Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:24:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading, emotions and your fine selves  (Read 1457 times)
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:46:03 PM

I can boldly say I can handle my emotions with reference to trading crypto. My secret is not to invest any amount I can't afford to lose. with this in mind, whatever bet I have on a coin is seen as a loss money. When I make profit I move on, if I lose no bad feelings.
Cliparts

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:43:45 PM

I just consider this digits on the screen as opportunity to have money.we have to analysis the market very deep and buy at the maximum low price then the market price.
It is good infect it is best to buy at cheap price, now a day it is not too high so we can buy max number of bitcoin at very affording price of 9k dollar, after buying we need to hold our emotion and never be like those who sold their coin at panic and got lose only, holding is the best choose until your see coin at maximum growth and perfect for selling at high profit, so  buy now at dip and them hold your coin with patience (trust worthy) till it become high in price never let your emotions distract you.
untugede

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:58:26 PM

I can say that I everytime was trying to handle my emotions and feelings while trading, but almost every time I fail Smiley because when the time goes to your real money that you can lose it is hard to get rid of emotions

You can handle of these emotions if you have vast experience on trading already. For newbies, its a roller coaster ride of emotions at first. Once you complete the whole trading cycle, you slowly adopt the market and emotions is slowly controlled.
most of the new traders are very difficult to be able to control their emotions, because that is in their mind is quickly get big profits, but to trade and can quickly get the benefits is not as easy as they think, of course to get all of that would take time to be able to understand and experienced in trading, so as a new trader do not obsessed first with big profits, learn to trade well and emotionally control your in trading.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Morgann

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:05:52 PM

Who here feels they have a handle on their emotions when it comes to trading or holding?

I think it's an area that many people like to feel that they've mastered, but if they saw playbacks of their actions a while down the line it would be screamingly obvious that they haven't.

To give a personal example I have a few XEMs. A few months back I was looking to consolidate all the crypto threads I had lying around so looked into selling a sizeable chunk as they'd been pretty stagnant for a while.  

Being a bit dim and easily distracted I forgot about it and so stuck around for a 20-25x rise. Had my concentration held I probably would've gotten rid of them and would now be wailing and puking. In that particular case boredom and impatience nearly got the better of me.

There are countless examples on this forum of people declaring things dead or emphatically stating that such and such price will never happen again and giving up. Same goes for people going all in at the peakiest of peaks.

Have you yourself found your emotions tripping you up or are you an emotionless trading terminator?

Your emotions can actually affect the way you are trading in the market so its better to handle your patience and always read speculations in order to make right decisions.
robertdhags

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:12:34 PM

Who here feels they have a handle on their emotions when it comes to trading or holding?

I think it's an area that many people like to feel that they've mastered, but if they saw playbacks of their actions a while down the line it would be screamingly obvious that they haven't.

To give a personal example I have a few XEMs. A few months back I was looking to consolidate all the crypto threads I had lying around so looked into selling a sizeable chunk as they'd been pretty stagnant for a while.  

Being a bit dim and easily distracted I forgot about it and so stuck around for a 20-25x rise. Had my concentration held I probably would've gotten rid of them and would now be wailing and puking. In that particular case boredom and impatience nearly got the better of me.

There are countless examples on this forum of people declaring things dead or emphatically stating that such and such price will never happen again and giving up. Same goes for people going all in at the peakiest of peaks.

Have you yourself found your emotions tripping you up or are you an emotionless trading terminator?

Your emotions can actually affect the way you are trading in the market so its better to handle your patience and always read speculations in order to make right decisions.
right while you are in a emotional stage this is really hard to take some decision cause you might take some wrong decision on it you should and must be in good emotional stage.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:48:34 AM

Thats why I try to use bots when trading. They do not have emotions. They trade depending on the market and the charts. In which case without a doubt they are better than almost all humans trading, we tend to put our emotions into trading but bots do not have emotions and they trade without any human feelings. One of the biggest reasons why bots are profitable compared to almost all humans.

There are people who are great traders and make a ton of profit trading but they are rare and more likely than not we are not like them. Hence bots give an edge over people who trade with emotions.
dekcutbusu33

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

If I think the emotion of something that can not be controlled is the main reason why I should take care of myself while trading, because this is not an easy task and I can not handle my emotions while holding but when trading is impossible for me to always stay calm.
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:03:21 AM

Holding coins is not easy emotionally. Even you dont want to stress yourself from the daily monitoring of trading, your brain cant help thinking what would be the status of your coin is. Even you dont admit it, youre still wondering everytime and tempted to see what would be the value of the coins from time to time. And also the decision whether to stop holding or not. We cant help thinking either.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:01:43 PM

Thats why I try to use bots when trading. They do not have emotions. They trade depending on the market and the charts. In which case without a doubt they are better than almost all humans trading, we tend to put our emotions into trading but bots do not have emotions and they trade without any human feelings. One of the biggest reasons why bots are profitable compared to almost all humans.

There is still a human being behind any bot which first presses the Start button and then the Stop button. Bots are useful in cases where you need fast reaction times such as arbitrage or tight buy-sell loops. But apart from that, it is still emotional trading even if the bot places the orders for you. It may help a little, but ultimately if you have a winning strategy it doesn't matter whether you trade manually or automatically (unless, as I said, response times are involved). If you can't come up with such a strategy, losses will be the same.
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:04:52 PM

Erm, but are your bots not trained to react to market conditions which are often prone to human fallibility? There seem to have been more than a few people wiped out by their bots going insane when their masters weren't looking.

I don't know much about them so I could be completely wrong.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:51:49 PM

in my opinion the worst thing in trading is to listen to other people hyping something up. it is also indirectly related to emotions in trading.

there are many people in the trading world that will always get carried away with what they read especially on this forum. for example if there is hype going on about an altcoin they will run to buy that altcoin.

Yes i agree,most investors usually depend to others analysis in short they have no self confidence  that  can cause to panic then the result is a big loss, in trading  just be yourself with your knowledge and skills you can do it,one thing to remember in this job, Dont let your emotions overtake You.
Princess04ka

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:35:25 PM

There is still a human being behind any bot which first presses the Start button and then the Stop button. Bots are useful in cases where you need fast reaction times such as arbitrage or tight buy-sell loops. But apart from that, it is still emotional trading even if the bot places the orders for you. It may help a little, but ultimately if you have a winning strategy it doesn't matter whether you trade manually or automatically (unless, as I said, response times are involved). If you can't come up with such a strategy, losses will be the same.

The Cryptomarket is changable, it is nearly unreal to program bot correct + huge competition etc
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:03:33 PM

hard to build self confidence in trading or holding , that part really what we need because we can know where our asset's will go , and when we dont have it we all just become panic buyer and seller
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:33:54 PM

Trading is not a job for weak people. If you are just a normal trader, you cant control or follow the market easily. whales and sharks always make the difficult situations and you can be confused or FUD easily. Try to prepare knowledge as much as possible. If not, you can lose your money

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 07:24:02 PM

Well, to be honest, I agree that I am really a trader with high emotions and it took me tons of efforts and almost 4 years to control my emotions when I am taking the trades. In the starting days of trading, I didn't understand what is trading and how emotions come in my way of profits, what are their causes and how it can be avoided. At last, I started preparing a total blueprint for controlling my emotions and even today sometimes I feel tough to fight against emotions when I am trading.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 331

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:24:46 PM

Erm, but are your bots not trained to react to market conditions which are often prone to human fallibility? There seem to have been more than a few people wiped out by their bots going insane when their masters weren't looking.

I don't know much about them so I could be completely wrong.
What a very wrong kind of perception for a someone do make use bots just to avoid emotion problems towards or directly with the investor or trader itself. Bots is very helpful in automating trades but there are things which cant definitely done by a bot which a certain person can able to do like sudden change of plans due to price changes. There are decisions that should really be done which bot cant able to do such thing.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:37:38 PM

Trading is not a job for weak people. If you are just a normal trader, you cant control or follow the market easily. whales and sharks always make the difficult situations and you can be confused or FUD easily. Try to prepare knowledge as much as possible. If not, you can lose your money
If you want to be successful at something then you need to out such effort to reach your destination.Trading is not for everyone but it is for the people who is willing to take risks.But don't get much interested in trading if you don't want to give much time to make money.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:50:53 PM

If you want to be successful at something then you need to out such effort to reach your destination.Trading is not for everyone but it is for the people who is willing to take risks.But don't get much interested in trading if you don't want to give much time to make money.
Somehow people really don't forget their past as a sign of how strong they were now because of that fear before that it might happen again and it might happen again if they recklessly trade with emotions. So, seeing those experiences before brings us the new they were today by not letting their emotions control of what they were doing.

Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:24:42 AM

Emotions are the essentials to human mind and conscience but for money matter some may not be mindful to this matter example if you have lots of lots of money then even if you put millions to it you will not feel anything because of your state. Your state matters when you trade however for those people that has enough money to go through their life then they can't afford to lose money when trading.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 04:09:33 AM

Emotion control is important part from trading world, if you don't have it never enter the market. If you can control your emotion it means you can still follow and obey your rules, even you fail, you only get loss in minimum number. One of the best way to control emotion is leave the market when price reach our stop loss/ take profit point and never go back again. I already do that and even sometimes still loss, my capital is grow up slowly but sure.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██