Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The price drop  (Read 5523 times)
trickshot22

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:59:52 PM

Im completely new to this an excuse me as im sure i sound like an idiot here, but i started this about a week ago and had $270 bucks worth of btc and now im down to $210 ish. Should i sell or hold out? Any advice from someone with experience in this?

You better hold for a long-term since the price will not constantly fall down, there is and always be an ups on the coin and more ups will be coming for next years. Just have a patience and that patience will result to something good.

The drop is normal with bitcoin. So are pumps. I've checked and on some exchanges we already see the price going to 700 dolars.
Perhaps a mini pump for the halving?

It may be or may be not as no one can know what will be the price in coming days, only halving can show us the real scenario and exact price of bitcoin, so holding and waiting is the only choice left for us.

I think the price of bitcoin will not rise a lot in the short term. The price has already rise in the past few months.
I think no rise will happen until block halving because many news all cloud mining site are turn into scam and i think those bitcoin scam by some will be converted into fiat or they sell it so the price will decrease..
though i cannot agree with you, to be honest i think that bitcoins will have a lot of potential to grow in an upcoming week before the halving because a lot of people will be buying

after the halvingwe might see a small drop down as a lot of people will be selling their bitcoins really fast what will have a negative impact on bitcoins in my opinion
onemd

Activity: 309
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 06:47:52 AM

Im completely new to this an excuse me as im sure i sound like an idiot here, but i started this about a week ago and had $270 bucks worth of btc and now im down to $210 ish. Should i sell or hold out? Any advice from someone with experience in this?

You better hold for a long-term since the price will not constantly fall down, there is and always be an ups on the coin and more ups will be coming for next years. Just have a patience and that patience will result to something good.

The drop is normal with bitcoin. So are pumps. I've checked and on some exchanges we already see the price going to 700 dolars.
Perhaps a mini pump for the halving?

It may be or may be not as no one can know what will be the price in coming days, only halving can show us the real scenario and exact price of bitcoin, so holding and waiting is the only choice left for us.

I think the price of bitcoin will not rise a lot in the short term. The price has already rise in the past few months.
I think no rise will happen until block halving because many news all cloud mining site are turn into scam and i think those bitcoin scam by some will be converted into fiat or they sell it so the price will decrease..
though i cannot agree with you, to be honest i think that bitcoins will have a lot of potential to grow in an upcoming week before the halving because a lot of people will be buying

after the halvingwe might see a small drop down as a lot of people will be selling their bitcoins really fast what will have a negative impact on bitcoins in my opinion

Many people will buy, many people will also sell. The price is staying around the $650 range for a few weeks.

Skaven

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:32:40 AM

The price of the bitcoin is always dropping not very much but sometimes he needs to drop becaus there are to many people holding their coins
just for non reasons and that is not good because coins need to rol.
Barraken

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 07:11:53 PM

The price of the bitcoin is always dropping not very much but sometimes he needs to drop becaus there are to many people holding their coins

Do you mean when the price drop will force people to sell? I think we should encourage people to use bitcoin.
dihari

Activity: 910
Merit: 525

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 10:25:30 PM

Well, for anyone who held their btc for a long time they are ready to selling when the price is good to sell.
But, for many people who's not buying btc yet, down of the price maybe is a good day. Whatever the reason of price down, its always good for traders.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:28:49 AM

Do you mean when the price drop will force people to sell? I think we should encourage people to use bitcoin.
Bitcoin has finally found it's stable price point devoid of volatility which makes people to hold their coins tightly. if price start to drop people begin to sell their coins automatically.
onemd

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 12:59:29 PM

Bitcoin has finally found it's stable price point devoid of volatility which makes people to hold their coins tightly. if price start to drop people begin to sell their coins automatically.

I think so. The bitcoin price is trading around $650 now. That could be the balance price for the next few months.

nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:22:52 PM

That stabilization of the price is not forever, it will surely moved wether falling down or up in upcoming month. Bitcoin's volatility is still there as long as we still didn't reach the maximum mined block in bitcoin, the volatility will not disappear.
shashank5119

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:24:28 PM

Yes bitcoin is quiet stable since the halving every body expected the price will increase but that is not happended.Halving proved wrong all the speculations so far.That is what we see mostly with bitcoins.No one can predict correctly about it.
Ruzka

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:28:35 PM

Yes bitcoin is quiet stable since the halving every body expected the price will increase but that is not happended.Halving proved wrong all the speculations so far.That is what we see mostly with bitcoins.No one can predict correctly about it.

You can't be serious? Quite stable it is not and hasn't been for a few months lol 'Everybody expected' that is not right either, many expected it would increase and what has it done in the run up to the halving? It has increased. Halving has not proved wrong all speculations in the slightest.

umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:36:32 PM

You can't be serious? Quite stable it is not and hasn't been for a few months lol 'Everybody expected' that is not right either, many expected it would increase and what has it done in the run up to the halving? It has increased. Halving has not proved wrong all speculations in the slightest.

Yeah price was stuck at $450 few months back and as halving got closer it started to go higher and higher, and it nearly touched $800, and it went back, but I think $660 is also an descent price to hold.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:12:33 PM

I guess after the last increase in bitcoin, bitcoin prices today are always stable. This is pretty good, but I think it's very many people who are bored with it. everyone waits bitcoin prices rose to the height, but until now the price has been very stable at the price $ 630 $ 670, I hope his price could go back up
skyway1

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:57:54 AM

i think bitcoin will more increase its price because bitcoin getting more popularity day by day and more people get interest to invest their money in bitcoin and i hope bitcoin will never drop its price .
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 07:06:02 AM

I guess after the last increase in bitcoin, bitcoin prices today are always stable. This is pretty good, but I think it's very many people who are bored with it. everyone waits bitcoin prices rose to the height, but until now the price has been very stable at the price $ 630 $ 670, I hope his price could go back up

It's funny how some people want to see stability in the price, and as soon as we finally have some sort of stability, people start complaining directly that the market is boring. It's basically the same as the weather. We all want to have sun, but as soon as the sun is there, it's too hot and people want it to rain so they can cool off.
onemd

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:08:51 AM

i think bitcoin will more increase its price because bitcoin getting more popularity day by day and more people get interest to invest their money in bitcoin and i hope bitcoin will never drop its price .

Compared to a few years ago, there are more users of bitcoin. So the price also rises a lot as a result.

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 09:35:39 AM

Hello, guys!
The price has dropped by almost 100$ and I am wondering if anyone can properly explain why this happened.
As far as I know, the following things happened:
1. The DAO got robbed - improper term, as this was done using the tools that came with it.
2. Bitfinex was down 3 times yesterday.
3. The Chinese have been pumping over the past 2 weeks. Have they decided to make a profit now?

Is there anything else that contributed to this drop? Can you explain this in layman terms?
Thanks for the time.

I sold my 1M bitcoins to get my profit. Grin Grin Grin....Just kidding.

Maybe a lot of people stopped buying bitcoins because they are holding enough btc and waiting for price

increase.The demand went down and the price dropped down too.
It would not be a bad thing if the price would drop again because that would allow more people to buy coins which is good because the more users the better.
Maybe after the halving the price can drop down again we have to wait it out.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:10:28 AM

Compared to a few years ago, there are more users of bitcoin. So the price also rises a lot as a result.

Small time users will not make an big impact on the price if you ask me. With all regards to their budget, the volume they bring (buy pressure) is not enough.
The amount of users which is growing can trigger merchants to adapt bitcoin and that can give the price a boost, but remember it also creates sell pressure.

Merchants will convert their bitcoin almost instantly to fiat (like bitpay does).
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1101

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:22:42 AM

Hello, guys!
The price has dropped by almost 100$ and I am wondering if anyone can properly explain why this happened.
As far as I know, the following things happened:
1. The DAO got robbed - improper term, as this was done using the tools that came with it.
2. Bitfinex was down 3 times yesterday.
3. The Chinese have been pumping over the past 2 weeks. Have they decided to make a profit now?

Is there anything else that contributed to this drop? Can you explain this in layman terms?
Thanks for the time.

I sold my 1M bitcoins to get my profit. Grin Grin Grin....Just kidding.

Maybe a lot of people stopped buying bitcoins because they are holding enough btc and waiting for price

increase.The demand went down and the price dropped down too.
It would not be a bad thing if the price would drop again because that would allow more people to buy coins which is good because the more users the better.
Maybe after the halving the price can drop down again we have to wait it out.

Price may drop in next few weeks, but I don't think we will see major dump now price may drop to $600 not more then that if price goes there then may people will start buying bitcoins.

Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 10:25:49 AM

Small time users will not make an big impact on the price if you ask me. With all regards to their budget, the volume they bring (buy pressure) is not enough.
The amount of users which is growing can trigger merchants to adapt bitcoin and that can give the price a boost, but remember it also creates sell pressure.

Merchants will convert their bitcoin almost instantly to fiat (like bitpay does).
I think that is the same thing that makes some merchant think twice about accepting bitcoin as payment. The relatively volatile price is something that adds uncertainty to their business and that is the least that they want right now. Stability and security are bigger priorities for them.
skyway1

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 06:38:07 PM

when Bitfinex drop its price for longer period then people stopped the trust on bitcoin, but now people again trust in bitcoin and  i think that bitcoin nowadays never drop its price and now bitcoin increasing its price and bitcoin users much more trusted in bitcoin i think they know that bitcoin is future currency and still hold their currency .
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: