Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:18:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BATL] Battlestars coin information thread - Now on Yobit exchange  (Read 14638 times)
T3CLtd

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 03:55:29 PM

I have had my wallet staking almost 24/7 since it was released. 

Have you been regularly consolidating the outputs in coin control (assuming you have coin control enabled in preferences)?

If not, can you check and post what transaction count you have in send>inputs

If anybody else has been staking regularly please do let us know what numbers you currently have for transaction inputs and if you consolidate them occasionally or not.

boacw

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 07:01:24 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2016, 08:19:08 PM by boacw

I have had my wallet staking almost 24/7 since it was released.  
Have you been regularly consolidating the outputs in coin control (assuming you have coin control enabled in preferences)?

What does this mean: "consolidating the outputs"?
And what is "coin control"?
What daemon command is matching this preference? I don't see anything looking like this using "battlestarcoind help"...

If not, can you check and post what transaction count you have in send>inputs

Again, what daemon command is matching this?

If anybody else has been staking regularly please do let us know what numbers you currently have for transaction inputs and if you consolidate them occasionally or not.

I'm staking 24/7 from the begining too and did nothing else than staking.
Should I have "consolidate"? How?
T3CLtd

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 06:23:30 AM

Consolidation is the process of sending multiple inputs as a single output back to yourself.

Most PoS coins suffer from the problem of excessive inputs being created as the staking process splits up the address balance over and over again and the staking amounts become smaller.

In time you can end up with thousands of inputs which can cause a send to fail because the transaction size in bytes becomes too large.

Coin Control is an optional check box under preference which, once ticked, will show a button labelled 'inputs' on the send screen. This opens up another screen showing all the input transactions which make up the balance for that address. If you were to send the balance back to yourself the number of inputs returns to one.

If the number of inputs is excessive and you try and process a send which fails you need to reduce the number of inputs which the transaction consists of. This is done by selecting a batch of inputs manually and sending the amount of coins they add up to, which will be displayed when you have selected them and then clicked on the OK button in that screen. The Send screen will show you the details automatically based on the number of inputs you have selected. If you send the total amount it shows for that selection of inputs then they will all be sent and consolidated into the one input as I described.

As for trying to accomplish the same thing through battlestarcoind, I wouldn't know unfortunately. I'll ask the dev if he can help.

boacw

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 06:12:05 PM

Consolidation is the process of sending multiple inputs as a single output back to yourself.

Most PoS coins suffer from the problem of excessive inputs being created as the staking process splits up the address balance over and over again and the staking amounts become smaller.

In time you can end up with thousands of inputs which can cause a send to fail because the transaction size in bytes becomes too large.

Coin Control is an optional check box under preference which, once ticked, will show a button labelled 'inputs' on the send screen. This opens up another screen showing all the input transactions which make up the balance for that address. If you were to send the balance back to yourself the number of inputs returns to one.

If the number of inputs is excessive and you try and process a send which fails you need to reduce the number of inputs which the transaction consists of. This is done by selecting a batch of inputs manually and sending the amount of coins they add up to, which will be displayed when you have selected them and then clicked on the OK button in that screen. The Send screen will show you the details automatically based on the number of inputs you have selected. If you send the total amount it shows for that selection of inputs then they will all be sent and consolidated into the one input as I described.

As for trying to accomplish the same thing through battlestarcoind, I wouldn't know unfortunately. I'll ask the dev if he can help.
Thank you very much for these explanations :-)
Waiting for the answers for battlestarcoind, as it runs on a debian "Xless" and headless server...
T3CLtd

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 07:16:53 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 09:15:57 AM by T3CLtd

Waiting for the answers for battlestarcoind, as it runs on a debian "Xless" and headless server...

I spoke with the dev and the coin control functionality only exists within the qt wallet, which is what I suspected.

Another way to consolidate, if you can't select the inputs, is to try sending a transaction back to yourself for the largest coin amount it will successfully process.

I imagine the most efficient method is if you start by doing a send for half of your balance and, if it fails, reducing it by half again until a transaction does get processed. Although it occurs to me that if you then follow that with another send for the same amount it will simply use the same single input that just arrived from the first transaction. So I think you'll need to increase each subsequent send by slightly less than the sum of (the previous successful transaction)+(the amount that first one was for)

E.G.

If you can send a maximum of 1000BATL in that first transaction you send to yourself, then the second transaction should be for slightly less than 2000BATL and the third one for slightly less than 3000BATL etc. etc.

Let us know how you get on.
Rageee

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:20:34 PM

My inputs are currently around 124 BATL and I have not noticed any issues yet.

Rageee

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 10:46:47 AM

Well scratch that. I have over 30k inputs and the biggest amount I can send is 750k BATL.

So to have function that would limit the size is surely needed or automatically consolidate.

Time to tidy up.
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:31:12 AM

Well scratch that. I have over 30k inputs and the biggest amount I can send is 750k BATL.

So to have function that would limit the size is surely needed or automatically consolidate.

Time to tidy up.

@T3CLtd any thoughts regarding if BATL will be listed on poloniex or even bittrex?
T3CLtd

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 12:16:26 PM

@T3CLtd any thoughts regarding if BATL will be listed on poloniex or even bittrex?

Bittrex asked if we could explain more about my company's app under development to ensure that the outcome of the collaboration with BATL isn't to release an inappropriate or illegal platform, so an NDA is being signed in order to do so.

Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 12:41:30 PM

This coin should really be backed by a space shooting game. Come on guys !!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
_Django05_

Activity: 403
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 01:03:29 PM

Seems a bit interesting.

Keep an eye on this.

Rageee

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:52:51 AM

Staking has certainly gone up lately.

A third of the coins being staked at the moment.

I guess the time of constantly getting rewarded is over Smiley
boacw

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 07:05:09 PM

Where's BATL explorer gone?
http://batlexplorer.bitstarcoin.com/batl/
T3CLtd

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 08:56:25 AM

It's up and running, dev moved it over the weekend to a dedicated server to improve the performance.

FiliOrangGila

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 09:52:08 AM

any bounty dev
facebook campaign twitter campaign signature campaign
translator
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 10:08:42 AM

It's up and running, dev moved it over the weekend to a dedicated server to improve the performance.

nice to see its back let check it again now guys, keep it up dev good luck.
boacw

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 06:34:50 PM

Thank you for the answer :-)
Mark81

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:16:21 AM

I spoke with the dev and the coin control functionality only exists within the qt wallet, which is what I suspected.

Another way to consolidate, if you can't select the inputs, is to try sending a transaction back to yourself for the largest coin amount it will successfully process.

I imagine the most efficient method is if you start by doing a send for half of your balance and, if it fails, reducing it by half again until a transaction does get processed. Although it occurs to me that if you then follow that with another send for the same amount it will simply use the same single input that just arrived from the first transaction. So I think you'll need to increase each subsequent send by slightly less than the sum of (the previous successful transaction)+(the amount that first one was for)

E.G.

If you can send a maximum of 1000BATL in that first transaction you send to yourself, then the second transaction should be for slightly less than 2000BATL and the third one for slightly less than 3000BATL etc. etc.

Let us know how you get on.

For everyone that has issues combining inputs on batl:

Combining input manually on pos wallets is pain in ass if you have not keep up those down from growing in time. My situtation is like that and have over 40000 inputs on wallet. As you know you can manually select approx. 500 inputs per transaction. So I decided to find alternative solution to Space+Down keycombo. I found program called AutoHotKey. That allows user to create script files to be runned on certain situtation.  So I created script file that is called by pressing Alt+q. When keys are pressed script check current active window if it is named as Coin Control (this window name check purpose is to prevent illegal operation on other windows and programs and must be localized for different wallet language).
After if window name check passes it send 492 keykombos to that window by selecting inputs. User has to make sure that he/she selects first available input from where script is run downwards. And also makes sure that there is 492 selectable inputs on same address. I made also keycombo Shift+Alt+W that reverts selections upwards. If you are intrested on this please let me know.
T3CLtd

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 10:28:27 AM

I found program called AutoHotKey.

I can confirm that little tool works really well for the task, having used it myself.

Exchange-wise we are pleased to announce that the next release of the decentralised exchange Bitsquare.io will be including BATL. I recommend people download the current Bitsquare client to familiarise yourself with it. Having a decentralised trading functionality will be a great way for a market to develop outside of the usual risks associated with centralised exchanges.

Their forum thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647457.0

Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2450
Merit: 693

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 07:51:41 AM

The latest release of the decentralised bitsquare exchange was posted yesterday and includes Battlestars.

Please download and let us know what you think of this platform.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: