Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:56:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What Do You Think About ARDOR/NXT 2.0?
Yes, give me Ardor - 71 (61.2%)
No, no Ardor please - 8 (6.9%)
What? - 17 (14.7%)
NXT 2.0 Nice Scam - 20 (17.2%)
Total Voters: 116

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ARDOR NXT  (Read 8047 times)
albert73

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:00:25 AM

What Do You Think About ARDOR / NXT2.0? Are you looking forward to it? Do you want to have it? Or are you just like what?

I want ARDOR / NXT2.0 so badly I spent most of my bitcoins buying NXT so I can get my share of ARDOR / NXT2.0 for hodling them. ARDOR will be a top ten coin with all the cool new stuff it will have, and i want to be an early adopter of it who bought in at the bottom.
Alondre

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Quiero mi bocadillo

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:00:26 PM

What Do You Think About ARDOR / NXT2.0? Are you looking forward to it? Do you want to have it? Or are you just like what?

I want ARDOR / NXT2.0 so badly I spent most of my bitcoins buying NXT so I can get my share of ARDOR / NXT2.0 for hodling them. ARDOR will be a top ten coin with all the cool new stuff it will have, and i want to be an early adopter of it who bought in at the bottom.

Good decision, when we have been our Ardor, its price round about 20x

```
Join the XEL revolution!  XEL - Decentralized Grid-computing
XEL WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | XEL DISCORD | XEL WIKI
```
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 07:04:39 PM

NXT is so ardorable.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
BTCdoaA

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:14:46 PM

i voted up for ardor Yes, give me Ardor.but try to enhance the security with the blockchain and not to repeat the story of DAO & eth.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
albert73

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:15:45 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2016, 08:39:19 PM by albert73

Good decision, when we have been our Ardor, its price round about 20x

Nxt is still cheap at less than 2 cents each. Compare today's price to the highs and its easy to see it's going much higher. After the start of snapshotting most coins will no longer be put up for sale, and buying Nxt to get Ardor will get more and more expensive.
albert73

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:22:01 PM

i voted up for ardor Yes, give me Ardor.but try to enhance the security with the blockchain and not to repeat the story of DAO & eth.

Smart contract code made DAO & eth insecure and led to the DAO "hack".

I don't think Ardor will do smart contracts, it will have child-chains that do smart (phased) transactions, which are more secure.

The comparison with Ethereum is that Ethereum tries to do smart contracts, where the Ardor child-chains do smart (phased) transactions, which is a lot easier (and thus more secure).
freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 07:24:21 PM

The lead developer of Nxt, Jean Luc is very meticulous in his work, a perfectionist of software engineering. To say that he understands importance of blockchain security will be a gross understatement.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 03:38:42 AM

how are smart phased transactions different from smart contracts?
stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:57:09 AM

In a nutshell, a smart contract allows you to write code to do just about anything (including potential dangerous stuff).
Advantages are you have a lot more freedom to do whatever you want, the drawbacks is obviously security (if you have a bug in your contract someone could exploit that), and thus it will require more time to learn to code properly & test your contracts.

With smart transactions you don't write any code, the functions are already pre-defined within the protocol. You just pass in your desired parameters.
The advantages are the opposite of smart contracts, it's more secure, it takes less time for you to learn, code & test.
The drawbacks is that you are limited to the functions that exists in the core client.

Not sure if that makes any sense, or if it is even the correct definitions.
It is my understanding anyway.
plopper50

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:41:56 AM

In a nutshell, a smart contract allows you to write code to do just about anything (including potential dangerous stuff).
Advantages are you have a lot more freedom to do whatever you want, the drawbacks is obviously security (if you have a bug in your contract someone could exploit that), and thus it will require more time to learn to code properly & test your contracts.

With smart transactions you don't write any code, the functions are already pre-defined within the protocol. You just pass in your desired parameters.
The advantages are the opposite of smart contracts, it's more secure, it takes less time for you to learn, code & test.
The drawbacks is that you are limited to the functions that exists in the core client.

Not sure if that makes any sense, or if it is even the correct definitions.
It is my understanding anyway.

I prefer secure Nxt 2.0 smart transactions to buggy ethereum smart contracts that can be hacked. I don't trust ethereum since it was hacked, so I'm buying Nxt before Nxt 2.0 takes over from ethereum.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 09:58:14 AM

Update to NXT client 1.9.2
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-2/

Update to this release on mainnet is optional up until block 1000000 (Oct 12), however users are advised to do it earlier, as after July 14th updating will trigger a blockchain rescan.

plopper50

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:35:45 AM

Update to this release on mainnet is optional up until block 1000000 (Oct 12), however users are advised to do it earlier, as after July 14th updating will trigger a blockchain rescan.

Do we still get Nxt 2.0 for holding Nxt if we don't update to Nxt client 1.9.2 until after the snapshots stop? I sent my Nxt to an address, and intend to leave them in it for the full three months of snapshots without updating or syncing my wallet.
Sebastien256

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:10:01 AM

Do we still get Nxt 2.0 for holding Nxt if we don't update to Nxt client 1.9.2 until after the snapshots stop? I sent my Nxt to an address, and intend to leave them in it for the full three months of snapshots without updating or syncing my wallet.

you do not have to update your client.

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
freshman777

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 01:29:37 PM

You will still get it.

After snapshots stop in October, trading of ARDOR asset will be possible in the Nxt built-in asset exchange. Then you will need an updated client to trade it.

chopper873

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:27:50 AM

ARDOR NXT is better than the ICOs that are everywhere. Most ICOs lose investors money like with the WAVES and RISE ICOs, but the devs get paid thousands of BITCOINS even if their coin flops. ARDOR will make investors money because it's in the devs interest to make it successful.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 09:09:16 PM

In the new Nxt Client (1.9.2) you can see how much Ardor you are getting realtime.

rich93

Activity: 595

Chromia - Relational Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 12:57:23 AM

In the new Nxt Client (1.9.2) you can see how much Ardor you are getting realtime.

What block height does it start showing how much Ardor you are getting for your NXT?

I know the snapshots start on July 14th, but not the block height the snapshots start at.

♠️ Facebook: http://facebook.com/ChromiaStudios                 ♥️ Webpage: http://chromiastudios.com
♦️ LinkedIn:  http://linkedin.com/company/chromiastudios      ♣️ Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/ChromiaStudios                     
♥️ Twitter:    https://twitter.com/teamchromia                        ♦️  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChromaWay
************************************************************************************************
box0211

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:27:22 AM

ARDOR NXT is better than the ICOs that are everywhere. Most ICOs lose investors money like with the WAVES and RISE ICOs, but the devs get paid thousands of BITCOINS even if their coin flops. ARDOR will make investors money because it's in the devs interest to make it successful.

I don't understand how is that different.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:57:54 AM

Now you can keep your NXT.
Trouble821

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 10:12:01 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 10:51:00 AM by Trouble821

Now you can keep your NXT.

Now you can keep your NXT, and you also get ARDOR for the NXT you have. You get two coins for the price of one. It's buy one get one free.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: