Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:03:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There is nothing funny in The DAO "attack"  (Read 6114 times)
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 10:27:31 AM

If the miners decide to reverse this theft then maybe it will demonstrate that in this industry financial theft and fraud can be reversed through consensus.

Maybe there is a silver lining in all of this.

In the centralised system, this has been reversed many many times, the crminal proceeds have been returned to the victim before.
Then that means we've all been living in cloud cuckooland with that term 'decentralized', as crypto miners will always mean that cryptos are centralized through them.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 10:59:48 AM

I believe that there are a lot of "ordinary" people from the masses, which bought ETH and DAO at a higher prices. These people deserve our sympathy, because its bad in general to laugh on the other's misfortune....

EDIT: We must first build a better community in order to have a better "crypto-world". So stop with the hate at least in such circumstances...

StinkyLover

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:09:02 AM

EDIT: We must first build a better community in order to have a better "crypto-world". So stop with the hate at least in such circumstances...

This will never happen.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:20:32 AM

I believe that there are a lot of "ordinary" people from the masses, which bought ETH and DAO at a higher prices. These people deserve our sympathy, because its bad in general to laugh on the other's misfortune....

A good sentiment indeed ...

Still ... Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, ... Day-o (Banana Boat Song)

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQXVHITd1N4

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:34:27 AM

you can't build a better community with greedy people. e.g. almost everything here (btctalk) is about making profit.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:38:07 AM

This will never happen.

you can't build a better community with greedy people. e.g. almost everything here (btctalk) is about making profit.

It is extremely hard, but it's possible. Believe me, I know...

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:50:43 AM

This will never happen.

It is extremely hard, but it's possible. Believe me, I know...

then tell me please about these communities. i would like to join one of them. because sometimes it is really annoying to see all the trading topics here. or maybe i am just reading the wrong subs.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:56:02 AM

then tell me please about these communities. i would like to join one of them. because sometimes it is really annoying to see all the trading topics here. or maybe i am just reading the wrong subs.

It may sound like advertisement, and here is not the place (thread) to talk about that, but I am part of a team/community with 12 people from 10 different countries. I have them all on Facebook, Telegram and Twitter, and I can vouch for any of them. It took us more than 2 years, but it is possible.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:20:42 PM

I feel your pain and it's divine  Cool

If my prayers to Satan are answered there will be more loss.
I don't feel sorry for greedy scumbags who ruined crypto to begin with.
All these sleaze balls fucked up our scene by supporting shit for profit.
No i don't feel sorry for them no matter their level of stupidity or greed.
And sorry playing dumb is not going to cut it.

Turning this entire scene into a massive corrupt shitcoins scammy ICO fest
is far worse them a bunch of greedy faggots losing their money.
Fuck 'em !

Drown you little assholes.

I lick your tears and "get off" on your misery  Cool

You fuck up the crypto scene then want me to feel sorry for you when karma bites you in the ass ?

Play dumb more innocent poor little ICO scam investards.

FUD first & ask questions later™
MySecondCunt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:45:01 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 12:59:36 PM by MySecondCunt

I believe that Ethereum should pay for that mistake, because they gathered hundreds of millions from the masses and now they want people to solve their problem.

Could you describe the mistake you're talking about? What, exactly, did Etherium do wrong? Create a hammer that doesn't prevent you from smashing your thumb?
You might have a case with suck.it (or whatever, the The[lol]DAO creator), but how does Etherium play into this?
BTW, how can you possibly not think this is frikin' hilarious?

If these "masses" were trying to save kittens and feed stray puppies, you'd have somewhat of a point. In reality, these were ignorant opportunists, blinded by unchecked greed, who, in hopes of making an easy buck, "invested" in shit they didn't understand & got pwnt.
This is *exactly* how the free market works, exactly how the invisible hand punishes stupid people for doing stupid shit.
Stupid actions have bad consequences, that's how stupid people learn to not do stupid shit. Take away the punishment, and you break the feedback loop of aversion formation, Nature's own Pavlovian conditioning.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:46:12 PM

Could you describe the mistake you're talking about? What, exactly, did Etherium do wrong?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.msg15291910#msg15291910
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:48:17 PM

There's nothing funny about treating the blockchain like a business with centralized investors.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
StinkyLover

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:58:42 PM

As long as you're aware that you will also share in those losses then it's all good.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:00:14 PM

As long as you're aware that you will also share in those losses then it's all good.

Incorrect! Techno-anarchism is all about increasing degrees-of-freedom.

So you promulgate that TBTF lie and manipulation. Do you work for Goldman Sachs?
StinkyLover

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:01:24 PM

So you promulgate that TBTF lie and manipulation. Do you work for Goldman Sachs?

Say what you will. If crypto dies then every bag shall be a bag of shit.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:03:00 PM

Crypto won't die you pussy.

It will anneal and get stronger and more decentralized. The centralized clusterfucks will die.
MySecondCunt

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:03:28 PM

Could you describe the mistake you're talking about? What, exactly, did Etherium do wrong?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.msg15291910#msg15291910

Any way I could get a concise answer, without having to read through all the (possibly recursive) self-quoting?
StinkyLover

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:05:45 PM

It will anneal and get stronger and more decentralized. The centralized clusterfucks will die.

I hear that. Then there is hope for the future, you sodden TPTB prick! Cheesy
MySecondCunt

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:09:07 PM

"Increasing degrees-of-freedom" also tends to increase the possibility of accidentally your life.
OP feels that Etherium allowed too much freedom, by providing a hammer sans thumb guard. And, therefore, should reimburse the "masses" who smashed their thumbs.

"Increasing degrees-of-freedom" sounds all hippy and liberating, until you realize that life is all about *DECREASING* "degrees-of-freedom." The bearings in my car's wheels dogmatically limit the wheel's "degrees-of-freedom," making it rotate in one plane & remain at a specific spot in space rel. the rest of my car.
That's why my car remains useful, and wheels don't roll away, steer me into a tree, or turn into pink aardvarks & start composing Aburdist literature.
iamnotback

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:17:55 PM

I hear that. Then there is hope for the future, you sodden TPTB prick! Cheesy

<joke>Lol, you stinky brown nose.</joke>  Cheesy

No animosity between us at all. Carry on.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: