Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:25:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bounty 0.005BTC help me to create a batch file  (Read 523 times)
randal9 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:48:27 AM

Here's the problem,

0. create a batch file (I need to list the names of the files and store it in as text file!)
1. Gather all filenames of files created on your C:\Users drive and on my Z:\ drive :
2. List all .txt /.ppt/.bat files on > f.txt  (redirect all files to this text file)
3. Sort f.txt by size on fsize.txt (largest - smallest) (redirect all files to this text file)
4. Sort f.txt by date on fdate.txt (oldest- recent) (will redirect all files to this tex tfile)
Vhern

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:56:26 AM

I can help you with on your C:\Users drive and on my Z:\ drive not sure about the others?
septian44

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:01:13 AM

Here's the problem,

0. create a batch file (I need to list the names of the files and store it in as text file!)
1. Gather all filenames of files created on your C:\Users drive and on my Z:\ drive :
2. List all .txt /.ppt/.bat files on > f.txt  (redirect all files to this text file)
3. Sort f.txt by size on fsize.txt (largest - smallest) (redirect all files to this text file)
4. Sort f.txt by date on fdate.txt (oldest- recent) (will redirect all files to this tex tfile)

1.Open Notepad and then type this:

dir /b > fileslist.txt
if you want a recursive listing, type this:

dir /b /s > fileslist.txt

2.Click File > Save As…

3.Save as type: All Files, File name: filelist.bat

4.Now just double click on filelist.bat and it will generate filelist.txt which contains list of files and folders. If you want create a list of files in another folder, just move this app into that folder.

randal9 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:02:47 AM

I can help you with on your C:\Users drive and on my Z:\ drive not sure about the others?

All the directory and sub directories of all files on my C:\Users and Z:\  should be present in the text files.
Vhern

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:09:29 AM

All the directory and sub directories of all files on my C:\Users and Z:\  should be present in the text files.

My knowledge about batch file are limited maybe I didn't encounter this problem.
randal9 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:32:41 AM

All the directory and sub directories of all files on my C:\Users and Z:\  should be present in the text files.

My knowledge about batch file are limited maybe I didn't encounter this problem.

I just need to gather all files on drive c: and drive z: pasted in a file text
directory structure of the c: drive on desktop C:\Users\ITE1-31
Vhern

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:48:31 AM

I just need to gather all files on drive c: and drive z: pasted in a file text
directory structure of the c: drive on desktop C:\Users\ITE1-31

I can't possibly help you, my operating system is Linux.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 03:31:44 PM

Hi, I started using computer in MSDOS days, Windows 3.11 .. Until now I am comfortable with DOS command prompt.

0. I can do this..
1. If users in C:\users has a password this is not possible, you must delete or disable their password first.
2. This is possible
3. This is possible
4. This is possible

Shall we start? PM me on my Facebook located in my signature.

Your problem,
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:39:50 PM

Only trick I know about .bat files is this one which makes it look like matrix, just copy paste it on note pad and save it as .bat

@echo off

color 02

:start

echo   %random%  %random%  %random%  %random%  %random%  %random%    %random%   %random%  %random%           

goto start
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:21:33 AM

Only trick I know about .bat files is this one which makes it look like matrix, just copy paste it on note pad and save it as .bat

@echo off

color 02

:start

echo   %random%  %random%  %random%  %random%  %random%  %random%    %random%   %random%  %random%           

goto start

Your answer has nothing to do with what the OP needs. I can't find anything related to the question.
ripplehd

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:28:11 AM

maybe this site can help you try reading the discussion on there http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9143018/batch-copy-files-from-txt-file-into-one-folder if not then look out for some other tutorials by searching on google.

lambofan

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:19:36 AM

Here's the problem,

I sent a PM.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: