Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:02:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum command lines  (Read 1558 times)
taiping (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:46:53 AM

As a Newbie I downloaded ELECTRUM.
At https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Electrum#Export_and_import_addresses I have to put the "addresses" command $ ./electrum addresses -ak
Does this refer to the Command Prompt in Windows 7 ?
If I put this command into the Command Prompt and press Enter it says "$" is not recognised as a command prompt.
So I then put ./electrum addresses -ak (without the "$") I get the same thing. Same thing with electrum addresses -ak

Also, am I correct in thinking that ELECTRUM is not installed on my PC, except for the .dat file in Drive C? It appears to run as a stand-alone exe file.

Thanks for helping this dumbbell.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2013, 06:23:02 PM

You can download the Electrum Installer or the Electrum Standalond for Windows from http://electrum.org

In Windows you cannot use commands, it is not officially supported yet. Also to be able to use commands (Linux and Mac) you'll need to install the dependencies before.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
taiping (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 12:45:22 PM

Thank you. I have now downloaded the Windows Installer version.
Perhaps the documentation could make clear the commands are not applicable to windows.
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2013, 10:05:58 PM

Thank you. I have now downloaded the Windows Installer version.
Perhaps the documentation could make clear the commands are not applicable to windows.

Commands used to be available in previous versions. They are planned to be added somewhen in future versions again.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: