Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 10:17:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help a Newb Out -- Mining Issue  (Read 594 times)
Fastbird (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 02:52:43 AM

So I'm mining for the hell of it, just FYI.  On my little computer, I had a Sapphire Vapor-X 5750 mining happily away at about 175 MH/s for a few days straight.  Shut it off this morning because I wanted to give the computer a break.  Came home from work, did my thing for a while, fired up the computer, and my mining program (50miner) wouldn't even load.  Odd.  So I removed it, and redownloaded.  Got it running, but immediately upon starting under cgminer and default settings, cgminer would crash.  Go into cgminer and deselect default settings, select 9 instead of 10 for intensity, it mines, but now only at about 140 MH/s (i tweaked that up to about 157).  Swap to the diablominer-windows selection, tweak, back to 175 MH/s.

BUT!!!!!!!

I'm getting zero shares, accepted or rejected.  50btc isn't showing my worker as active either even though I have the pool and api key selected.

I have no idea what could have changed.  My other computer running a 7970 I did the same thing with and it's happily hashing away again.

HELP!
kittah

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:28:40 AM

On your rig with the problem, what version of cgminer and what version of AMD driver do you have? sounds almost like you upgraded your SDK or OpenCL after cgminer had compiled your binaries. If you did do that, wipe your drivers/opencl/cgminer. start over.
Fastbird (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:33:52 AM

So.......I checked my catalyst and for some reason 13.2 showed up!  I'd been running 11.11 on the 5750 computer and it went bye bye in lieu of 13.2!  Cleaned in out, reinstall 11.11, everything works again, and got a tweak or two and got the 5750 up to 180 GH/s.  Thanks so much for the help!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: