Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:52:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Dollar Scarcity  (Read 1729 times)
bitcoin730 (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:33:20 AM

I found myself thinking that bitcoin may have a serious relationship with dollar as this relation can be showed in inflation/deflation phenomena but what encounters logic of the rules of inflation/deflation is that bitcoin has increase and decrease at the same time and exponentially . Thus How can we suppose that bitcoin may break the rules of inflation/deflation and some economic rules ?And can bitcoin remains faithful to US dollar?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:43:00 AM

I found myself thinking that bitcoin may have a serious relationship with dollar as this relation can be showed in inflation/deflation phenomena but what encounters logic of the rules of inflation/deflation is that bitcoin has increase and decrease at the same time and exponentially . Thus How can we suppose that bitcoin may break the rules of inflation/deflation and some economic rules ?And can bitcoin remains faithful to US dollar?

You will have to be more clear than that if you want a meaningful discussion.
bitcoin730 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 02:09:02 AM

In brief i want to know how deep relation between US dollar and bitcoin can break the rules of up and down of bitcoin and dollar ?
bitcoin730 (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:39:22 PM

Well bitcoin has a serious relationship with dollar I think. Their relationship is that dollars is the main currency where btc is traded into. Well I don't know if bitcoin and dollar have other relationships.

I will more clarify my question . how trade can break the rules of increases and decreases of bitcoin and dollar?
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 01:50:20 PM

Frankly I don't exactly understand what you try to say.

Bitcoin doesn't break any economic rules. In regard to scarcity, Bitcoin is much more scarce than the USD, that is subject to so called "Quantitative Easing", meaning that the number of monetary units is steadily increasing without an upper limit. So inflationary devaluation of the USD is a certainty.

On the other hand, Bitcoin's monetary supply is limited to 21 million coins that are released in decreasing amounts based on actual work (mining) done. So while on a technical level Bitcoin today is inflationary as well, it functions like a deflationary currency, because the demand for Bitcoin outmatches the supply rate that can't be increased.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:01:45 PM

Well bitcoin has a serious relationship with dollar I think. Their relationship is that dollars is the main currency where btc is traded into. Well I don't know if bitcoin and dollar have other relationships.

Dollar is no doubt a main currency but that time is not far away that bitcoin will be main and only currecny of the world. It will be the global currency. Maybe at this time of writing this post, its seems a wish that cant come true, but you never know in 50 Years USD will be only history and Bitcoins everywhere and every country main currency.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:36:55 PM

Bitcoin value is still up over 200% in USD value from this time last year. That Bitcoin value has not only survived on a global basis for more than five years, but thrived, and attracted some of the largest merchants worldwide.
M28MmickT

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

BTG CEO

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:41:42 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 03:34:02 PM by M28MmickT

Bitcoin has went from 0.25 USD to 678 USD at the time of writing, Dollar scarcity?, the Federal Reserve can make any amount of Dollar bills at any time, I don't believe in such scarcity.  Roll Eyes
Tips welcome 1DDGB4S8B8h8ZgAUvSh1JtUUZTAxX8uGJs

groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:43:51 PM

Bitcoins price inflation and deflation is not dependent on the amount of dollars rather it is dependent on the buy and sell in the market. What makes the price of bitcoin goes up and down is the demand in the market and the remaining supply of bitcoin. Bitcoin is very limited compared to dollars. So there no relationship between dollars and bitcoin
NorthPixel

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 03:12:42 PM

Bitcoins price inflation and deflation is not dependent on the amount of dollars rather it is dependent on the buy and sell in the market. What makes the price of bitcoin goes up and down is the demand in the market and the remaining supply of bitcoin. Bitcoin is very limited compared to dollars. So there no relationship between dollars and bitcoin

Yes. In the short term, the bitcoin price depends on the buy and sell in the market. But the value depends on the usage.
Jimbola3

Activity: 382

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 03:16:50 PM

In brief i want to know how deep relation between US dollar and bitcoin can break the rules of up and down of bitcoin and dollar ?
yeah they have pretty good relation as bitcoin wont be so high without dollors i guess as most of the economic moments are affected by dollor as it have great power in the world !
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 03:21:39 PM

Bitcoin breaks the rules of inflation/deflation because of it having a limited supply that is slowly leaked into the total supply, and it thus deflationary because of there being a hard cap at 21 million coins. Even if it isn't obvious now that it is deflationary, once the next two halvings are done, you'll see  a majority of Bitcoin being mined and thus the price slowly trickle upwards as Bitcoin is destroyed, lost or held. As long as there is a desire for the currency, there is enough for everything else.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 12:17:01 PM

If I am getting it right then you are pointing towards similarity in the movement of the price of bitcoin and US dollar.

I think, the inflation and deflation of price of bitcoin are correlated to the movements of US dollar because, although bitcoin price is largest in alternative cryptocurrencies but still it is far less as compared to the US dollar market capital. So when the price of US dollar decreases, you can expect the downwards trend in bitcoin but in fact the price of bitcoin increases in such condition due to the lesser value of consideration. It's exactly opposite to the law of demand and supply.
genny2kuk

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

It Can Only Get Better

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:54:17 PM

Dollar is inflationary while bitcoin is deflationary

Content Writing Service: Let's Craft Engaging Crypto Articles For You. 
 We create high quality & SEO Optimized Web Contents. Content Types include Article rewrites, Regular blog posts, Reviews & Copywriting services.
 Send me PM if in need of our services.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:41:20 AM

Nowadays, we cannot deny that dollar so far is the main currency at the present time now.  That's why bitcoin has a serious relationship with dollars, so for now we can't do something about it but to follow what its needs to be follow. Maybe after 1 century bitcoin can be the new world currency as dollar status right now. Grin
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 03:53:33 AM

Nowadays, we cannot deny that dollar so far is the main currency at the present time now.  That's why bitcoin has a serious relationship with dollars, so for now we can't do something about it but to follow what its needs to be follow. Maybe after 1 century bitcoin can be the new world currency as dollar status right now. Grin

Bitcoin need a clear regulatory rules in future if it's to become the benchmark for a world currency. US will not allow that to happen, eventually Bitcoin will attempt to be converted into the center of America continent currency through government policy against most major foreign exchange market, it's their government that will make it that way in future.

In principle of a civilized economy, the currency should be centralized or at least have tremendous market power, the fluctuations and liquidity is a regular trend. When bitcoin community can no longer unstoppable, each world will automatically recognize it.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:13:47 PM

I guess they have a connection, But there something I had noticed what do you mean  by what encounters logic of the rules of inflation/deflation is that bitcoin has increase and decrease at the same time and exponentially? I'm just kind a confuse. Embarrassed
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:43:32 PM

this relation can be showed in inflation/deflation phenomena but what encounters logic of the rules of inflation/deflation is that bitcoin has increase and decrease at the same time and exponentially .
Bitcoin doesn't increase and decrease at the same time. I'm sorry OP, but I'm not following you there. Bitcoin is deflating, which means as time passes you will be able to buy more and more goods for the same number of coins. In your words we could say it's increasing because the amount of coins in circulation is rising.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:04:28 AM

I guess they have a connection, But there something I had noticed what do you mean  by what encounters logic of the rules of inflation/deflation is that bitcoin has increase and decrease at the same time and exponentially? I'm just kind a confuse. Embarrassed

i believe OP is seeing the short term fluctuations and calls it "increase and decrease" and then looks at the long term and talks about the exponential growth of bitcoin. and they are both true but i don't get why he is trying to connect it to USD and uses the word scarcity of dollar!!!

p.s. this is an old topic you bumped up.

Buying the dip...
genny2kuk

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

It Can Only Get Better

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:29:56 AM

Bitcoin and USD are inversely correlated. While bitcoin is deflationary because of its limited supply and increasing demand, USD is inflationary because of its increasing supply.

Content Writing Service: Let's Craft Engaging Crypto Articles For You. 
 We create high quality & SEO Optimized Web Contents. Content Types include Article rewrites, Regular blog posts, Reviews & Copywriting services.
 Send me PM if in need of our services.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: