Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antanas Guoga offers Nigel Farage €1 million bet on UK referendum :)  (Read 256 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 02:35:09 PM

Now that's something interesting. Smiley

"MEP offers Nigel Farage €1 million bet on UK referendum. If Farage accepts and the Leave campaign wins, Antanas Guoga will donate €1 million to the charity of Farage’s choice, and vice versa if Remain wins. Antanas Guoga, a Lithuanian MEP better known as the former poker champion “Tony G,” challenged Brexit campaigner Nigel Farage to a €1 million bet Monday on the outcome of the U.K.’s EU referendum. Guoga, a multi-millionaire from his poker-playing days and his subsequent online poker empire, has seized on a recent Farage stunt of betting £1,000 on Brexit, and is upping the stakes a thousand-fold. In a letter to Farage offering the bet, provided to POLITICO, Guoga wrote: “I am so confident that the British people will do the right thing and vote to remain in the EU that I offer a €1 million charity bet to you on Leave! Current betting odds have Remain ahead of the Leave campaign, while opinion polls put the campaigns in a dead heat. Guoga said he is a “huge advocate for EU reform.”

In the letter, Guoga wrote: “Don’t leave Europe to Germany and France. That would be a pity for markets, businesses, researchers, innovators, entrepreneurs and creators worldwide. Also, I wouldn’t like Putin to raise a toast to Brexit,” adding that “I think that the biggest winner in Britain leaving the EU would be Russia and I don’t feel safe about it observing what is happening in Europe.”

Source: http://www.politico.eu/article/nigel-farage-e1-million-bet-on-uk-referendum-brexit-antanas-guoga/

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 06:10:27 PM

I doubt farage has the balls for it. They are already throwing out the craziest conspiracy theories to explain the changing polls.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌