Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:58:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rent mining rig  (Read 1258 times)
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:48:13 PM

Hi all,

I would like to rent a mining rig for 1 to 2 months. I want it to mine LTCs using my username in a predefined pool, so that I can watch the progress and HashRate.
The payment will be in 5 parts using PAYPAL, like the following:

1st Payment : during the 1st Day (in which I will see the HashRates - i will keep the pool statistics open 24/7)
2nd Payment: end of week1
3rd Payment: end of week2
4rth Payment: end of week3
5th Payment: end of week4

The total payprice will be fixed and settled right before aggreement. It will ofcourse depend on the Hashrate.

I am open to discussion/ideas. For the mining we can use cgminer or reaper, and maybe try a few different input parameters, to check whether we can get better hashes.
The owner can try by himself or let me do it (i.e. via teamviewer or something similar). We can also try to find the best suited input parameters by searching in the mining
LTC official forum or google.

PS: I am not a thief/ please respond only if you're really interested in the subject.
Thanks in advance

@Admin: If you please and find it useful to do so, move this topic to the Marketing Place (I cannot create a topic there cause I'm a newbie here).

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:54:04 PM

Hmm ... first post, no reference of feedback (OTC/ebay/honest traders)

Looks legit!  Cheesy

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 07:59:44 PM

How can I proove that I am legit? what if the agreement starts after 1 minute that I've seen the Hashrates in the pool?

and after that minute you stop ..

do u suggest something else?

wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:02:57 PM

I have also a friend here who can reference me.

I never dealt with this forum cause I'm mostly interested in LiteCoins.  Cool

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:06:34 PM

How can I proove that I am legit? what if the agreement starts after 1 minute that I've seen the Hashrates in the pool?

Interesting. I can foresee some issues that may crop up. What rate are you proposing? PP the only way you will pay? If the hash rate fluctuates (and it does/will) will you panic and refuse payment?
Spell out some ground rules and see where it goes.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:16:02 PM

Interesting. I can foresee some issues that may crop up. What rate are you proposing? PP the only way you will pay? If the hash rate fluctuates (and it does/will) will you panic and refuse payment?

I would prefer PayPal because I do not have any BTC, only LTC. I am interested in any rate above 2GHs.. the more the better.
It depends on the price that you'll ask for your rig & electricity. I will not refuse payment once it's agreed, no matter the difficulty raise (which already
goes crazy) or the LTC price. But you cannot change the price during the renting time neither. Also, we could break the total price in even more parts, that way you will be more sure that I am not a thief.

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 08:39:15 PM

I would prefer PayPal because I do not have any BTC, only LTC. I am interested in any rate above 2GHs.. the more the better.
It depends on the price that you'll ask for your rig & electricity. I will not refuse payment once it's agreed, no matter the difficulty raise (which already
goes crazy) or the LTC price. But you cannot change the price during the renting time neither. Also, we could break the total price in even more parts, that way you will be more sure that I am not a thief.

If I were interested then I would want to be paid in BTC/LTC. That would be much better than PP.
Ok, so lay out a rough contract including your offer of rent and some ground rules, most things being negotiable. You do realize your offer would have to be tempting enough or the miner would just mine for themselves?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 09:20:50 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2013, 09:51:21 PM by wizzardTim

If I were interested then I would want to be paid in BTC/LTC. That would be much better than PP.
Ok, so lay out a rough contract including your offer of rent and some ground rules, most things being negotiable. You do realize your offer would have to be tempting enough or the miner would just mine for themselves?

I realize that my offer should be tempting yes.
===========================================================================================================
Well the contract is as follows:

1) The renting will last 1 or 2 months. Theres no turning back on the timeplan once it's agreed between us. However, if in case we choose the 1 month, then when the month is over we can renew it for another month, if we both wish so.

2) The price will be fixed. It will be based on the hashrate for mining LiteCoins (note that there are some variations between the hashrate when mining BTC and when mining LTC. Some indication of the hashrate for LTC you can find here https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison). If we choose initially the 1-month period and then choose to renew it for the second month,
we can continue with the same price or agree upon another price (up to us).

3) The pool that we will use will be the "pool-x.eu" and we'll mine with my username (in case you do not want me to do the settings/tests of cgminer or reaper with TeamViewer). I'll give you my password and then I will open the page and look at the hashrate of your rig. You will open the same page too to see the current hashrate, to be secure that I am not lying (you can also see the hashrate in the application/DOS window if we use cgminer).

4) After some minutes pass we will note the hashrate and I will give you the first payment through PayPal. It would be better if we break the total payment into 5 or more parts. The first payment during the 1st day - to establish our trust and build faith between us. The second after 1 week (7 days) of the first payment, the third after 2 weeks of the first payment, the fourth after 3 weeks of the first payment and the fifth after 4 weeks (end of month).

5) The suggested price is 260,6USD or 200Euro per 1GHz
 ============================================================================================================

I am open for discussion/changes

Updated:Edited price

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Here's a current snapshot of my output, just to give you an idea:

Albert Einstein
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:15:25 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2013, 09:07:27 AM by wizzardTim

Here's a current snapshot of my output, just to give you an idea:

Hi KWH,

for some reason I cannot see the snapshot. Must be the firewall of the company that I work in.
Will check-it out with my mobile and respond later

wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 04:34:02 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2013, 06:53:13 PM by wizzardTim

Hi again,

Ok, I saw the snapshot. Your rig is around 3MHs, so the total payment will be 600€ / 777.3$. And each of the 5 payments will be 600€/5 = 120€/155.6$. But that is if you are really achieving 3MHs in the litecoin pool (real case) scenario. So i suggest to pm me, give me your paypal account that I'll send the monye to,  and I will give you my username and pass in the pool-x.eu so that we can see the real hashrate and begin!!! Smiley

You can also do some tests on your own if you want, to check with what parameters you'll get the max hashrate with cgminer or reaper.

wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:36:37 PM

Hi again,

Ok, I saw the snapshot. Your rig is around 3MHs, so the total payment will be 600€ / 777.3$. And each of the 5 payments will be 600€/5 = 120€/155.6$. But that is if you are really achieving 3MHs in the litecoin pool (real case) scenario. So i suggest to pm me, give me your paypal account that I'll send the monye to,  and I will give you my username and pass in the pool-x.eu so that we can see the real hashrate and begin!!! Smiley

You can also do some tests on your own if you want, to check with what parameters you'll get the max hashrate with cgminer or reaper.

Hi again,

You suddently disappeared. Is everything ok? I thought we were close to start the business..

KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 07:13:51 PM

Hi again,

Hi again,

You suddently disappeared. Is everything ok? I thought we were close to start the business..

With the rate of LTC going up, I'll stick with mining for myself for now. This is what makes things interesting for me. I am also in the process of adding a few more GPUs to the mix. Maybe later if you're still looking we can talk further.

Albert Einstein
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 07:51:12 PM

bump - open also for new proposals

ashleysly

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 08:16:07 PM

You want to rent a minirig? not critisizing but if your going to make more LTC than what your paying out with the minirig, then im sure the owner of the minirig would do it him/her-self as they would get more money then.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Support me build a plane to advertise DVC: 1Mdu9MbAEsUm81NzEPQR7GCkUxbG39pWMy
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 12:28:09 AM

You want to rent a minirig? not critisizing but if your going to make more LTC than what your paying out with the minirig, then im sure the owner of the minirig would do it him/her-self as they would get more money then.

Yes, but
  • My price will be guaranteed, while the price of the coin is not
  • It will still  be cheapier for me than biulding a rig on my own. I just want to rent one for 1-2 months

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: