Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:01:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone have sent me btc by accident i think  (Read 2417 times)
andreld (OP)

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 09:44:49 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2016, 01:52:55 PM by andreld

Hello,

I just opened some wallet i not used for a month now.
Here is the strange story now:
I got 0.5 btc on the date of may 5 this year.
But i have no clue from who and even why because i know 100% all my transactions and i would 100% not forget a such large amount.
Now belive it or not but it's not my money and i would like to return it to the sender but the wallet he used to send it from seems like some exchanger to me.

Anyway i can find the original sender?

merelcoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:49:07 AM

Hello,

But i have no clue from who and even why because i know 100% all my transactions and i would 100% not forget a such large amount.
Now belive it or not but it's not my money and i would like to return it to the sender but the wallet he used to send it from seems like some exchanger to me.

Maybe you can post the tx id here, that way we can have a look.
It might not be a good idear to just refund the coins to the sending address, since, like you said: it might be an exchange or a mixing service and not the original owner.

In any case: if you post the tx id here, together with the input addresses and the output address and publicly state you'll refund the coins in case somebody can proof he's the original owner (preferably by posting a message signed with one of the input addresses), you did you civil duty Smiley.

I always find it heartwarming if somebody is doing the right thing!
andreld (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 09:57:05 AM

Sure here is the txid in question :

https://blockchain.info/tx/699c2aeafd4efae43a91b9955c87178bd1cb08fb70c3e8b616ac4978e25e8c0f

Please note i moved them now to another wallet because the one i found the coins where on my ipad and i am about to format it.

If the original sender can proof the ownership i refund it!

If no one claims it for 30 days, i will donate it to some charity (i will proof i really did donate it)

Again it's not my money and i see no reason to keep it!

merelcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 09:59:18 AM

Sure here is the txid in question :

https://blockchain.info/tx/699c2aeafd4efae43a91b9955c87178bd1cb08fb70c3e8b616ac4978e25e8c0f

Please note i moved them now to another wallet because the one i found the coins where on my ipad and i am about to format it.

If the original sender can proof the ownership i refund it!

If no one claims it for 30 days, i will donate it to some charity (i will proof i really did donate it)

Again it's not my money and i see no reason to keep it!

Quoted, and in order to help the original owner find this thread:
the inputs from the transaction came from 12CGV1ScsKFkGKr2y5MAZfiwfr1wV1Kc6H the outputs of the transaction went to 18SS5BMvK4dpRGVEAtCLAUix2kvd7aeSx7  and 19nhJiDsovs3CfQ4F4Dj6u5m9CPHYUQK3B

This way, the orignal owner might be able to find this thread when he punches in his address Wink I already used the searchfunction and did a quick google search, couldn't find anybody claiming the coins... https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/000001e522b362b7/addresses shows this address being part of a very active (and big) wallet... maybe somebody will know whose wallet this is.

The sending address already has 277 transactions, and it has received over 100BTC, so the original owner might not even know he misplaced this 0.5BTC
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 10:05:04 AM

Grin lucky you.
Its very admirable the you want to give those bits back but there is a thing:
its not like you found this laying on the street, nobody lost those BTC by accident,
some foolish user just sent you those coins, series of sane decisions where made
for that transaction, many confirmations etc. If somebody transferring money with a blindfold, on random than he is not worthy of having them.
You should keep them IMO.  

lets make it google friendly

12CGV1ScsKFkGKr2y5MAZfiwfr1wV1Kc6H to owner of this address, your coins are here.
Thanks to decency of adreld you can still get them back.

12CGV1ScsKFkGKr2y5MAZfiwfr1wV1Kc6H I lost my bitcoins.

12CGV1ScsKFkGKr2y5MAZfiwfr1wV1Kc6H bad transaction.

12CGV1ScsKFkGKr2y5MAZfiwfr1wV1Kc6H wrong dress, what to do?

18SS5BMvK4dpRGVEAtCLAUix2kvd7aeSx7 mistake send bitcoins help  

andreld (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 10:07:52 AM

Grin lucky you.
Its very admirable the you want to give those bits back but there is a thing:
its not like you found this laying on the street, nobody lost those BTC by accident,
some foolish user just sent you those coins, series of sane decisions where made
for that transaction, many confirmations etc. If somebody transferring money with a blindfold, on random than he is not worthy of having them.
You should keep them IMO.  

lets make it google friendly

12CGV1ScsKFkGKr2y5MAZfiwfr1wV1Kc6H to owner of this address, your coins are here.
Thanks to decency of adreld you can still get them back.

12CGV1ScsKFkGKr2y5MAZfiwfr1wV1Kc6H I lost my bitcoins.

12CGV1ScsKFkGKr2y5MAZfiwfr1wV1Kc6H bad transaction.

12CGV1ScsKFkGKr2y5MAZfiwfr1wV1Kc6H wrong dress, what to do?

18SS5BMvK4dpRGVEAtCLAUix2kvd7aeSx7 mistake send bitcoins help  

What is very strange is the fact he have a lot transactions in the same ammount range .5 - .51 or .55

However it's not my money and i would be happy myself if i got this back.
Ok if it's now 5 bucks i would say he will not die for this but hey it's still some cash!
And it's not my money as i said i can not keep this

TyfrTR

Activity: 312
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:38:06 AM

At first, I really appreciate your honesty. Your wish to give back those bits should be congratulated.

This way, the orignal owner might be able to find this thread when he punches in his address Wink I already used the searchfunction and did a quick google search, couldn't find anybody claiming the coins... https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/000001e522b362b7/addresses shows this address being part of a very active (and big) wallet... maybe somebody will know whose wallet this is.

I think that 0.5 BTC came from a HYIP or Betting (Gambling) site's owner. We should try to keep this topic active, then maybe that adress's owner will contact tou you.
bitkilo
Legendary

Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:54:41 AM

I would probably say keep it too useless someone who can prove it was them replies to this thread within say 1 month.

Looking at the transaction its almost impossible to know who sent it,  unless u send a small transaction back to those sending addresses with a note attched explaining what happened but then you would be flooded with people saying its them without proof.

You could always give it to a charity, Ross had a shit day today in court today and throughout his whole trial so i would give it to the freeross.org appeal.

andreld (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:01:18 PM

I would probably say keep it too useless someone who can prove it was them replies to this thread within say 1 month.

Looking at the transaction its almost impossible to know who sent it,  unless u send a small transaction back to those sending addresses with a note attched explaining what happened but then you would be flooded with people saying its them without proof.

You could always give it to a charity, Ross had a shit day today in court today and throughout his whole trial so i would give it to the freeross.org appeal.

Honestly of course i would not say no to keep it!
But i would be called a scammer maybe for this?
And the fact that the money is not mine makes me a bad feeling to keep it just like this hence i made this public

merelcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:11:35 PM

And the fact that the money is not mine makes me a bad feeling to keep it just like this hence i made this public

I think as long as you did a reasonable effort in trying to find the original owner, nobody will call you a scammer.
You could always just leave this thread online, maybe open a similar thread on reddit, and afterwards keep the BTC. In case somebody ever comes foreward and is able to conclusivly prove they're the real owner, you can still send them 0.5BTC from your own wallet as a refund.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:14:58 PM

Stop lying and sign a message from the same wallet or the wallet where you moved your coins containing 0.50 Bitcoins.Signed message or it never happened.I see this as a shady way for earning trust around the forum.
andreld (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:22:20 PM

Stop lying and sign a message from the same wallet or the wallet where you moved your coins containing 0.50 Bitcoins.Signed message or it never happened.I see this as a shady way for earning trust around the forum.

Spamming for your 5 cent signature?

bitkilo
Legendary

Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:25:19 PM

If you are sending bitcoins to someone then unless it's a charity or gambling site the receiver will always be expecting thise coins, if the coins are not received then they will be asking the sender for the tx to find out what happened.
If it is discovered that the bitcoins were sent to the wrong address the the original sender would most likely send a small follow up transaction with a note asking for return of his misplaced coins.

andreld (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:26:01 PM

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Signed message today it's 20 June 2016
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Version: Bitcoin-qt (1.0)
Address: 1GWLXeBoB9Fa5D6Cqd31HxSHz2jEMVW9iE

H/602hQ7qn6TfmUKaR1KrDjY8l+dmGs7soIObVX9Xb8/JRoSQFL7nvRbXahnkHNyXcxOhtJatL55byZqcWhkHPw=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

merelcoin

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:29:05 PM

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Signed message today it's 20 June 2016
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Version: Bitcoin-qt (1.0)
Address: 1GWLXeBoB9Fa5D6Cqd31HxSHz2jEMVW9iE

H/602hQ7qn6TfmUKaR1KrDjY8l+dmGs7soIObVX9Xb8/JRoSQFL7nvRbXahnkHNyXcxOhtJatL55byZqcWhkHPw=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

Quoted, verified with electrum 2.6.4 and verified to be the address where the coins were moved to in transaction 5147646a0a006b13e1ff1f90a9c7fef36aae15e50a73dc4cceeb89d7d799d87e
Everything seems to be consistent with the story in the OP Smiley
andreld (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:32:24 PM

Quote from: Joel_Jantsen link=topic=151954w9.msg15291713#msg15291713 date=1466424898

And trust for what?!
Why in the world anyone should trust someone for this?
This is nothing about trust but about being honest!
I would even post this for 1$.

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:53:25 PM

I think as long as you did a reasonable effort in trying to find the original owner, nobody will call you a scammer.
You could always just leave this thread online, maybe open a similar thread on reddit, and afterwards keep the BTC. In case somebody ever comes foreward and is able to conclusivly prove they're the real owner, you can still send them 0.5BTC from your own wallet as a refund.
I agree. If you really received this amount by mistake and do such effort in finding the owner here in the forum, no need to worry. Two thumbs up for your kindness. I know bitcoin users were aware that bitcoin transactions are irreversible, but I still do hope that the person who sent it still find ways, so that he will know that he can get his money back as long as he has proof.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:00:19 PM

I woder if this is true or not. Cheesy

You could be as childish as you can get based on what you did to me and now I doubt if you can even post something that is true.
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1510978.msg15200480#msg15200480
andreld (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 01:11:48 PM

I woder if this is true or not. Cheesy

You could be as childish as you can get based on what you did to me and now I doubt if you can even post something that is true.
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1510978.msg15200480#msg15200480

Go and help to fake documents and sms verifications Smiley

yhansky

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 01:17:58 PM

Hello,

If no one claims can you make a game and give it to the winner.
0.5 btc is a lot of money for me.. and i am saving just to reach that amount .
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: