Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:10:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moneypot under DDOS !?  (Read 730 times)
JasonXG (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:29:44 PM

Why is moneypot under DDOS attack ? Will this effect investments ? I'm guessing they will pause till everything is under control. But why is this happening ?
Trade_BTC

Activity: 785
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 04:44:58 PM

Why is moneypot under DDOS attack ? Will this effect investments ? I'm guessing they will pause till everything is under control. But why is this happening ?

Will it affect investment?  If it slows or stops players of course if you mean security then this is just fud thread. Of course not.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:18:24 PM

All funds are secure, the issue is that they are keeping our site down which means players are having a hard time betting. I can say with almost complete certainty that this is a jealous competitor that is simply trying to steal our business.

I think its also important to note that even though service has been spotty, the site BR has profited ~10 BTC this week.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 07:14:05 PM

Why is moneypot under DDOS attack ?
No one except the DDOSer, probably knows the reason behind the attack. It could be for fun (doubt it), trying to take down a competitor or it is someone who got mad that they lost funds. Could be an extortion attempt as well.
Will this effect investments ?
Yes. Since MoneyPot can't be accessed sometimes, the bankroll won't move during that time, and no profit/loss will happen.
I'm guessing they will pause till everything is under control. But why is this happening ?
It is happening because someone decided to attack moneypot. Read more here, if your not too busy spamming for YoBit. Maybe after you make your 20 posts?

taking a break - expect delayed responses
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:22:20 PM

No one except the DDOSer, probably knows the reason behind the attack. It could be for fun (doubt it), trying to take down a competitor or it is someone who got mad that they lost funds. Could be an extortion attempt as well.
Yes. Since MoneyPot can't be accessed sometimes, the bankroll won't move during that time, and no profit/loss will happen.
I'm guessing they will pause till everything is under control. But why is this happening ?
It is happening because someone decided to attack moneypot. Read more here, if your not too busy spamming for YoBit. Maybe after you make your 20 posts?

The attack is to complex/resource intensive for it to be someone doing it for fun. We have received no extortion requests, this is almost certainly a competitor.

LegitPoker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

BitLegit.com - btc poker

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 08:08:02 PM

Everything should be ok. They just have a way of bombarding the site with traffic trying to jam it up so the owners pay a ransom or someone trying to shit on moneypot so players go to their site.  Monies should be safe.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:10:16 PM

Everything should be ok. They just have a way of bombarding the site with traffic trying to jam it up so the owners pay a ransom.  Monies should be safe.

Again, no demands of ransom. One of our competitors can't handle the competition.
Curious8

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:11:02 PM

The attack is to complex/resource intensive for it to be someone doing it for fun. We have received no extortion requests, this is almost certainly a competitor.

You can't afford cloudflare business plan ?
LegitPoker

BitLegit.com - btc poker

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 08:15:00 PM

Everything should be ok. They just have a way of bombarding the site with traffic trying to jam it up so the owners pay a ransom.  Monies should be safe.

Again, no demands of ransom. One of our competitors can't handle the competition.

ya i seen that after.  Its pretty sad but i guess they are just unhappy you guys are providing a top notch service.  Pointless wasting money to attach another site.  I guess its a free market though and the dirty and greedy usually come out on top
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:39:03 PM

We have the most expensive plan that is not $2000 a month.
Curious8

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 09:09:14 PM

I dont beliave it.
200$ is enough to keep your site 100% uptime and if your site down they probably attack the IP directly.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 10:02:40 PM

I was thinking this too. Doesn't cloudflare protect you from DDOS ? But how big of an attack this is I wonder.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
LegitPoker

BitLegit.com - btc poker

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 06:45:49 AM

just as another gambling site is expanding......

popcorn,  gotta love power plays!
JasonXG (OP)

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:49:38 AM

just as another gambling site is expanding......

popcorn,  gotta love power plays!

Yes it's almost too obvious. Very suspicious.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:54:06 AM

Pls stop spreading FUD. DDoS s nothing special in crypto world, there s always some asshole trying to get some ransom by blackmailing websites or something similar. Anyway, it was already published Moneypot s increasing their security big time and all this is going to be water under the bridge. So pls, promote crypto services, do not sabotage them by spreading FUD. 

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:59:13 AM

The problem could be overcome DDOS, ddos cause can only cripple the network. I think the moneypot have a system that is highly confidential and secure from hacking, so this issue can be resolved without any loss. All will be improved in a very brush, it is possible that this behavior of competitors who do not like the moneypot and want demolishing the moneypot.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:17:38 AM

I was thinking this too. Doesn't cloudflare protect you from DDOS ? But how big of an attack this is I wonder.
It does, but still a lot of sites despite having cloudfare do get DDOSed. I think their business plans might have added protection.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:05:33 AM

Will it affect investment?  If it slows or stops players of course if you mean security then this is just fud thread. Of course not.

It certainly will. The ddos attack will make the server unable to function well and this will lead to a delay in approving bets from the different gambling apps. So the profits/losses will be significantly reduces and may even come to a halt if the server went down totally.

I really hope the attack will be gone soon cause moneypot is really a great site to have.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:13:23 PM

To clarify on this, yes. we do have the business plan with CloudFlare.
macmac22

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:27:03 AM

Moneypot is under huge ddos attack but they assure that the investment and other fund are safe and secured and that is not affected by ddos attack i just don't know why other people keep attacking the moneypot if they want to get money they should work not that their getting money from other
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: