Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:45:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING scammer r0ach now shilling for the Monero hoax  (Read 7338 times)
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:17:12 AM

How nice everyone is friends now.  No need to worry about baseless accusations or name calling.  

Luckily I can take my own advice.

And I don't understand why it matters what people on the internet say... really. Every alt coin and Bitcoin itself has a bunch of cheerleaders and detractors.

It is what it is.

Nothing to get your panties in a wad over in my opinion.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:58:17 AM

How nice everyone is friends now.  No need to worry about baseless accusations or name calling.

As if the Monero community never called me derogatory names and made baseless accusations against my reputation.

When I made a statement about the Monero community, it wasn't a personal attack on you.

When I wrote that you are a "hypocrite", it was a factual statement because you advocated that your community can't (or shouldn't) apply censorship, yet you do in your Monero Speculation thread and besides I wasn't asking your community to censor. I rather suggested to your community you might want to tell this rabid dog to fuck off, because he continues driving your community reputation into the dirt:

Dash has no plan for a dynamic blocksize; hardforking is required every single time it is adjusted up or down.

Here we go again.  Roll Eyes

Put that information in your thread. You don't need to chase every coin thread on the forum to create flame wars. If DASH initiates that shit, we who matter will ignore them.

Are you that afraid that no one will bother to notice the feature, because maybe that feature isn't the first priority for everyone.

What matters in the end is your community and your adoption. If your project can't generate that without attacking other coins, then that says something about your coin's importance.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:02:43 AM

As if the Monero community never called me derogatory names and made baseless accusations against my reputation.

It didn't. Individuals may have.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:05:22 AM

It didn't. Individuals may have.

Are you that clueless about marketing and reality of human grievances to use that logical twist as an invalid retort (yeah it is logical to an idealist nerd but who cares). Then you'll never get any where. At least Linus understood and he created greatness.

Power of unstoppable (leaderless) organizations to self-destruct

Leadership is absolutely essential. If you guys are under some idealistic delusion of forsaking leadership, then now you see why it doesn't work.

Maybe we might obtain a protocol which is leaderless, but we don't have it yet. And for sure, community project development and marketing can't be leaderless. When it becomes so ubiquitous that it no longer has a leader, then you've already won. But you've got to walk, then run, then sprint before you're flying.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 03:12:47 AM

As if the Monero community never called me names.

When I made a statement about the Monero community, it wasn't a personal attack on you.

When I wrote that you are a "hypocrite", it was a factual statement because you advocated that your community can't (or shouldn't) apply censorship, yet you do in your Monero Speculation thread and besides I wasn't asking your community to censor. I rather suggested to your community you might want to tell this rabid dog to fuck off, because he continues driving your community reputation into the dirt:

Dash has no plan for a dynamic blocksize; hardforking is required every single time it is adjusted up or down.

Here we go again.  Roll Eyes

Put that information in your thread. You don't need to chase every coin thread on the forum to create flame wars.

Are you that afraid that no one will bother to notice the feature, because maybe that feature isn't important to everyone.

What matters in the end is your community and your adoption. If your project can't generate that without attacking other coins, then that says something about your coin's importance.

To be fair, if you had a coin and were acting as you do now, you'd be driving it's reputation into the dirt by your own standard--namely name calling and criticizing coins other than your own is the mark of a bad or unimportant  coin. I almost think you don't want to create your coin as it allows you to play back-seat developer to other coin developer's decisions. It's a FOSS project, and hopefully, no one will ever be reigning anyone in as it is likely a waste of time and would be a case of developers trying to use their position to bully the message. But by all means, develop your coin and show everyone how it is done if you think Monero or Bitcoin can't live up to your expectations. I don't mind the technical arguments, but you and icebreaker going back and forth on who REKT or PWND whom is like listening to two boys argue over whos dad would win in a fight.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:21:13 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 03:33:33 AM by iamnotback

To be fair, if you had a coin and were acting as you do now, you'd be driving it's reputation into the dirt by your own standard--namely name calling and criticizing coins other than your own is the mark of a bad or unimportant  coin.

Agreed I would be. But I don't have a coin.

But again, I was only responding to r0ach telling everyone that Monero was the only worthy altcoin and his allegation that Z(ero)cash will suck in every way compared to Monero.

Don't forget why I posted in this thread. If r0ach didn't do that, I wouldn't have posted any thing about Monero.

It's a FOSS project, and hopefully, no one will ever be reigning anyone in as it is likely a waste of time and would be a case of developers trying to use their position to bully the message.

First of all, the inventor of the term "open source" says to please stop using that term "FOSS" because it was created by an academic as weasel word.

Feel free to not reign anyone in and fuck your/Monero's marketing. It is your community (and also a personal affiliation) choice. I am not the only one who gave this feedback to Monero's community many times.

I don't mind the technical arguments, but you and icebreaker going back and forth on who REKT or PWND whom is like listening to two boys argue over whos dad would win in a fight.

If you can't see he instigated that and continued that even as I tried to cut him off, then I don't know how else to get you to understand the definition of disingenuous.

I responded to him in his own language of slum, because that is the only language he understands. When speaking to baboons, we must grunt and thump our chests, otherwise they won't have any clue we are communicating.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:21:51 AM

I am not the monero community.

THIS WAS a personal attack on me. You called ME a hypocrite.  I don't actually give a crap because it is baseless nonsense. Especially since I did not start the thread you are talking about, and have absolutely nothing to do with it's moderation.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:22:50 AM

THIS WAS a personal attack on me. You called ME a hypocrite.  I don't actually give a crap because it is baseless nonsense. Especially since I did not start the thread you are talking about, and have absolutely nothing to do with it's moderation.

I made a factual statement, as I already explained to you.

Look how you Monero weasels weasel. No culpability for your actions whatsoever.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:25:06 AM

Furthermore, moderation of a thread here is within the rules. Even you have done it. In fact you deleted one of my posts once.

It also echoes the fundamental value of free speech.

OK for some but not others?
iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:27:35 AM

Furthermore, moderation of a thread here is within the rules. Even you have done it. In fact you deleted one of my posts once.

It also echoes the fundamental value of free speech.

OK for some but not others?

Whether true or not, it is irrelevant to the point of that you made the statement of hypocrite. Because your community does have a choice whether to moderate or not moderate their threads. I never said you can't censor them. I said don't be hypocrite and tell me you never or can't censor, because in fact your community does.

Blah. Can you waste more of my time with your poor logic skills.

Lookie ma, the entire Monero brigade is here attacking me now. I'm famous. Whoop-de-do.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:28:28 AM

THIS WAS a personal attack on me. You called ME a hypocrite.  I don't actually give a crap because it is baseless nonsense. Especially since I did not start the thread you are talking about, and have absolutely nothing to do with it's moderation.

Lol, now I am not only a hypocrite, but now I am a weasel.

I can call names too.  You are being an asshole.

I will feed this silliness no further. It was fun for a moment...
iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:29:45 AM

Lol, now I am not only a hypocrite, but now I am a weasel.

I can call names too.  You are being an asshole.

I will feed this silliness no further. It was fun for a moment...

Of course you will. You Monerotards always do.

Your community will surely be attempting to attack me and take revenge at every opportunity.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 03:34:24 AM

To be fair, if you had a coin and were acting as you do now, you'd be driving it's reputation into the dirt by your own standard--namely name calling and criticizing coins other than your own is the mark of a bad or unimportant  coin.

Agreed I would be. But I don't have a coin.

But again, I was only responding to r0ach telling everyone that Monero was the only worthy altcoin and his allegation that Z(ero)cash will suck in every way compared to Monero.

Don't forget why I posted in this thread. If r0ach didn't do that, I wouldn't have posted any thing about Monero.

It's a FOSS project, and hopefully, no one will ever be reigning anyone in as it is likely a waste of time and would be a case of developers trying to use their position to bully the message.

First of all, the inventor of the term "open source" says to please stop using that term "FOSS" because it was created by an academic as weasel word.

Feel free to not reign anyone in and fuck your marketing. It is your choice.

I don't mind the technical arguments, but you and icebreaker going back and forth on who REKT or PWND whom is like listening to two boys argue over whos dad would win in a fight.

If you can't see he instigated that and continued that even as I tried to cut him off, then I don't know how else to get you to understand the definition of disingenuous.

I responded to him in his own language of slum, because that is the only language he understands. When speaking to baboons, we must grunt and thumb our chests, otherwise they won't have any clue we are communicating.

Put him on ignore--the Monero devs can't do that for you and it would be the quickest and easiest way to get him to shut up. Personally, I have no interest is arguing with baboons, especially when I can just delete their existence (within my own existence) with one click.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:35:02 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 03:49:06 AM by iamnotback

Put him on ignore

I can't (in every case) put false allegations on ignore. Be stop being disingenuous.

There may come a day (not too long from now) where I only post in my official coin thread and no where else. But that wasn't today.

And besides, Monero is getting this feedback from others. It isn't only coming from me. Whether Monero reforms or not, is not my problem. I will probably try to eventually never read anything outside of my coin's thread, so I don't know what is being said about me.

Success/zen is when you know that everything everyone is saying is entirely useless. When actual victory is attained, words become irrelevant. I am not quite there yet. Crypto currency isn't there yet. But i can assure you that those fucking their marketing will not be victorious.

Communities have a culture.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2016, 03:50:44 AM

Put him on ignore

I can't (in every case) put false allegations on ignore. Be stop being disingenuous.

There may come a day (not too long from now) where I only post in my official coin thread and no where else. But that wasn't today.

And besides, Monero is getting this feedback from others. It isn't only coming from me. Whether Monero reforms or not, is not my problem. I will probably try to eventually never read anything outside of my coin's thread, so I don't know what is being said about me.

Success/zen is when you know that everything everyone is saying is entirely useless. When actual victory is attained, words become irrelevant. I am not quite there yet. Crypto currency isn't there yet. But i can assure you that those fucking their marketing will not be victorious.

I didn't say to put every false allegation on ignore--I said put him on ignore. As you've mentioned him many times, he seems to be a particular thorn in your side. As for the feedback from others, that's mainly coins that don't like having their scammy designs revealed for the public to dissect fairly and openly (I thought you knew that--as the some of those same coin's investors have made the same claim against you, when you've criticized their design). Anyway, peace be with you and smell a few roses on the way--too many people stoop to smell the fertilizer and miss what's being fertilized.

iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 03:56:48 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2016, 04:10:36 AM by iamnotback

Put him on ignore

I didn't say to put every false allegation on ignore--I said put him on ignore. As you've mentioned it many times, it seems to be a particular thorn in your side. As for the feedback from others, that's mainly coins that don't like having their scammy designs revealed for the public to dissect fairly and openly (I thought you knew that--as the some of those same coin's investors have made the same claim against you, when you've criticized their design). Anyway, peace be with you and smell a few roses on the way--too many people stoop to smell the fertilizer and miss what's being fertilized.

This thread became about pointing out what a thorn he is to Monero's marketing. My side alone is irrelevant. It is the impact this is having on the perception of Monero amongst many on the forum. You all are free to ignore it. I believe it will destroy your marketing, but your strategists are welcome to ignore (not act upon) our complaints/feedback.

Having the Monero community as the enforcers of the altcoin forum is going to backfire on Monero in a very big way. You opened the door wide open for my (and perhaps others such as maybe IOHK's) marketing to offer a breath of fresh air and mutual respect.

Thank you Monero. Please don't reform. Please double-down on what you've been doing.

As an example, I posted today my IDEALs for crypto. This could be considered an attack on other coins, but instead I have pushed it as set of positive ideals, instead of ramming it down every coin's thread as some disrespectful "assimilate or die" enforcement. None of us like the Gestapo. Why would we be in decentralized crypto if we wanted to be overlorded on by Monero or any group (including Blockstream).

Besides you know most speculators here are looking for speculation gains and they don't really care about the fundamental technology except in respect to what they think it can generate in terms of excitement. So if you are Gestapo enforcing "scam" and technological memes, you will just be perceived to interfering with their freedom to speculate and maximize their degrees-of-freedom.
meme magic

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:27:53 AM

Theres always people that are better at posting on one single forum than someone else.

Much as IB likes posting at BTCtalk, and people say they hate him, it would still be counterproductive to spent any time on getting him to stop.

The best effort would be to come here less, and reddit or other places more.

That, imo, would be a much better tactic thats quite outwardly focused. Put your chips in many baskets. What would you miss out on by not coming here anyways? If a new CC comes out nowadays its highly publiscised anyways, and even they are avoiding coming here.

You complain that we shoot ourselves in the foot, then tell us to slap our own hand, then you call us diningenuous?

I think I like reddit, 4chan, and yahoo stock forums, etc, etc.., much better than this place now anyhow.

Anyways just thought Id stop by and say hi today, and Im glad youre all still alive Smiley
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:32:50 AM

LMAO what happened here, did Monero issue ICO and raise tens of 1000s of BTC suddenly?

Horrible trolling in the forums here. Years and years of trolling by some names (who keep coming with new names to impress themselves) in this forum while ICOs & Smart DAOs and Dumb contracts and scam scrypt clones and Bobsurpluses and NXTs siphon away BTCs from newcomers and these internet goons cant do shit about them.

If you have tons of BTCs you rule the scene. The rest is just inbred fighting going on to see who is a bigger twat.

I remember when ETH was around 0.002/3 and all the same bunch of guys creating thread after thread to diss it. It went to 0.03 and will stay around 0.02 before the next push. I bet tons of clowns stayed away from it because of all the hoopla by the gangsters and nothing happened to price wise.

Now they will make sure to burn down Monero because not one of them can publish a paper like lab.getmonero but it is easy to trash since the big BTC guys are staying away from it.

Am I spamming? Report me!
iamnotback

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:53:30 AM

Horrible trolling in the forums here.

Since when did the technical facts I presented in this thread constitute trolling.

There you Monerotards go again trolling anyone who dare speaks facts that you don't like.

You guys will never stop this crap, because it is in your community culture. It is hopeless. Please just continue what you are doing.
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:06:59 AM

Horrible trolling in the forums here.

Since when did the technical facts I presented in this thread constitute trolling.

There you Monerotards go again trolling anyone who dare speaks facts that you don't like.

You guys will never stop this crap, because it is in your community culture. It is hopeless. Please just continue what you are doing.

Facts are this: BTC whales are not interested in Monero. That's all that matters. None of your technobabble nor the getmonero lab rats.

If a scamcoin issues ICO, you peasants cant do shit. You tried you technobabble on ETH but that shit don't stink because BTC backs it.
Bobsurpluses come and go and you can eat shit.
100s of scams will come and go and you can't do shit.

You are barking up the wrong hole and I am not interested, so stop wasting my time.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: