Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:52:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have BTC. Should I sell or hope for price to rise?  (Read 1577 times)
JB0011 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:10:35 PM

I basically know shit about how BTC works. I received a payment in BTC when price was $750 a few days ago. My lazy ass didn't sell it right away and now I am panicking. Current price is $618 and it keeps falling. I'm panicking. What should I do? Should I sell it right now or should I wait and hope for the price to rise back to $750 or at least closer to it?
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:12:15 PM

I think you should not get panic and you should wait for next few days, price may even go lower in coming days, but just hold your coins for halving as price is expected to be higher at halving.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:12:30 PM

I basically know shit about how BTC works. I received a payment in BTC when price was $750 a few days ago. My lazy ass didn't sell it right away and now I am panicking. Current price is $618 and it keeps falling. I'm panicking. What should I do? Should I sell it right now or should I wait and hope for the price to rise back to $750 or at least closer to it?
Dont panic just hold it the price can be still increase soon.. block halvingstill not done yet.. so be patience..
If you sell it right now the price of bitcoin will be reduce more..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:16:05 PM

It's impossible to predict what the price will be in the future.  It all depends on the demand.  If more people want more bitcoins, then the price will go up.  If less people want less bitcoins, then the price will go down.  That's how markets work.

How will you feel if you don't sell, and the price goes all the way down to $50 in the next 24 hours?

How will you feel if you do sell, and the price goes all the way up to $2500 in the next few days?

Both possibilities are unlikely, but they are also both possible.  You need to decide for yourself what you are able to accept.
vyombly

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:16:17 PM

In my opinion, as per the trend i have seen, it will decrease till the date of halving and then increases again, so you should hold your coins and wait for the halving date i.e. 10th of july.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:17:43 PM

It is sure that 700 or even 800 only couldn't be price of bitcoin after halving as this will limit the supply so all what you seeing is manipulation by whales to grab few cheap coins before halving pump.

But if you have got that payment for some item you sold and you have to pay that to the one from whom you buy at cheaper price, just in case of reselling it is always advised to sell right away to get equal amount of fiat you want or the item is priced.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:19:05 PM

No one can tell you anything. If they do then they're talking directly out of their ass. Most people here are sitting on it and waiting for the future when they believe it's gonna be worth a whole lot more than it is now. It might never get there. In the meantime it's gonna pop all over the place.

Do you need the money badly? If you do then sell. If you don't then perhaps waiting's gonna pay off nicely some day.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 06:23:23 PM

Dude, Don't panic for the value fluctuates. It will increase in few days again to around  700$. However dont expect more than you mentioned above. Utilize the time when increases. Keep checking in routine and sell it.
starboyshuvo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:25:46 PM

wait till 11th july
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:28:28 PM

Panic selling is most of time not the best price you can get for it. The price is still a lot higher then weeks earlier and possible some big whales sold there coins what caused the price decrease. The expectations are still a hugh price rise around the halving.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:29:16 PM

Don't be panic, you just have to wait at least til the halving. If you're too nervous about it, than you shouldn't probably it at all.

faucet used to be profitable
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:31:13 PM

Don't be panic, you just have to wait at least til the halving. If you're too nervous about it, than you shouldn't probably it at all.

Yes and now its just a matter of 20 days, so stay calm and quiet and keep a watch on price movement and sell when you feel price is good for you.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:32:52 PM

You should sell it now, even if that means selling at a loss, and not for the reasons that others are going to give you.

• 1. "I basically know shit about how BTC works" It is stupid to invest in things you know nothing about. Don't be stupid.
  • 2. "hope for the price to rise back to $750" Since when is "hope" a sound investment strategy? People that invest in something and hope for the price to rise are making a bad investment.
  • 3. "I'm panicking." If you are panicking, it is not worth owning.

Finally, it is not wise to depend on investment advice from anonymous strangers on the internet. They don't know anything about you and they have no ability to predict the future, despite what they think.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:35:19 PM

Its your call to be honest.Do your own researches.Despite of all the fuss about halving and price rising dilemma,I sold off my coins when the prices hiked to $750.Now I'm feel safe and think its good time to buy again.No one knows what would the prices be tomorrow ,you can take risks and make your next move.To be honest,the prices should rise soon since its no surprise that it had happened before.Don't know just when that would be,maybe tomorrow ,maybe after 2 weeks.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:36:10 PM

don't panic you just have to wait more patiently because if you sell your bitcoin now obviously you will loss even though i could not guarantee the prices will back again to $750 but as predict many people next month bitcoin prices will reach again to $700 or above
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 06:38:53 PM

If you dont need the cash right now then why not just hang onto it and see what the future brings? you could end up with more money than you could have imagined or you could lose some. just think of it as an expensive lottery ticket but with a much greater chance of actually making money from it.

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:41:39 PM

If you only know fiat and are not interested in BTC as a decentralized currency, please sell. Also if you have to ask on a public forum of what to do with your own money, I would advise that you don't invest in anything - especially if you can't control your emotions.

The volatility of Bitcoin tends to be more on the extreme side. So the current small dip might intensify significantly. For those people with a genuine interest in BTC that doesn't matter, since they know that compared to fiat, Bitcoin is by far the superior currency, because it is not subject to governmental control and inflationary devaluation.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:12:53 AM

Wow.What`s that 750$ payment?  Grin

Bitcoin price fall can be very frustrating if you hold lots of btc,i know. Wink

Don`t panic and don`t sell and you are fine.The price will go up sooner or later.

begau

Activity: 790
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:17:50 AM

Wow.What`s that 750$ payment?  Grin

Bitcoin price fall can be very frustrating if you hold lots of btc,i know. Wink

Don`t panic and don`t sell and you are fine.The price will go up sooner or later.

The number of coins added through mining is a small % of coins which are continuously traded. Therefor the halving should not influence the price much.
But in reality the price is greatly influenced by what people believe. Regardless of facts. So if we all belief price goes up, then price will go up. And if price goes up, price might go up a lot simply because there are more eyes on the price during the halving.
Schuyler

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 07:24:54 AM

You may know some things about btc but you don't know how to react when the price takes a pullback. That is all normal and we all feel uneasy when something uncontrollable unfolds right before our eyes, much worse if it is us who are on the losing end. I say don't give up just yet, wait further until such time that the price has stabilized at these higher levels. Do not be among those who panic sell, because that will just bring the price down further.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: