Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 08:34:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FCT] FACTOM - HOW FACTOIDS WORK - PRICE SPECULATION  (Read 12567 times)
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 01:20:27 PM

Well I have explicitly told my idea about the recent increase, that it looked like a dead cat bounce. It still does but the major bounce may yet to come as the lending rates are over %0.1 now. A lot of people shorted around 420-400. This usually causes price to spike up. What do you guys think? It may not reach even 500, but sub 500 is quite possible.
moodcrawler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2016, 06:03:30 PM

Well I have explicitly told my idea about the recent increase, that it looked like a dead cat bounce. It still does but the major bounce may yet to come as the lending rates are over %0.1 now. A lot of people shorted around 420-400. This usually causes price to spike up. What do you guys think? It may not reach even 500, but sub 500 is quite possible.

i think we just need to wait and see
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 06:29:11 AM

It seems that the bounce is over now and it is going back down below 400k satoshis. The fall is not as fast XMR and they are the two coins that have lost a lot of value the past week. Is there any news why this happened to FCT? There was good news about it saying that Tim Draper led a new $4.2m funding round but there is no effect on the price. Why?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
moodcrawler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 10:07:08 AM

It seems that the bounce is over now and it is going back down below 400k satoshis. The fall is not as fast XMR and they are the two coins that have lost a lot of value the past week. Is there any news why this happened to FCT? There was good news about it saying that Tim Draper led a new $4.2m funding round but there is no effect on the price. Why?

I am sure they have a plan, bu can't tell us more.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:36:58 AM

There was effect on the price. It was at about 360k before and it's at 430k now. The dumping before was because of rising Bitcoin and whatever kind of manipulative attempts.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 06:40:27 PM

This still seems like a good investment at $2 a coin.
Unless the company totally fails I can't see these being worth than less than $5-10 eventually.
If they are super successful, you could be looking at $50-100 a coin.

I think you would be crazy to not buy at least a few Factom.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 08:14:04 AM

There was effect on the price. It was at about 360k before and it's at 430k now. The dumping before was because of rising Bitcoin and whatever kind of manipulative attempts.

Ok so meaning if bitcoin continues to rise FCT will continue to go down. That is the problem, bitcoin is giving no signs that it will go down and is actually giving signs that it might go to $700 by the end of the month. Where will Factom be if that happens?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 10:50:28 AM

Ok so meaning if bitcoin continues to rise FCT will continue to go down. That is the problem, bitcoin is giving no signs that it will go down and is actually giving signs that it might go to $700 by the end of the month. Where will Factom be if that happens?

It's unpredictable what Bitcoin will do and even if it's price should be at $700 by end of the month, it's not predictable where the FCT-price will be.

But what everybody who knows more about Factom expects is:

1. Release of Testnet
2. Release of Milestone 2
3. exodus.io will implement Factoids

And what is always possible in Factom: Business-announcements like new partnerships.

The above is enough that the Factoid-price can rise out of own power. But of course, if Bitcoin should go up sharp and there is a longer "boring" time in Factom, it's likely that Factoids would drop. I personally feel more safe in Factoids, because my experience with it since exactly one year is: It always just needs a little time to see the next price-explosion.

And Bitcoin: I believe that it still has a lot of potential but there are also problems and there is controversy in the community. Both about the Blocksize. I believe that there is the risk that a respected group could fork it, backed by companies, to enable bigger blogs. That could lead into a scenario like we see it with ETH and ETC. That's one reason why I'm carefully with holding BTC at the moment.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 07:28:54 PM

Seems to me like factom hype is generally over and we are heading to a correction around 0.0025 - 0.003. Fake walls are removed and the buy interest is gone. It will either slowly decline or decrease with huge dumps. But the fake walls are removed and I think a lot of long time holders are annoyed with the fact that nothing really happens but announcements. I set my huge buys at 0.0025 and still didn't close my short at 470. I'll probably buy back huge chunks when it goes sub 300.
Blazin8888 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:52:29 PM

Strap in.  Will be a fun next 4 months. See you all around xmas time Wink
lolikop

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:08:25 PM

Fct will see a new ath very soon buy while its still cheap
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:53:05 PM

Strap in.  Will be a fun next 4 months. See you all around xmas time Wink

I think the same. The next time until end of the year won't be boring. I believe it's a safe prediction. And the next year could be even much more exciting. Factom is a project like a catapult. Paul Snow once said about Factom in an interview: "It is going to surprise people (...) the delivery is going to shock people!" ;-)

It was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1noFK6M8ktU (somewhere at the very end)
donarito

Activity: 604

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 09:34:15 AM

I think there is no sense in speculations about price now. We should wait for releases and then see what happens. I think project has a serious potential

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:03:38 PM

I bought some Factoms. A nice coin - price rises slowly but barely nobody pays attention to it... An investment for smart money nowdays.
topesis

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:13:01 PM

I bought some Factoms. A nice coin - price rises slowly but barely nobody pays attention to it... An investment for smart money nowdays.

Are you sure nobody is paying attention to  it, Factom is one of the most traded Altcoin in the space and the price has been enjoying steady rise and I think the will continue as more development goal is reached. Factom is not a pump and dump coin that is common in the space
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 06:16:55 PM

Are you sure nobody is paying attention to  it, Factom is one of the most traded Altcoin in the space and the price has been enjoying steady rise and I think the will continue as more development goal is reached. Factom is not a pump and dump coin that is common in the space

Well, instead of community circle jerking each other the price rises, and the rise without hype is a sure sign of smart money moving into it.
Before I wrote this post, the recent post was made into this thread on Oct. 13th 2016 so like 6 months ago....
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: