Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:34:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 232 days before bitcoin block reward halving  (Read 5732 times)
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 08:21:03 AM

I'm not sure the effect of halving will be the one expected...

I mean logically less mining reward means less btc supply means higher prices no?

Well in theory.
But from a practical point of view, I'd say that the halving will mostly only mean a HUGE dump of the massive accumulation of last months.
So I'd bet on a huge price crash in fact!

Last halving, the effect was dramatic, the price rose to $1200 from $12. This time, it should be much lower, maybe from $500 to $5000.

$500 to $5000 is very very very  high...
$300 to $1000 is more realistic...

No, there is no way the next peak will be lower than the one in 2013.....

It will smash $1200 AND KEEP GOING.....

I think so. The $1200 price is achievable if there is not any major disaster fro the bitcoin in the next 12 months.
I agree with you. With the price now, it is achievable unless a big whale sold all of his btc. It is also possible to dump if there will be a massive panic sell now.

After the recent price correction, the price will go to $800 during the halving time. The longer the correciton, the higher the price.

In any event, it will be interesting. Personally, I can not wait  Cheesy
Currently, I must admit that I'm very optimistic. Currently, halvening, Brexit and latest event China weakens Yuan, Bitcoin could only benefit from this. If you ask me for my opinion ~$3000 in the next month or two.
onemd

Activity: 309
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:31:36 PM

The halving is just 5 days away. It is sooner than expected due to the rise of the bitcoin mining hashing.

morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:32:49 PM

The halving is just 5 days away. It is sooner than expected due to the rise of the bitcoin mining hashing.

everyone knows that, there is no need to state the obvious
trickshot22

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 05:01:09 PM

I'm not sure the effect of halving will be the one expected...

I mean logically less mining reward means less btc supply means higher prices no?

Well in theory.
But from a practical point of view, I'd say that the halving will mostly only mean a HUGE dump of the massive accumulation of last months.
So I'd bet on a huge price crash in fact!

Last halving, the effect was dramatic, the price rose to $1200 from $12. This time, it should be much lower, maybe from $500 to $5000.

$500 to $5000 is very very very  high...
$300 to $1000 is more realistic...

No, there is no way the next peak will be lower than the one in 2013.....

It will smash $1200 AND KEEP GOING.....

I think so. The $1200 price is achievable if there is not any major disaster fro the bitcoin in the next 12 months.
I agree with you. With the price now, it is achievable unless a big whale sold all of his btc. It is also possible to dump if there will be a massive panic sell now.

After the recent price correction, the price will go to $800 during the halving time. The longer the correciton, the higher the price.
i think those are just going to be some low prices when bitcoin will start growing because the price has a lot of potential to become bigger and bigger before the halving

in my opinion we reach a new all time high really soon really easily hopefully, though those are just some wild predictions to be honest and nearly anything might happen
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:41:43 AM

in my opinion we reach a new all time high really soon really easily hopefully, though those are just some wild predictions to be honest and nearly anything might happen

We can reach $1000 by the end of this year. But a new all time high of $1200 could be reach some time in 2017.
onemd

Activity: 309
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:27:37 AM

We can reach $1000 by the end of this year. But a new all time high of $1200 could be reach some time in 2017.

If the price reaches $1200 or higher, there could be a big bubble forming. It is better for the price stops at $1000.

Auponef

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 07:18:51 PM

If the price reaches $1200 or higher, there could be a big bubble forming. It is better for the price stops at $1000.

At least for the time being, there is no big bitcoin price bubble. I think the whales are not manipulating at the moment.
greatr

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 07:26:42 PM

At least for the time being, there is no big bitcoin price bubble. I think the whales are not manipulating at the moment.
well i doubt that it is true right now, i think that the whales are not manipulating the price right now, i think that all of the people can move the price not only the whales
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:35:34 AM

well i doubt that it is true right now, i think that the whales are not manipulating the price right now, i think that all of the people can move the price not only the whales

We can only move the price 1 to 2% a day. The whale ca move the price 5 to 10% per day. They are more powerful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: