Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:29:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Cashing out of BTC before Everyone else Does or are you a BTC bagholder?  (Read 2628 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 12:07:51 PM

Markets look like someone cashed out a lot of LTC trying to stabilize BTC , but the attempt failed as BTC continues on it's downward trek.

You must be the dumbest person alive if you think BTC going down is a positive thing for your proof of stake scamcoin "zeitcoin".  Nobody on earth is ever going to use that for anything.  The best you can do is pray BTC rises and flail your arms around and say "look at me, I'm a blockchain too.  Someone mistakenly "invest" in me for no reason", then pray the BTC rise brings you a new greater fool.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 12:16:08 PM

Too late. The price is in freefall and no floor has been reached as yet.
Gotta love these attempts at spreading FUD.

Personally I think a double top is optimistic and would be looking for a 61.8 retrace to sell into (with LTC as well), and then go away until early next year . . . if there is still a market in crypto then, of course.
There is no reason for there not to be a market.

Markets look like someone cashed out a lot of LTC trying to stabilize BTC , but the attempt failed as BTC continues on it's downward trek.
You must be the dumbest person alive if you think BTC going down is a positive thing for your proof of stake scamcoin "zeitcoin".  Nobody on earth is ever going to use that for anything.  The best you can do is pray BTC rises and flail your arms around and say "look at me, I'm a blockchain too.  Someone mistakenly "invest" in me for no reason", then pray the BTC rise brings you a new greater fool.
Some people are really ignorant and foolish. They panic as the world is going to collapse as soon as the price starts correcting itself (which is what any rational mind should expect), even though it is still up over 30% in the 30 days range. Additionally, they promote these little pathetic attempts at altcoins in the hopes that it will gain adoption one day. There is definitely potential to profit in the altcoin market, but you can forget about one of these shitcoins having a nice future.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:01:00 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2016, 01:26:41 PM by HR

Personally I think a double top is optimistic and would be looking for a 61.8 retrace to sell into (with LTC as well), and then go away until early next year . . . if there is still a market in crypto then, of course.
There is no reason for there not to be a market.

A complete loss of confidence and a subsequent fall into oblivion is one reason. But yes, you're right, even then there will be a "market", escrow trading here and there would be one worse case scenario, a back to the cave scenario, but real markets with LIQUIDITY, well, that's another story. And there are tons of things that could lead to such a pessimistic reality, from what's happening now with ETH to a possible power outage with just one major miner in China that could cause the blockchain to freeze for weeks (maybe even months depending on the reaction of other miners and whether they were to completely jump ship or not), etc., etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily predicting any of this, but I am saying that those risks clearly exist and in a tongue-in-cheek manner making clear that it might be a good time to cool the euphoric jets wait for the dust to clear.

Edit: the selling is generalized http://coinmarketcap.com/ - just about everyone is getting hit and this looks very much like the beginning of an exodus, something like the opposite of what was posted here around a year ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1095434.0 We've seen a lot of money come into crypto since that time, but is there anyone who thinks that this new money is somehow not "hot", not interested in preserving itself and is here to stay in spite of the evident risks that are in ever brighter and brighter spotlights? A year ago it wasn't so evident, but do you really think serious money is going to hang around to see what happens in "ecosystems" clearly ridden with scammers and the ignorant (right up to the very "best" coins)?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 01:06:09 PM

A complete loss of confidence and a subsequent fall into oblivion is one reason. But yes, you're right, even then there will be a "market", escrow trading here and there would be one worse case scenario, a back to the cave scenario, but real markets with LIQUIDITY, well, that's another story. And there are tons of things that could lead to such a pessimistic reality, from what's happening now with ETH to a possible power outage with just one major miner in China that could cause the blockchain to freeze for weeks (maybe even months depending on the reaction of other miners and whether they were to completely jump ship or not), etc., etc.
These are all doomsday scenarios with slight probabilities. Let's say that a miner holding 30% loses all their power for some time. The difficulty adjustment would take a maximum of ~14 days + 30%. This would not cause the "blockchain to free for weeks or even months". Bitcoin's blockchain would operate, although the time between the blocks would be increased. That's about it. As far as the case with ETH is concerned, that is not going to happen with Bitcoin. Coin-control/blacklisting was already proposed in the past and was frowned upon. The day that Bitcoin implements either one of those, is the day that Bitcoin deserves to die.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:18:51 PM

Interesting article here. Bottom line of article stick with Bitcoin.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/what-does-ethereums-massive-hack-mean-for-bitcoin-cm639450
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:25:41 PM

A complete loss of confidence and a subsequent fall into oblivion is one reason.

Looks like we found the reason for all your bear spam posts lol.  Somebody got smoked in LTC:

When looking at the last month, it really looks like LTC is the solid leader.

Not only does the LTC chart look great, but the fundamentals do too. It's also the most undervalued and has the most to run. And all this is not to mention the huge LTC-BTC spread that is guaranteed to collapse to a more realistic 4-1 sooner or later . . .

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:36:05 PM

A complete loss of confidence and a subsequent fall into oblivion is one reason.

Looks like we found the reason for all your bear spam posts lol.  Somebody got smoked in LTC:

When looking at the last month, it really looks like LTC is the solid leader.

Not only does the LTC chart look great, but the fundamentals do too. It's also the most undervalued and has the most to run. And all this is not to mention the huge LTC-BTC spread that is guaranteed to collapse to a more realistic 4-1 sooner or later . . .

Actually in USD terms, you're flat wrong, and you have the facts in the form of price charts staring you in the face as well.

(Now, the closing of the spread is another story, and maybe that will never happen, but to say smoked when they've basically held par is ludicrous, and even if it were the case, your logic that somehow I've recently got more bearish than I already was just doesn't make sense - I was already bearish!  Cheesy )

Does anyone think serious money is going to stay and play with the likes of this kind of "knowledgeable" participants?

fflaguna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:39:59 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2016, 08:33:29 AM by fflaguna

RISE, and only RISE.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:40:28 PM

Actually in USD terms, you're flat wrong, and you have the facts in the form of price charts staring you in the face as well.

(Now, the closing of the spread is another story, and maybe that will never happen, but to say smoked when they've basically held par is ludicrous.)

Does anyone think serious money is going to stay and play with the likes of this kind of "knowledgeable" participants?

LTC tanked today along with BTC, so you technically didn't "win" unless you were in fiat at the time.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:44:57 PM

(Now, the closing of the spread is another story, and maybe that will never happen, but to say smoked when they've basically held par is ludicrous, and even if it were the case, your logic that somehow I've recently got more bearish than I already was just doesn't make sense - I was already bearish!  Cheesy )

LTC tanked today along with BTC, so you technically didn't "win" unless you were in fiat at the time.

Whatever you makes you feel good.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 08:08:53 PM

Up to the head and shoulder neckline, or bottom of the broken broadening pattern, depending on how you see it, one and the same in any event, and sell LTC. With BTC it's a clear H&S . . .

Clearly the first agressive sell area. I'll certainly be selling into any strength.

dste123

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 08:49:54 PM

Long term holder here...no doubt in my mind that price fluctuations (both up and down) will continue as the market develops. I think there is long-term value in BTC (and it provides some diversification to my regular investments)
kiklo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:30:19 PM

It is always funny how you feel the need to attack me personally,

Shows you're too much of an ASSHAT to have an intelligent conversation,
You shrill for BTC for a few weeks, and now you are a shrill for Monero which is an alt coin.
You contradicted yourself by saying all alts would die at the halving, but Liars do have a tenancy to do that.  Wink

A few weeks from now you will be shrilling for some other coin that you are day trading.
Here is the Difference, I was supporting ZEIT last year , this year , and as far in the future as I live.

Which one of us is truly supporting a coin, you're just another parasite feeding off of the different communities for fiat.
No worries, I will outlast you and ZEIT will be above all.
Just a matter of time.  Smiley

Cool
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:41:01 PM

My rule of bitcoin - collect, collect & only collect. Forget about cashing them out. I believe that we are still the early adopters of bitcoin, so by 2025, the current value of bitcoin may get multiplied. I'd not recommend anyone to sell out their bitcoins.
kiklo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:47:04 PM

My rule of bitcoin - collect, collect & only collect. Forget about cashing them out. I believe that we are still the early adopters of bitcoin, so by 2025, the current value of bitcoin may get multiplied. I'd not recommend anyone to sell out their bitcoins.

That is fine, if you want to do that ,
but it means you are only supporting the miners of BTC and will never make any profit only a financial loss.

There should be a price that you are willing to sell at to make a profit, otherwise BTC for you is merely a Charity for Chinese Miners.
And I assure you they are Profit driven and will manipulate a market for their benefit. (As they have been doing for the past few days.)

Cool

nanonymousx

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:06:06 PM

I am proud bad holder of Bitcoin.
When I tried to trade, I end up lose more. I am also not so proud buy high sell low guy. E
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:14:24 PM

We are going up again. Hope those that were lucky to sell higher bought the bottom already. Trip back to 700$ started.
kiklo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:22:48 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2016, 06:21:14 AM by kiklo

Looking at the Markets it looks likes News of a possible BREXIT
is causing a huge influx of Euros & GBP into BTC.

CoinsBank   BTC/GBP    $ 256,895   $ 760.17    0.10 %    
    Bitonic        BTC/EUR    $ 380,102   $ 717.37    0.15 %    

Chinese Markets are lower than Euro & GBP Trading.
    OKCoin.cn     BTC/CNY *    $ 1,859,680,000   $ 671.40    0.00 %    
    Huobi           BTC/CNY *    $ 814,667,000   $ 670.77    0.00 %    
    BtcTrade       BTC/CNY *    $ 231,253,000   $ 672.44    0.00 %    

Nothing like a little fear to pump a market.  Wink

They probably thinking the separation of Britain from the EU, will devalue both the euro and the pound and they will buy back into their own currency at a later date.
Be interesting to see how that plays out.

Cool

FYI: Update: BREXIT is Official
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-23/pound-surge-builds-as-polls-show-u-k-to-remain-in-eu-yen-slips

Brexit Upends Global Markets as Stocks, Pound Plunge; Yen Soars
Global markets buckled as Britain’s vote on European Union membership infected every asset class.

The pound plunged by a record and the euro slid by the most since it was introduced in 1999 as the BBC projected a victory for the "Leave" campaign with most votes counted in Britain’s referendum on membership of the European Union. South Africa’s rand led slides among the currencies of commodity-exporting nations as oil sank to about $47 a barrel and industrial metals slumped. The yen surged and gold soared with U.S. Treasuries as investors piled into haven assets. Futures on the FTSE 100 Index plunged with S&P 500 Index contracts as Asian stocks dropped by the most in five years.

“It’s scary, and I’ve never seen anything like it,” said James Butterfill, head of research and investments at ETF Securities, said by phone from London. “We’re going to see outflows from basically any kind of cyclical asset. A lot of people were caught out, and many investors will lose a lot of money.”
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 09:47:18 PM

What is a question of when, and not if, is when the blockchain reaches unsustainability.

And the more popular, the faster . . . quite ironically.

Cheers

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: