I completely accept that people do not trust the service operator. It is their freedom of choice, and Bitcoin is about freedom.” (slush)

Screenshots:

dirksizzlebod

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 10:36:44 PM

This sounds like a super cool concept. Too bad it looks like such a BORING game. Virtual mining? Why not have virtual dish washing?
Nachtwind (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:07:53 PM

Virtual Dishwashing.. nice idea indeed...

May look a bit boring, but to be honest - should i add explosions to it? Some pirates maybe?

The thing is that VM is basically a game where users should be able to make money by creating their own virtual crypto currencies, not more not less.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:34:48 AM

okay your site doesnt seem to be working at all. My miners havent been mining and I have been trying to get something done but you dont seem to respond to any messages or nothing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: