Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:50:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: restoring 5970 to factory default settings (BAMT)  (Read 3212 times)
altid (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 12:24:16 PM

Hey guys i've got a question on restoring my 5970 cards to factory settings so i can flog them on eBay. The cards were running with altered gpu/memory and voltage frequencies until i pulled my rig apart and they have sat idle for several months. I have put the rig back together and i believe that these settings would still be stored in the BIOS of the cards.

In the AMDOverdriveCtrl application i have found where i can adjust these values again, however it is asking me for three sets of values, one for each Low, Mid and High levels. Is this the right settings i should be adjusting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:02:16 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2013, 09:20:10 PM by Gator-hex

I think the values are stored in a Linux boot script and not on the card.

My evidence for this is that I've underclocked so much that Linux failed to start after rebooting.
I recovered the situation by re-burning the OS back onto the memory stick and this reset the values.

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:36:43 PM

Nothing is stored on the card unless you flashed the bios.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:44:30 PM

Just dig up the bootable DOS GPU flasher and flash a standard 5970 bios. There is a separate bios for GPU 0 and GPU 1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: