Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is HashNest okay for a starter cloud miner?  (Read 1990 times)
pandalion98 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 06:59:06 AM

I've used HashNest before and I'll say they're not bad, although that was for very small transactions (right now, I have 56 GH/s worth of power).
I'm planning to invest about $100 to different cloud mining services, or all in one service.

Has anyone had any issues with HashNest? Are they legit? Do you recommend them?
I'm also looking at Genesis Mining but their contracts are expensive and there's a minimum of 500 GH/s. Hashnest is about half-price and also does not have a minimum.

Opinions?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:37:28 AM

I've used HashNest before and I'll say they're not bad, although that was for very small transactions (right now, I have 56 GH/s worth of power).
I'm planning to invest about $100 to different cloud mining services, or all in one service.

I'm also looking at Genesis Mining but their contracts are expensive and there's a minimum of 500 GH/s. Hashnest is about half-price and also does not have a minimum.

Opinions?

Hashnest is only cloud mining site I send people to currently.  They have the trust being tied in with Bitmain.  Sadly there are just a TON of scams out there so I personally would not go by price or likely you will see your BTC ride off into the sunset with someone else.  Hashnest does not guarentee a ROI but it at least gives you a fair chance with being legit cloud mining site.

Other option is purchasing gear and having it hosted somewhere.  This is also a valid option to know you are actually getting a real miner, not scam.  But again you would need to pick a host that is well known and legit.
pandalion98 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 07:51:01 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2016, 08:13:09 AM by pandalion98

Opinions?

Hashnest is only cloud mining site I send people to currently.  They have the trust being tied in with Bitmain.  Sadly there are just a TON of scams out there so I personally would not go by price or likely you will see your BTC ride off into the sunset with someone else.  Hashnest does not guarentee a ROI but it at least gives you a fair chance with being legit cloud mining site.

Other option is purchasing gear and having it hosted somewhere.  This is also a valid option to know you are actually getting a real miner, not scam.  But again you would need to pick a host that is well known and legit.
Good to hear. I'm dealing directly on HashNest's website (https://www.hashnest.com/) so there shouldn't be any issues with me dealing with someone shady. Their market is also reasonably priced. If I were to buy 4 TH of mining power, it would cost $50 less than if I would buy from their store.

Besides, they're the ones with the absolute lowest price of the bunch (even when compared to known ponzi sites), and the price is actually still dropping.
bapparabi

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 09:32:22 AM

yes hasnest is best because they are oldest cloud mining still running and there parent company make the mining machine also they have there own pool ..and the best thing is that you can buy form 1 ghs and when ever you think you can sell it ..
Rahees

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 09:56:26 AM

I'm looking to invest into Hashnet.

There's no place to pruchase GH/S though?!
pandalion98 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 10:46:58 AM

I'm looking to invest into Hashnet.

There's no place to pruchase GH/S though?!
Yes there is. You have to log in first.
Rahees

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:41:29 PM

I have done, just says purchase an Ant Miner. I don't want to invest that much, can't we invest a smaller amount for example $10?
pandalion98 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 12:59:41 PM

I have done, just says purchase an Ant Miner. I don't want to invest that much, can't we invest a smaller amount for example $10?
You can invest as low as $0.08 as of a few minutes ago. That will get you about 1 GH/s.

Rahees

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:17:31 PM

I see. How much can 100 GH/S earn me a day on average?
pandalion98 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 02:46:23 PM

There are calculators for that, so please don't ask me. I don't want to get blamed when you get losses. Just do your research.
pandalion98 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 02:49:25 PM

There are calculators for that, so please don't ask me. I don't want to get blamed when you get losses. Just do your research.
Okay, I may have been too harsh.

Based on the current price, I assume you want to spend about 7.7 USD.
Based on the product page for the S7, 100GH would be about 24.90 watts. They charge more or less $0.09 per kWh.

Based on those numbers, you would earn $0.16 per day. There will be a fee of about $0.05 per day, so your profit would be $0.11 per day.

You will break even in about 70 days.
Rahees

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:01:11 PM

Thanks for this.

You wasn't harsh at all  - Thanks for your help Smiley

I may invest there or hashocean, still deciding about that lol.
pandalion98 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 03:04:48 PM

Thanks for this.

You wasn't harsh at all  - Thanks for your help Smiley

I may invest there or hashocean, still deciding about that lol.
I've actually invested in hashocean too. Diversifying is the way to go. Don't focus on one provider because if that provider fails, you may loose a really big amount.
Rahees

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 03:18:50 PM

How much have you invested in there? I haven't really invested much - just $20 and earning about $0.30 a day. I did get my first cashout two days ago and I'm debating to invest $100 or not.. its very tempting but also risky.
pandalion98 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 05:08:11 PM

How much have you invested in there? I haven't really invested much - just $20 and earning about $0.30 a day. I did get my first cashout two days ago and I'm debating to invest $100 or not.. its very tempting but also risky.
I've invested $100 a few hours ago.
Rahees

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:14:17 PM

I've invested a few dollars in Hashnet. I'm just being a bit cautious before the halving, because they might close.
pandalion98 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 05:18:22 PM

I've invested a few dollars in Hashnet. I'm just being a bit cautious before the halving, because they might close.
I'm also cautious about this. I'm thinking of pulling out when I see a significant increase in BTC price or when halving is really close.

But historically, halving doesn't really affect anything in a major way. The previous halving was quite uneventful.
Rahees

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:25:00 PM

Apparently investing a lot of money in Bitcoins will gain you double profit a few weeks after the halving.
pandalion98 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 05:35:45 PM

Apparently investing a lot of money in Bitcoins will gain you double profit a few weeks after the halving.

I really hope so. Right now, I've sold all of my GHs in HashNest (with profit) because

1. Their prices are dropping (possibly because of the upcoming S9 miner launch)
2. Prices are very unstable.
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:38:21 PM

With all the scams going on with cloudmining its hard to trust any of them but I do know that HashNest seems to be one of the better ones. Just be careful and dont invest more then you can afford to lose.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄