Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:32:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashnest Maintenance/Payout Rate is BS?  (Read 1130 times)
plexasm (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:00:12 AM

I just bought 5 S7's on Hashnest

Their current advertised Maintenance/Payout rate is 35.7% (been between 37-39% for the past 24h)...

After about 18 hours of mining...

Payout Total(BTC)

Maintenance(BTC)

Which yields a true Maintenance/Payout of 76.8%

Is this normal to have some variability in the Maintenance/Payout, or is this site gambling with their credibility? I find it VERY hard to believe that ~80% of your payout is gone to maintenance when the bitcoin price is $600+

It seems hashnest is the only cloudmining company worth putting money into, so if this site is bogus, then that's it for cloud mining.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bapparabi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 09:37:13 AM

Their current advertised Maintenance/Payout rate is 35.7% (been between 37-39% for the past 24h)...

Payout Total(BTC)

Maintenance(BTC)

Is this normal to have some variability in the Maintenance/Payout, or is this site gambling with their credibility? I find it VERY hard to believe that ~80% of your payout is gone to maintenance when the bitcoin price is $600+

It seems hashnest is the only cloudmining company worth putting money into, so if this site is bogus, then that's it for cloud mining.

as you have started to mine just 18 hours there maintenance fee is more then 100% this just last 48 hours happening before that everything is good working fine and getting very good return ..but last 24 hours due to bitcoin price drop there may be some issue in there mining server so we are not getting good return ..this will be solved soon and they also aware bout this ..

plexasm (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:43:53 AM

It seems that they had some hardware issues. Things seem to be running much better the past 6 hours
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:50:41 AM

It seems that they had some hardware issues. Things seem to be running much better the past 6 hours
I think you must try  ask about your problem on support service hashnest,  it will give you more better information than just many opinions in here.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 12:55:16 AM

All 'cloud mining' sites are scams.  They just manipulate their payouts so that you're stuck waiting around for years until hitting ROI...by then the site'll close down :\
luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:13:23 AM

Sad to say but they bleed you dry until your miner becomes absoulete. But thats all legit mining site unless you have physical hardware.

There was a point in time it was worth while when they had the options to sell the contracts on the forums to be avoiding to be more liquid but those days are gone.

Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 02:39:31 PM

Payout Total(BTC)

Maintenance(BTC)

You are not taken in affect the luck they got. The payout is depending on an average luck. The moment the pool is less lucky then average you cost will be higher etc.
More important why did you decide to buy cloud mining. It isn't profitable.
plexasm (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:58:45 PM

Payout Total(BTC)

Maintenance(BTC)

You are not taken in affect the luck they got. The payout is depending on an average luck. The moment the pool is less lucky then average you cost will be higher etc.
More important why did you decide to buy cloud mining. It isn't profitable.

I bought hashnest because they do real mining, and also they have a market system so that you can sell your hashing power if you're dissatisfied with earnings. So far I'm pretty impressed, the earnings are about what is predicted from mining calculators.

I'm willing to take a loss, just for the experience of trying cloud mining and proving to myself that it's bogus if things go bad

I don't buy the argument that no cloud mining can be profitable. To know that absolutely, you would need to know exactly what will happen to difficulty and bitcoin price in the future. So worth a shot for me
pumawolf

Activity: 968

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 03:08:03 AM

the maint % on the stats page is just a  estimate  , sometimes  u get more  sometimes u get less,  this last week has been crappy mining at antpool. dont rely on that   for profit loss   it fluctuates  on the reg  acording to diff and btc price  , u would start paying attention to it when it gets higher than 90%  ,  they will close the market and go into redemption mode  without notice when the machine is underwater.
plexasm (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 07:47:17 AM

the maint % on the stats page is just a  estimate  , sometimes  u get more  sometimes u get less,  this last week has been crappy mining at antpool. dont rely on that   for profit loss   it fluctuates  on the reg  acording to diff and btc price  , u would start paying attention to it when it gets higher than 90%  ,  they will close the market and go into redemption mode  without notice when the machine is underwater.

cool thanks for info

yeah AntPool has been unlucky past week it seems. Yesterday was a good day
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: