Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:34:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase multisig vault - bug unable to withdraw?  (Read 977 times)
jacobmayes94 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 11:55:54 AM

I have been trying for two weeks to withdraw my £1500 in bitcoins from my multisig vault. Trying to do the entire balance lead to the vault not giving me the option to enter my passphrase. It would stick on 'this withdrawal is being generated' I slowly reduced the amount until it let me withdraw 0.7 BTC. Then all of a sudden my vault balance only showed 0.03 BTC when there was more in the vault!

I have been trying for a week to get a response from coinbase  support. In the end, I just used my vault backup user key and shared key and recovery tool to get the funds out myself. I do not know if I have stumbled upon a bug. I tried many different machines, different browsers and OS and could not get to the passphrase window unless I entered a small enough amount. In the end lack of support lead to me using my user key and shared key that I had on paper to move coins out of the vault. I do have screenshots of my attempts to withdraw.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:59:54 AM

Here's a small list:
1) Don't use Coinbase.
2) Service discussion threads should be in service discussion.
3) Nobody can really tell you here what the problem is. Coinbase has the answer.

As I don't use Coinbase myself (staying away from them is the smarter decision), I'm not aware of their support services (e.g. Bitstamp has great support IMO). Are they really that bad, i.e. they ignore you for a while?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
willy_00

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Age does not limit my ability

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 12:27:50 PM

Here's a small list:
1) Don't use Coinbase.
2) Service discussion threads should be in service discussion.
3) Nobody can really tell you here what the problem is. Coinbase has the answer.

As I don't use Coinbase myself (staying away from them is the smarter decision), I'm not aware of their support services (e.g. Bitstamp has great support IMO). Are they really that bad, i.e. they ignore you for a while?
I use coinbase is it legit or a scam?

Why should I stop using coinbase? may I know the reason

Hello, nothing much here
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 12:34:22 PM

I use coinbase is it legit or a scam?
It is "legit" but has too many ties to banks and regulations. I've seen a lot of people complain about their service though.

Why should I stop using coinbase? may I know the reason
The OP has answered this simply: Once you have a "big problem", the support just ignores you for quite some time. Horrible customer service.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:45:27 PM

After waiting I kind of got fed up and used the user key and shared key to get the coins out, I freaked out when their system showed I had nothing in it...

Jacob
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:18:03 PM

Even being web wallet i still trust blockchain.info, even coinbase doesn't support buying and selling bitcoin in my country i found them same like paypal having lots of restrictions in operation due to different ties to banks and regulation.

I am also using electrum as i have heard somewhere they work much like decentralized web wallet as private key never leaves our computer (still have to learn more).
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 07:57:23 PM

I've seen little coinbase glitches before, in fact, sometimes their wallet doesn't even broadcast the transaction to the mempool. Eventually their support will make good on the issue at some point. I think the biggest issue right now is KYC (know your customer) regulations in the US with FINRA and such. I kept having to continue to prove my identity over and over and finally just got tired of it and moved on. They're still a legitimate service though, just a complicated one to deal with. Rule #1 when using coinbase is: be patient. Rule #2 is see Rule 1  Cool
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 05:54:53 AM

don't worry you may not be the only who is experiencing and facing that problem there are so many people that are complaining and blaming coinbase because of that issue and i think coinbase and actually having a problem on their wallet wether it is web based or an android app .
taino

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:23:33 PM

Coinbase has loads of issues nowadays.

For example: I can't buy/sell bitcoin because it says my account is not complete. (In reality my account is verified and complete, and the issue came up after a Euro SEPA deposit. And now they want me to send a small amount again to verify my bank details) For almost 3 weeks now waiting for the support to fix the bug. (If it's a bug). After more than a week they asked me to send some screenshots.

In my father's account: after sending some coins to a BTC address he wanted to initiate another transfer but after confirming the details there is an error message saying he has to set a payment option to his account before being able to transfer BTC. That's ridiculous.

On the other hand Coinbase is simple and works well when it works but now unfortunately it's useless until they don't fix it, so I moved all my coins to another place.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 10:38:14 PM

Do you have your keys and passphrase backed up somewhere? If so then you can withdraw using these tools:
https://github.com/coinbase/multisig-tool
http://coinbase.github.io/multisig-tool/
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:05:35 PM

Never heard that coinbase has multi sig vault.. honestly i tried this vault and its good for those who want to wait for years before you can realease your bitcoin but these days i experience worst problem about coinbase and it takes 1 week before they resolve the issue.. many people here are complaining about pending bug in coinbase that i experience also.. better to contact them and i think they can help you but it takes a long week before they can resolve the issue.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 10:38:07 PM

Do you have your keys and passphrase backed up somewhere? If so then you can withdraw using these tools:
https://github.com/coinbase/multisig-tool
http://coinbase.github.io/multisig-tool/

Yeah, i knew my passphrase from memory despite its long and random nature i learn them well; and i had the user key backed up so moved them that way. The paper backup you print out from the vault and the multisig recovery tool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: