Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:26:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is investing in mining still worth it?  (Read 12725 times)
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:51:15 PM

I put your question differently. What if no one engaged in mining?
No one is here suggesting not to engage in mining. Some people are suggesting not to invest into cloud mining as it is not profitable in quick time. ROI may requires you to wait around one year.

I believe that it's till worth it someone to invest on mining but also I know that doesn't have many benefits but we specify how many and what benefits it will has for whatever we do.
No it is not worth as per the current bitcoin price levels and its mining difficulty levels.
Mining is a good business if you are able to invest in industry level. You must need more number of latest ASICs to have decent profits out of it else it is highly suggested not to try it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qinetik

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:08:45 AM

I put your question differently. What if no one engaged in mining? Mining is important because it continues the production of btc. I believe that it's till worth it someone to invest on mining but also I know that doesn't have many benefits but we specify how many and what benefits it will has for whatever we do.

You can earn more bitcoins by investing in the altcoin mining  then sell the coins for the bitcoin. That is more efficient.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 11:37:23 AM

I put your question differently. What if no one engaged in mining? Mining is important because it continues the production of btc. I believe that it's till worth it someone to invest on mining but also I know that doesn't have many benefits but we specify how many and what benefits it will has for whatever we do.

You can earn more bitcoins by investing in the altcoin mining  then sell the coins for the bitcoin. That is more efficient.

So where do you mine that?  Does any  cloudmining site offers alt mining?  But for what i've seen genisis mining offers zcash but i think i see some people claims that it is not worth it to go invest on alt mining on their,  but if you have an hardware to mine alts well actually you can earn some profits with that but don"t expect for it to became more bigger.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Mark02

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 08:04:14 PM

So where do you mine that?  Does any  cloudmining site offers alt mining?  But for what i've seen genisis mining offers zcash but i think i see some people claims that it is not worth it to go invest on alt mining on their,  but if you have an hardware to mine alts well actually you can earn some profits with that but don"t expect for it to became more bigger.

I think it is best to mine bitcoins rather than any other Alternative Coins. That was just my opinion. Well since bitcoins price is in his high's now. We can say that it will generate more profit over your expenses and the demand of bitcoin is continuing to increase making it suitable to hold your mined bitcoin and sell it in a much higher price.
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:44:44 AM

Right now, I'm planning to invest more or less $100 in HashNest since I've used their services before, but on a very very small scale.

$100 would get me about 1TH. Would it still be worth it? Based on some calculations, the ROI would be just under 90 days. Their prices are pretty stable.
I think yes. I'd manifested on that site abd I earn profit. More profitable if I am using less electric power cost.
I have invest $500 dollar on last month and now I'm gaining profit then put it in investment again.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:42:19 AM

Right now, I'm planning to invest more or less $100 in HashNest since I've used their services before, but on a very very small scale.

$100 would get me about 1TH. Would it still be worth it? Based on some calculations, the ROI would be just under 90 days. Their prices are pretty stable.
I think yes. I'd manifested on that site abd I earn profit. More profitable if I am using less electric power cost.
I have invest $500 dollar on last month and now I'm gaining profit then put it in investment again.
Investing on hashnest is also a good thing though but it wont be a guarantee to last forever and also mining difficulty would be the  problem you will experience on the long run and you will surely notice it when your profits or earning will be lessen.If you do have the money and a low electricity cost on your country then mining would be a good move but suggesting a cloudmining site,i dont think so.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 10:45:21 AM

Investing on hashnest is also a good thing though but it wont be a guarantee to last forever and also mining difficulty would be the  problem you will experience on the long run and you will surely notice it when your profits or earning will be lessen.If you do have the money and a low electricity cost on your country then mining would be a good move but suggesting a cloudmining site,i dont think so.

Even many feed back that has making it as positive cloud mining site. Still we can't remove the bad reputation of cloud mining. Just always learn from what happened from the past and we will all be guided. There are just some people who are willing to take risk in accordance for the possible profit that they can made from it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:58:07 PM

IMO even if the outlook of investing into mining is a bit good because of the price, I wouldn't put the majority of my investments into it. Remember, it's not only the difficulty and the price that's at play here, it's more complicated than that, and I see it as not worth the trouble.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 10:39:36 PM

I think you should invest with only small amount so that, if ever that mining is scam, it is not much lost. Also, if you really want to invest on mining, ask its users and some reviews. Most of mining bitcoin nowadays tend to scam many people.
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 10:59:10 PM

I think you should invest with only small amount so that, if ever that mining is scam, it is not much lost. Also, if you really want to invest on mining, ask its users and some reviews. Most of mining bitcoin nowadays tend to scam many people.
I don't think that is how people invest in mining because you can easily be stolen money from those sites. If you want to have a true investing, you need to contact mining experts and ask them how to set up your own mining system. The ROI would be 6 to 8 months but you will never be scamed. Try to stay away from Cloud mining, they are definitely scammers
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 11:16:17 PM

I don't think that is how people invest in mining because you can easily be stolen money from those sites. If you want to have a true investing, you need to contact mining experts and ask them how to set up your own mining system. The ROI would be 6 to 8 months but you will never be scamed. Try to stay away from Cloud mining, they are definitely scammers

Yes, doesn't matter the amount invested, big or low amount, you won't see any profit on it. The cloud mining initially, offers a average income that could result in a 1 year ROI. But as their income lower each new day, at some point this is impossible to happen. So, investors never know when they will hit ROI or if they will really hit ROI...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 08:45:28 PM

Obviously most of them are ,and mining now is not profitable in any case even if you want to mine altcoins then also you need efficient miner hardware.so its better to stay away from mining, if you do not have good backup or unless your earning is totally dependent on cryptocurrency.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 12:04:13 PM

I was interested in building a btc mining farm, a solar-powered one. It seems to be the future of mining. Unfortunately I can't find enough information about the price of it, but by the models that I see, it looks expensive.
It doesn't only look expensive, but building up a decent home level farm is indeed an expensive investment where you constantly need to invest into your farm due to the difficulty going higher and higher.

If you don't keep adding extra gear from time to time, then you'll fall behind significantly where you'll have a hard time even getting 75% of your initial investment amount back.

What is your budget if I may ask? And at what hardware have you been looking? What country you're from?
Even, I was read on some reliable article about the solar plants building cost. I might have said if that's not suitable in my mind.
The minimum cost for building my own solar plant are $10.000 and it was taken over 20 years for ROI, but I call this just saving some of my monthly bills. The solar plant might not have worth in this time.

You hear about  solar roof used   on houses? Those even  cost  almost $8000  which means  it  would   took  up  long  to reach your  roi .  Hardware  mining would  be  profitable  only  if  the electricity  cost  on your country  is  cheap if  its expensive  then  dont  bother to do  mining  farms.  It would be useless and  just wasting  your  time and  money.
Yes I agree to this because the profit of mining has decreased significantly but been that said if you are mining with a lot of hash power and you have electricity free (well, some countries like India I heard people are doing something and getting free electricity) or very cheap then you should try it and you will earn good.
Eric Mu

Activity: 471

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 02:53:30 PM

Mining is pretty much like a music chair game - there will always someone who will be eliminated in each round. To succeed, you have to be above certain percentage when it comes to cost control. If 20% miners are bound to lose money this year, then you need to raise your percentile above 20. As simple as that.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 02:55:58 PM

I was interested in building a btc mining farm, a solar-powered one. It seems to be the future of mining. Unfortunately I can't find enough information about the price of it, but by the models that I see, it looks expensive.
It doesn't only look expensive, but building up a decent home level farm is indeed an expensive investment where you constantly need to invest into your farm due to the difficulty going higher and higher.

If you don't keep adding extra gear from time to time, then you'll fall behind significantly where you'll have a hard time even getting 75% of your initial investment amount back.

What is your budget if I may ask? And at what hardware have you been looking? What country you're from?
Even, I was read on some reliable article about the solar plants building cost. I might have said if that's not suitable in my mind.
The minimum cost for building my own solar plant are $10.000 and it was taken over 20 years for ROI, but I call this just saving some of my monthly bills. The solar plant might not have worth in this time.

You hear about  solar roof used   on houses? Those even  cost  almost $8000  which means  it  would   took  up  long  to reach your  roi .  Hardware  mining would  be  profitable  only  if  the electricity  cost  on your country  is  cheap if  its expensive  then  dont  bother to do  mining  farms.  It would be useless and  just wasting  your  time and  money.
Yes I agree to this because the profit of mining has decreased significantly but been that said if you are mining with a lot of hash power and you have electricity free (well, some countries like India I heard people are doing something and getting free electricity) or very cheap then you should try it and you will earn good.

Well another option for them is to have an solar panel so they can lessen the electricity cost eventhough they are not on india, and i think i've read many people doing that and some of them got really huge  profit from this doing,  but for the other country well surely mining is not for them since electricity is the most expensive thing they will encounter and also the maintenance fee will be follow.

And the difficulty should really we need to look up so we cannot be fooled by any frauds who make a cloudmining scam as a business, its not worth to spend with and surely they will take our money if we go continue to invest at them,

Eric Mu

Activity: 471

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:02:57 PM

You hear about  solar roof used   on houses? Those even  cost  almost $8000  which means  it  would   took  up  long  to reach your  roi .  Hardware  mining would  be  profitable  only  if  the electricity  cost  on your country  is  cheap if  its expensive  then  dont  bother to do  mining  farms.  It would be useless and  just wasting  your  time and  money.

Well another option for them is to have an solar panel so they can lessen the electricity cost eventhough they are not on india, and i think i've read many people doing that and some of them got really huge  profit from this doing,  but for the other country well surely mining is not for them since electricity is the most expensive thing they will encounter and also the maintenance fee will be follow.

And the difficulty should really we need to look up so we cannot be fooled by any frauds who make a cloudmining scam as a business, its not worth to spend with and surely they will take our money if we go continue to invest at them,

Forget about solar panel - the initial investment factor is often underestimated. And if you look at China, the reason that it dominates the mining game is not that it has the cheapest electricity but the low cost of building a mining facility and cheaper price to pay for hardware.

Solar panel takes forever to ROI.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 05:54:06 PM

And mining of alt coins would give you profit more and the time when you collect some coins the price would fall of the altcoins while with bitcoins at least one thing is sure that we wont face loss with mining due to the price of bitcoins. I did some mining earlier (last year ) and was quite good then I sold my mining equipment.
ubitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 07:44:00 PM

It is true that bitcoins miners are desperately needed brother but other than thinking emotionally we also have to check if we are doing mining in loss or profit, yeah a friend of mine whom I encouraged to buy some mining rigs and mine said he ended up in loss. Though he never regretted since the price of bitcoins saved him Smiley
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 09:10:28 PM

It's not worth it. It wasn't worth it last year too. Mining won't get you more coins compared to buying and holding and the risk of a fire, theft or any other equipment failure is too great. It would've been different if the hardware sellers provided some kind of a warranty, but they don't and people are still buying their product like crazy. What would you do if a store you bought your pc from told you there's no warranty? I bet you'd never buy it.

dhampir-D

Activity: 454

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 09:23:16 PM

It's not worth it. It wasn't worth it last year too. Mining won't get you more coins compared to buying and holding and the risk of a fire, theft or any other equipment failure is too great. It would've been different if the hardware sellers provided some kind of a warranty, but they don't and people are still buying their product like crazy. What would you do if a store you bought your pc from told you there's no warranty? I bet you'd never buy it.
It's a very specialized business. There are many factors that make it difficult for new users. In addition to those already mentioned, such as mining diff, equipment costs, electricity cots, there are other factors that also make a difference, such as the cost of sending the equipment. This makes the cost lower for people who live near the manufacturers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: