Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There is no such thing as easy money.  (Read 1144 times)
EEKman (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:50:13 AM

At least not for me...

Have 2k sitting in MT Gox in cash, havent touched it for 3 days.
I decide to play... Hey bitfloor is selling for 2$ more, buy bitcoins at GoX, send to Bitfloor.
45 mins later no coins and my arbitrage opportunity is gone...Then... blockchain splits..?
Had I left it alone id have doubled my money on gox, with more money to be had in the next day.

I mean this is part of history... but so damn painful. CAN I CALL IT LESSON LEARNED AND BE WHITELISTED NOW? Tongue

Ugh what a day.... Shocked
mailaddy

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 03:51:20 PM

If you're doing arbitrage it's probably best to have cash/coins (depending on which one is likely to be long/short) already in the different sites you'll be using.. and then you can do any cash/coin settlements to even the accounts when you've finished trading for the day, if required.
BTCParlay.com

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 06:12:28 PM

If you're doing arbitrage it's probably best to have cash/coins (depending on which one is likely to be long/short) already in the different sites you'll be using.. and then you can do any cash/coin settlements to even the accounts when you've finished trading for the day, if required.

Most definitely the way to go.  Delays moving funds between platforms can always take away arbitrage profits.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:42:09 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2013, 09:54:56 PM by Gator-hex

LOL, if you want to be an arbitrage pro you have to get everyone to pre-order $millions of your ASICs 6 months before reward halving, then refund in dollars after the halving event.  Wink

romang

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 04:36:50 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 04:17:21 PM by romang

Scam stay away

predic

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 05:01:26 PM

well, if you are living in the west, 2k is not the end of the world, one salary, you have chance to try again.
I sold 22 btc when it jumped from 8 to 17 euro per btc, and then it jumped to 34 and later even more. in the end, it was 800 euro per btc. so, as you see, if I kept 22 btc, I could have a lot of money, BUT I made mistake. but I profited in any case, from 8 to 17.
so, there is easy money with bitcoin. I could buy flat in small city with 22 btc.

debit cards websites are companies registered in London by Lithuanians who demand from you your phone, ID and utility bill, that's enough for them to make offshore companies on your name without your knowledge and they can get a bank account and make financial crimes on your name, or they can simply sell IDs. don't give to anyone too much info.
why they need more than your ID when your local bank demands only ID?
don't use coinbase, they are NSA spying shit, they make database of people that use bitcoins.
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:24:07 PM

let me give you some wise advice i learned long ago. if something seems to easy to be true it probally is.  there isnt any way to magiclly start earning a bunch of money fast. it just doesnt happen. lots of hardwork and time will get you what you want.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: